LegacyGT.com

No more Garnet Red LGT

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And more Horsepower too!!! I believe the Azeera has 265hp HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Yeah, the Azera is a real sporty number too.

The VDC is dead but the LLBean has VDC as does the OBXT and both are available w/ or w/out NAVI, and both get the uprated audio. Call me crazy but Subaru made a great move killing the VDC.

wow imo this really blows, ive been saving for months now and at this point i was on the fence with an 06 or 07 but leaning towards the 06 grp. why? cause it has the black interior, i have a 7 yr old plus my gf has kids. ever see what kids can do to a car?

ill be honest if soa had more black interiors in their LGT models id be a happy camper but either silver (which is ok imo but i own a silver car now, hell i doubt people would even notice my new car purchase)

or red are my ONLY choices! furthermore you could only get grp on a lgt no other se, le or whatever of course theyre not gonna sell many.

im very upset ive been saving for months for a big downpayment, and if i cant find a red im gonna have to go with a mazda or something similiar, the only saving grace would be if i get a steal on a spec b or settle for a silver and repaint it when i get my taxes next year.

very very upset :(

EDIT: forgot about black but blacks not an option.

The VDC is dead but the LLBean has VDC as does the OBXT and both are available w/ or w/out NAVI, and both get the uprated audio. Call me crazy but Subaru made a great move killing the VDC.

It's about time VDC has been made available on the different models.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

not sure what acura site you looked at but the one I just looked up offers 7 colors for the TL, 9 colors for the TSX

My mistake. Stupid IE browser at work! What a piece of garbage... For some reason it would only show four colors....

Wish we could use Firefox at work. Go Firefox!!!

I'm disappointed.

I wanted my car to look something like this...

http://www.sccpr.org/Legacy/leoleg3.jpg

And since I need all the headroom I can get, I also wanted an LGT w/o a sunroof.

Subaru has shot me down on both counts, unless I buy used. That sucks.

Me too! No sunroof - who needs it when you have dual zone a/c? But I wanted the Taupe interior - I got fed up of burning my butt with hot black leather in the summer - plus, okay I am probably weird, but I liked the wood! It made it feel more sophisticated - less boy racer.

Guess I am all faux carbon fiber, faux aluminmum, and metalized plastic out....

wow imo this really blows, ive been saving for months now and at this point i was on the fence with an 06 or 07 but leaning towards the 06 grp. why? cause it has the black interior, i have a 7 yr old plus my gf has kids. ever see what kids can do to a car?

ill be honest if soa had more black interiors in their LGT models id be a happy camper but either silver (which is ok imo but i own a silver car now, hell i doubt people would even notice my new car purchase)

or red are my ONLY choices! furthermore you could only get grp on a lgt no other se, le or whatever of course theyre not gonna sell many.

im very upset ive been saving for months for a big downpayment, and if i cant find a red im gonna have to go with a mazda or something similiar, the only saving grace would be if i get a steal on a spec b or settle for a silver and repaint it when i get my taxes next year.

very very upset :(

EDIT: forgot about black but blacks not an option.

AMEN BROTHER!!!

I am right with you. Wanted blue/black or red/black, now out of luck.

I like the red interior on the 06 Spec B, but the silver paint is bland. At least it would have bilsteins...

But won't have the folding rear seat or the MP3 input like the 07, unless the stereo can be transplanted, and console armrest shell can be retrofitted. (Jazzy audio mod possible... but an actual input selection on the head unit is "cleaner" useability.)

I have no idea how involved retrofitting the folding rear seatback will be. I suppose it depends on how involved the hinging and latch mechanisms are to refit to the 06 body-shell. probably not a weekend DIY mod, plus having to have the seatbacks re-fitted and recovered with Spec B red leather.

AMEN BROTHER!!!

I am right with you. Wanted blue/black or red/black, now out of luck.

I like the red interior on the 06 Spec B, but the silver paint is bland. At least it would have bilsteins...

But won't have the folding rear seat or the MP3 input like the 07, unless the stereo can be transplanted, and console armrest shell can be retrofitted. (Jazzy audio mod possible... but an actual input selection on the head unit is "cleaner" useability.)

I have no idea how involved retrofitting the folding rear seatback will be. I suppose it depends on how involved the hinging and latch mechanisms are to refit to the 06 body-shell. probably not a weekend DIY mod, plus having to have the seatbacks re-fitted and recovered with Spec B red leather.

IMO, if the 2007 Spec B was offered in the new dark gray color, but with the red leather, folding rear seats, the same stereo as 2006 + aux in (not the new uglified stereo), and minus the SI-drive, it would be just about perfect.

phoenix96

First and foremost: I will have an '05 GT MT GRP/Taupe FS in less then 18 months!!! SO HOLD ON! :lol:

He he he he... soooo... my color combo becomes the rarest of them all huh? :D Beanboy, fzanetti, phoenix96, Brady, and GRP Lovers: Aren't you glad you bought when you did? Sorry, don't mean to rub it in! :icon_tong

Opie: I really like the taupe! :) If people complain it won't stay clean, they should learn how to clean it! I bought some Wolfgang products and you can clean and condition in about 45 mins. It's great! I have 22k+ and my leather still looks brand new and I've only done one treatment! :icon_bigg

IWSS: Great letter, good luck editing, but I agree some of the negative should be reduced. Not completely removed, just toned back a little itty bit. Plus, that should make it 1500 words hopefully! :lol:

Some shots of what a gorgeous GRP can look like AND what a TRUE color offering should look like!!!!!! :D :D :D

gt1.JPG.bd9e241beaa343ce83d2680dbf7335d4.JPG

gt2.JPG.e754f275a83f95e8840260c4d406b496.JPG

gt3.JPG.adcf8c46bc9a32a4160dcf66d7dbb301.JPG

gt4.JPG.9dbc0299a80af8bc531147cb5f5b74bc.JPG

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

He he he he... soooo... my color combo becomes the rarest of them all huh? :D Beanboy, fzanetti, phoenix96, Brady, and GRP Lovers: Aren't you glad you bought when you did?

I'm glad that things just happened the way they did. I loved my Silver RS, and was dead set on silver again. I didn't even consider anything else, and I've never liked red subarus with the exception of the sedona red WRX.

So as it turned out, there were NO silver LGTs in the tri-state region when I bought, and they happened to have my Red LGT at one of the dealers I went to. After seeing the color, I still wanted silver, but in light of the lack of availability, and that I LIKED the red, I went with it! Now I don't regret it one bit. I love the color and feel like silver would be too plain for me anymore. :D

I have only seen one in person and that was the loaded one on the showroom floor that was out of my budget...these pics above have confirmed it is my favorite color.

I'll let one show up on a used lot I guess...maybe the red will be the mystery spec B color! yeah right...

You are crazy!!! This is the world of competition, look what the big ones, Audi, BMW, MBUSA and etc do? They are always bringing more features, more horsepower, better fuel economy, etc etc for what?? Competition!!! And I do think VDC should be available (at least as an optional) on all Subie cars!!!!!

What Audi did with its QUATTRO system, available on all their cars!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

...these pics above have confirmed it is my favorite color...may

be the red will be the mystery spec B color! yeah right...

Glad you like 'em! Why, thank you. :) Someday buddy, someday! You'll like the turbo even better then the color! :D As for a spec.B color, how sweet would that be? I'd actually prefer the WRX blue first, more people agree on that color and after seeing it on some of the JDM Legacies, I LOVE IT! :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

You are crazy!!! This is the world of competition, look what the big ones, Audi, BMW, MBUSA and etc do? They are always bringing more features, more horsepower, better fuel economy, etc etc for what?? Competition!!! And I do think VDC should be available (at least as an optional) on all Subie cars!!!!!

What Audi did with its QUATTRO system, available on all their cars!!!!

:confused:

Subaru isn't killing the VDC system, they're killing the special VDC model. Now the VDC will be available on the Outback XT, Outback L.L. Bean, Legacy GT Spec.B, and B9 Tribeca... A step toward "available on all their cars".

phoenix96

Love my Garnet Red Pearl Legacy...

The color that drives you

Red: You're assertive (or aggressive) and strong. (That be us!)

Yellow: It screams "Look at me!" -- which is why you don't see it on family sedans. It's for sporty SUVs and expensive sports cars, in which it also says, "I'm so rich I don't care what you think" (example, a $50,370 Corvette convertible).

Orange: You're on top of the trends. Orange (in many variations) is a key new color in 2003. GM has "sunset orange metallic" pickups; Mercedes-Benz offers a "paprika metallic" C-Class sports coupe.

Silver: You ooze class. The No. 1 car color (it passed white for the first time in 2001), silver represents speed, power and success -- which is why it's the favorite color of baby boomers (ages 38 to 56).

White: A longtime favorite and the color of rental cars. People under 65 in a white car like to blend in. For the elderly, white harks back to the elegance and wealth of the 1920s.

Black: Power/aggression sums it up. The top choice for ages 24 to 37 and one of the top colors targeted by thieves (along with red).

Blue (medium or dark): You're conservative, middle of the road. Blue always seems to be No. 5 or 6 on lists of the top 10 car colors.

Green (medium or dark): See blue, above, and add a touch of environmentalism.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

I'll offer an alternate take... Not that yours are wrong... they sound very sensible as explanations...

Red: Because people like color, and need at least something fun in their life. Especially true for people in higher latitudes, where everything turns grey for half a year. The sky... the ground... EVERYTHING. Red cars are an alternative to causing bleeding to actually remind ourselves what colors look like.

Yellow: they need even MORE fun in their life than the folks with red. And to tell everyone so.

Orange: People who want to say "I am SOOO much further ahead in fads than those red and yellow car-driving people."

Blue: People who are more secure in their personal identity, don't need the outward attention, but still feel like they need something to look at during those grey months.

Green: for the tweed jacket with elbow patches, and tobacco pipe crowd. Something rarer than black or silver, and exudes a superior aura of discriminating tastes. According to Robert Deniro, in "Meet the Parents," geniuses choose green cars... but Gaylord Focker just got one by luck of the draw from the rental desk...

Black: For when you absolutely, positively gotta prove you are the baddest mutha to every person in the room/vicinity. Usually a menace or danger complex involved. Deep desire to be a G-Man or Mafia Don... Or someone who really wants to start said complex. Otherwise, it is one of the more pain-in-the-neck colors. Looks good, but at what cost? Sometimes used to mask a deficient design, for the same reason black clothes are "slimming."

Silver. Used to be a sign of class. Gold paint is just too rediculous... but what is the next precious metal? Silver. Silver cars are not nearly as gaudy as gold. Caveat being that SOOO many people have picked up on silver being "the new white" that silver cars are becoming old news, and rather bland looking. Is is becoming "the safe choice."

White: Used to be a sign of luxury, when the alternative was... black. That has been so long ago that people who remember that are too old to remember what color their car is... and are likely using said car to mow down pedestrians... and thus the car is turning red.

Now it is for people who don't care, or are extremely cheap, or fleet sales (again, cheap). It stems from people painting their houses white, because it is safe, and white paint costs less than other colors. At least for houses, it does. They haven't figured out that cars are usually the same retail price, regardless of color. Most cheapskates who HAVE figured that out have branched out to the bolder colors of silver, mentioned above, or the otherwise safe beige/sand/desert colors. Most people with this mindset wouldn't dare go near such outrageous colors, as say, blue.

Lighter or lesser hued colors like slate blue grey, other grayscale colors, or pastels... have their reasons... which I can't quite fathom. Maybe to match their favorite purse, or something I wouldn't know about.

:) Hope you all enjoyed this little analysis.

:confused:

Subaru isn't killing the VDC system, they're killing the special VDC model. Now the VDC will be available on the Outback XT, Outback L.L. Bean, Legacy GT Spec.B, and B9 Tribeca... A step toward "available on all their cars".

There you go, now I understood the move!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Yah... Legacy is red-headed stepchild again...

If you want VDC on a Legacy, you either have to spend lots of cash for a GT with NAV and an Automatic added on, OR, EVEN MORE cash for a Legacy GT Spec B, also with NAV, and more stuff, which is inexplicably offered in only one bland color...

Nice move, morons. (SOA decision makers) Why not make it a little harder for customers to be satisfied with their purchase of an 07 Legacy? Could you?

"Look but don't touch. Touch... but don't taste. Taste, but don't enjoy it." Al Pacino as Satan, "The Devil's Advocate"

Opie: I really like the taupe! :) If people complain it won't stay clean, they should learn how to clean it! I bought some Wolfgang products and you can clean and condition in about 45 mins. It's great! I have 22k+ and my leather still looks brand new and I've only done one treatment!

then why include four pictures of the exterior of your vehicle only? suspicious....

then why include four pictures of the exterior of your vehicle only? suspicious....

:lol: Ohhh Johnny... I'm so glad you were able to point that out. I hadn't realized how suspicious I looked until you said that. :icon_tong I usually don't take pics of the interior, kinda "been there, seen that" for most folks. ;) But for you, I'd gladly do it! Even better, just ask rclark0032 or Tommyh, as they've seen it and complemented on it's cleaniness. :D

:lol: Ohhh Johnny... I'm so glad you were able to point that out. I hadn't realized how suspicious I looked until you said that. :icon_tong I usually don't take pics of the interior, kinda "been there, seen that" for most folks.
Funny... I see a fairly large smudge just above the bottom red line in this pic from your gap fix thread in your sig:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18285&d=1147302200

Or was that on your camera lens? :p

Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

Funny... I see a fairly large smudge just above the bottom red line in this pic from your gap fix thread in your sig:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18285&d=1147302200

Or was that on your camera lens? :p

to be fair, i have a smudge just like his in the exact same place......

...... course my interior is charcoal so it just doesn't show :p

Archived