LegacyGT.com

LA area tint?

Lagacy GT

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Henkle, that's Awesome!! The prices are way cheap. Thanks for doing all the footwork for us. :)

No problem, I was gonna do a tint anyways...:icon_bigg:lol: I think Peter is a very nice guy, and they do nice work! My mom's car was tinted there too; great job!:icon_wink

waiting for emails from 2 local shops to see if they will give us group price on 2 types of film including ceramic.

Cool, let's see what prices they can come up with...:)

wow you can tint front windshield? hmmmmm

Generally there's no need cuz it would darken things a bit driving at night. But I think they also act as an added protection if (God forbid) the windshield cracks. In that case, the small pieces of glass don't get into the driver (& passengers) as easily...:icon_cool

But I want to tint my windshield because I face the sun going to & from work!:( I don't mind the heat, but don't like the stinging sensation from the strong UV rays...

i think that most windshields are already blocking 99% of UV but a better search may be more enlightening.

as for the group buy, one of the shops offerred me a finder's fee for each car i bring them but i did the math and even if i apply it to each buyer's car rather than pocketing it like a weasel, it would be more than the $385/car I got the other shop to go for.

less than $400 for ceramic sounds good to me. please let me know by Monday 7/24 if you are seriously interested. Shop is Tint Plus in the OC, a few people on this board have rec'd them before.

Sweeet!! Thanks Henkle!!

Imma probably be there this Sun or next Sun!!!

Is Henkle your real name BTW? I was wondering so if and when I talk to Peter I can say, "Hey Henkle talked to you about our group discount for Legacy!"

Ryo

I'll be in for a group tint for my wife's GS

did you mean for mine or Henkle's? i know for his it doesn't matter since it sounds like Peter will honor the price for all, but everyone interested in the ceramic buy i got set up, please just put something in the text to let me know.

did you mean for mine or Henkle's? i know for his it doesn't matter since it sounds like Peter will honor the price for all, but everyone interested in the ceramic buy i got set up, please just put something in the text to let me know.

it's for Henkle

I believe the "Strip" of tint is part of the windshield, so although you can add tint in that section, it wont look as "OEM" I would say.

I've had to get 2 windshields changed within 2 weeks because of @sshole truckers who don't keep their POS up to par on maintence.

Luckily it was a rent a car.. but I had no insurance both different cars.

Anyways, the guys who repaired it reconfirms its part of the windshield.

For everyones reference, replacing a winshield goes for about $175~$600

depending on location and parts. (OEM or equivalent and avail.)

Sweeet!! Thanks Henkle!!

Is Henkle your real name BTW? I was wondering so if and when I talk to Peter I can say, "Hey Henkle talked to you about our group discount for Legacy!"

Ryo

Oooo,.....is Peter open on Sundays??? That would be awesome cause I can't get out there during the week :(

:munch:

Sweeet!! Thanks Henkle!!

Ryo

Oh, my real name is Howard. But Peter probably remembers better if you mention Legacy group tint, depend on how well he remembers people's names:lol:. And I don't think that they open on Sun. Peter recommends Mon~Fri, and office hours are 9:00am~6:00pm. I'll probably ditch work sometime next week for the tint.

BTW, these are the films that Peter's using:

Johnson Window Films - Greystone Brand Window Film

^^^ that's Greystone, the $110 one. Click on the left colomn for other films. I think the semi-metal is referring to "Silhouette". (I'm probably going for this)

i think that most windshields are already blocking 99% of UV...

Silverfool, thanks for the info.:) If our windshilds are blocking 99% of UV ray, then I need it at 130% for my old skin...:lol:

Hanger, love your new avatar!:lol:

so when will this happen?

The "group buy" is already starting; just go to California Tint and tell Peter that you're one of the Legacy group tint member (or mention my name, Howard). Call him a day before to schedule your tint (I'd go 9:00am to avoid the long wait).

BTW, can people post here so we all know who went & get it done?:) I'm probably going there next Wed. morning. Still trying to decide if I should tint my windshield or not? Suggestions?:icon_conf

Hello All,

I am new member, just joined last week. I just got my 06 GT-Wagon, regal blue, yesterday at South Coast. It was great deal. I would like to have teh windows it tinted as well.

I am in Chino Hills. Looks forward to meeting you all.

Archived