LegacyGT.com

CEL and blinking CC: P1518

ilh

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend is the senior tech at my local Subaru dealership.

He checked the ignition system and found no problems. Code was reset and has not appeared to date.

My car is a 2006 LGT with 90k miles. We also have a 2005 OBXT with 90k miles. Yes, I drive too damn much. I've only done regular maintenance on both cars. The only exception was the warranty replacement of my 3rd gear synchro and the clutch and flywheel on the Legacy. My wife learning to drive a stick in this car.

Cheers!

In your situation it sounds like a gas cap wasn't tightened all the way...

That's what I'm thinking as well. I thought it would go away immediately if I retightened it but the CEL stayed on. It's been reset so I'll see how this goes from here.

• 1 month later...

Just got this CEL on my outback today. I did check the gas cap, it didnt seem loose or anything. After restarting the car a couple of times it was gone. Scanned it when I got home and it was the P1518.

Guess ill wait and see if it comes back.

Just got this issue today, maybe moisture because its raining? Then again when i turn acc on i can hear a loud noise like water flowing or something near my feet, also something in my motor is buzzing while acc is on

Just reset the ecu and no more ce light, but i still hear the flow by my feet(maybe this is normal and i never noticed it before) and still some buzzing in the motor, anyone else hear these sounds? Are they normal? Thanks for any input

• 2 months later...
I got the check engine light and blinking cruise yesterday (not the first time); took it in to the dealer today, and it turns out that the problem is the pumps that pump air into the turbo -- they went bad and have to be replaced. (An $800 job!!) My mileage was at 61,600 and the warranty for this expires at 60K --- However, the dealership is covering it anyway. Outstanding customer service, if you ask me!! If this happens, you should get it checked out. I was originally told it was just a loose gas cap-- turns out it's much more serious!

• 2 months later...
I got the check engine light and blinking cruise yesterday (not the first time); took it in to the dealer today, and it turns out that the problem is the pumps that pump air into the turbo -- they went bad and have to be replaced. (An $800 job!!) My mileage was at 61,600 and the warranty for this expires at 60K --- However, the dealership is covering it anyway. Outstanding customer service, if you ask me!! If this happens, you should get it checked out. I was originally told it was just a loose gas cap-- turns out it's much more serious!

mine just turned on yesterday. im at 43k of my 05mtlgt. i also have the gold warranty.

let me see what the dealer say.

• 5 months later...
WTF!!! I got the same issues with the cel an cc light blinking.comes on and goes away.tighten gas cap.went to autozone n got it checked.reset code by disconnecting batt. goes away n comes back on later.wtf!!!! and i gave subaru dealer in hartford, CT 565.00$ FREAKING dollars 2 give me a 95,000 mile tune up and they aint do jack but change my oil n fluids and wash my car.freakin kidding me!!! besides the basic visual inspection. i could did that shit myself. what could be the cause of :a/f differ.?

I had this problem keep happening, and turns out it was not the gas cap. After three trips to the dealer they finally figured out that the seals on the turbo were bad; They replaced this and all's finally well. Expensive job, but it was totally covered under warranty.(AND -- I was at 63000 miles at that point -- warranty expired at 60K, but they still covered it!)

• 1 year later...
Bump! This code came on last night while driving home from work, then this morning it turned off while driving to work. Just like most members here I was like :confused: . My question to the previous post is "how is this code related to the turbo seals"? :confused:
My wife's balls are delicious.

• 4 weeks later...
This just happened to me as well! I am not one of the fortunate few to own an LGT though. It's an '05 LTD wagon... so turbo air pump, turbo seals, etc are all ruled out. Considered going to a local mechanic to check out the codes, but not sure he'll know enough about subies to figure this puzzle out. Thoughts? Should i just go to the stealership?

P1518 - Starter Switch Circuit Low Input

I'm no expert but I'd clean the battery terminals in hopes of increasing the output to the starter circuit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...
hi whats up i know this is an old thread hope it gets read i have a 06 lgt with 130,000 miles on it car is strong except the same thing check engine is on solid and cruise lights flash except my car also loses all throttle response with no warning...could be going 5 or 90mph all of a sudden u lose all throttle response car still runs shifts and coasts. but i have to pull over and shut car off and restart ive tried resetting the ecu still comes back...anyone have any idea what it is? ive been told throttle relay but can find no info on it anywhere....any help is greatly appreciated.

^^ That sounds like something completly different, but I could be wrong and it might be related somehow.

Found this informative information over on UltimateSubaru.org

The ECM is monitoring the Starter +12v. If the car is starting and running correctly, this is a false error. But may indicates a poor or broken wire from the starter +12v solenoid to the ECM.

I would check the connections at the starter solenoid ( the smaller push on terminal of the solenoid )

You did say the starter was sounding odd. This could also be caused by a 'sticky' solenoid. If the engine starts, and the solenoid remains engaged for more than 10 seconds, this will also set a P1518.

This should give you a place to start ( no pun intended ). I suspect you will have to replace the started/solenoid.

More information found here:http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83894

My wife's balls are delicious.

I just got the P1518 - Starter Switch Circuit Low Input CEL while in cruise control on the freeway. Pulled the code and reset the ECU with the A/P. I was suspect of the gas cap not being seated as I just filled up yesterday, but it was snug.

I just got the P1518 - Starter Switch Circuit Low Input CEL while in cruise control on the freeway. Pulled the code and reset the ECU with the A/P. I was suspect of the gas cap not being seated as I just filled up yesterday, but it was snug.

And it's back after 3-4 miles of in town driving.

• 2 months later...
well add me to this list of p1518ers...my car popped this code and read starter bank circuit low.....just swapped turbo and injectors...reset code with ap....any body know what this is for sure?? 71k on the car and really haven't had any other issues lately..

Archived