LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This might might be a weird question, but is there a certain good wrench brandname or go with good old craftsman?

Craftsman will be just fine.

Just keep in mind that the longer the handle, the more force can be applied to the bolt.

I can't remember for sure, but I don't think there's much problem with space back there, so you should be able to use a decent size wrench up there.

If you really have NO tools, just buy a cheapy (if this is all you will ever do) set. $10 maybe.

If you want properly priced, LIFETIME warranty, very nice tools - go craftsman. That's what I use for my heavy duty use stuff, and like them alot.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I never even put the car on a jack. Just army blanket no the ground layed down one socket and one open ended wrenck bolts off gaskets off hogzawst on bolts tight done.

PS finally went full stage 1 was .5 since June. Wife doesn't think the car can get any louder... we'll see.

So thats what it's called? Man, it's sweeeeeet.

I love the fumes. After I shut the car off, I hop out fast to get a great whiff or 3 before they disapate.

Does that explain the whole up-pipe thing, or was that an alcohol related incident?:icon_wink

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

This one time when I was 10 or 11, I was standing in front of my brothers old 1986 Ford Ranger - thing ran bad. I was waiting for him to get back, so I figured it would be a good idea to stand in the exhaust stream to keep warm (it was like -10). I looked down 30 seconds later, my whole pants were covered in soot! Ruined them. Dammit.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm worried about crap getting in the pipe as well as hot exhaust on the coating of the new sway bar and the bushings as it is pretty close.

Not so sure I am liking looking like a punk kid with the noise tho.. we'll see.

Wanna look like a punk kid? Go Hog Stage 2, and go though a parking lot stuck in 1st, at about 4,500 RPM's....it's LOOOOOUD!!!!! People stop and watch, it's great.

Not too many punk kids drive OBXT's, especially with a pancake for a hat:icon_wink

I like the noise, so I made some custom gaskets with the bottom edge cut out. All the soot blows back towards the cans. Also, if you had dropped one of your washers during the install, firing up the car would shoot it out the pipe. I'm not worried about anything getting up in there.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Shouldn't drone.

W/ my stage 1 after the car is warmed up I can barely hear the exhaust at all at highway speeds. I can still hear it at low speeds / low RPM, which is just awesome IMO. I hate drone, but want to hear the exhaust when I'm accelerating. Best of both worlds!