LegacyGT.com

CEL and blinking CC: P1518

ilh

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this informative information over on UltimateSubaru.org

The ECM is monitoring the Starter +12v. If the car is starting and running correctly, this is a false error. But may indicates a poor or broken wire from the starter +12v solenoid to the ECM.

I would check the connections at the starter solenoid ( the smaller push on terminal of the solenoid )

You did say the starter was sounding odd. This could also be caused by a 'sticky' solenoid. If the engine starts, and the solenoid remains engaged for more than 10 seconds, this will also set a P1518.

This should give you a place to start ( no pun intended ). I suspect you will have to replace the started/solenoid.

More information found here:http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83894

^^ Already found the anwsers to this code. In most cases it's related to a sticky solenoid. If you have reset the code and the code continues to pop-up, then more than likely you may have a starter/solenoid issue.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• 4 months later...
I just had the same issue last night. i started my car and let it run for maybe 2-3 mins and the car stuttered and caught my attention and i looked at the dash and my check engine light came on... 4 secs later my cc started to blink. now that was after a couple mins of the car running. I havent gotten gas since friday so its not my cap. Car has been running a little weird and drink gas by the gallon with normal short distance driving (no idea why or time to pull everything apart) so im wondering as i read in previous/other threads is it my air/fuel sensor... or my tgv's. anyone have a pin point idea??

Did your car go into "limp" mode? This would be one cause of loss power and fuel consumption.

yes it went to limp mode an threw a code for running to lean. which still confused and dont know why or how!!! all hoses on and tight!!! head gasket??

• 1 year later...

Not to bump an old thread, but I just got this code and this is what google popped up. Car was running 100% fine, got home changed for dinner went to leave and CEL P1518 Starter switch circuit low input code popped up, car was also running really rough, sounded like misfires or a cylinder was not firing at all. Re set code, idle was low for a few seconds then everything was good again. DAM has returned to 1 and car seems to be running fine.

On a side note, about 300 miles ago I installed DW740 injectors, 18g turbo and grimmspeed downpipe. Got an E tune for it all.

Archived