LegacyGT.com

Pulled over lately?

scans007

Ok so I go to pick up my car at subaru.........The tech comes out, and starts on me. I got pulled over in your car yesterday.....of course I laugh, serves you f'res right for blow'n my clutch and such. Just proves they beat on her. He told me the cop was SUCH an ass to him, harassing him about everything......so after ripping on him for about 20 mins for getting pulled over......I leave

I'm go'n the speed limit behind a row of 10+ cars......there's a statey at an intersection, we all go by he pulls out behind me.....follows me for a good 2 miles then pulls me over........I was like WTF I didn't do anything (Hat's on backwards, Tank top, tattoo's show, windows down) he comes up to the car - Stern - License and reg please.......WTF I can't find my registration....the Subie guy TOOK IT OUTTA THE CAR......the cop had a hard time with that (Although I can only assume it was the same guy that pulled the car over yesterday, and he just wanted to see the real "owner")....I told him we could drive back there if he wanted! after giving me sh!t about everything EVEN my tint (Which is legal 35% - I told him to measure it, he didn't) Do you know why I pulled you over.......not the foggest sir, you have no front plate :lol: R U kidding go back to your car mr. statey.......he made me sit there for approx 15 minutes.....came back handed my my license and said, go get that registration (no mention about the front plate....) No written warning, nothing.....(FYI, I wasn't rude at all, and was totally respectful - Keeping hands visable at all time, Turned off the engine, no back talk, answered everything quick and consise ;))

So of course the tech gave me a boatload of sh!t......it was actually quite comical.

Moral of the story......I have none, but that's the first time in 5 years I've been pulled over for not having a front plate! Its not a moving violation, and is only 35 bucks.......I'd pay that once a year not to have my front plate on :D

strange... i got pulled over twice in my Murano... but in the subaru.. never even get a second look.

although i have noticed that the statey's along RT2 are a bit higher strung then most.. my wife got pulled over at the normal laser spot just after exit 22 RT2 WB and the guy was kind of a dick... granted she was doing 72 in a 55 (from his lidar reading) but still.... people where passing her when she was tagged... so it not like he can say she was any worse the the others on the road... oh well... i'll stop my little rant

:lol: that's a good one.

My best was when I was pulled over one night by a NJ state trooper a few weeks after getting my LGT. I was thinking WTF, I wasn't speeding or driving like an ass. My head is swirling as I pull over, realizing how expensive this stop could be. I'm looking out the driver's-side side view mirror, registration and insurance in hand, waiting for the cop when from the passenger's-side window comes "License, registration, and proof of insurance, sir"

I swear, there is a dent in the roof of my LGT because of how far I jumped out of my seat.

I yelled in surprise because I was so nervous about the cost of the supposed infraction that I didn't even see the cop walk up to the passenger's-side window and put his head in. As it turns out, I forgot to turn on my headlights (damn DRLs) because I was on a long drive through the dusk hours. I was pulled over because I didn't have my taillights on.

Worst 10 minutes of last summer :lol:

EDIT: I should add that my DRLs were disabled the next weekend, compliments of DeerKiller.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Ouch, I did that once with my DRL's too man.......the day after I disabled them and vow never to have them again. :D

Oooh right next to leo-town nice....when are you moving up...we'll have to meet up!

50% tint.......no one would ever stop you for that...go for it!

I got pulled over twice while I had the subie, both within 2 weeks of each other....78 in a 50 on West Side Highway and 80 in a 55 on route 304 in nanuet. The nanuet one is bogus, wasn't even speeding..he said he paced me, wasn't even a regular cop, was in an unmarket impala and didnt even have a ticket book. had to call for "back up" lol.

I have another cop story, but thats for the pm's only!

My wife got a ticket for rolling through a right-on-red instead of coming to a full stop. In the first recorded instance of such in the history of Boston, the cop chased her down on foot!

Unfortunately for him, my wife decided to fight it and the court officer turned out to be our neighbor. So she's in a room with about 30 people plus police. It turns 9am; they call her name first; she and the cop both stand up; and the Clerk says, "Dismissed." The cop looked at him like WTF? but hey, SoBo is SoBo.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I got pulled over the other night for not having tailights, dam drls:lol: After flying by him 40 in a 30 I get yanked over the first thing Im thinking is speeding ticket. I stop the car and roll the windows down, I hear driver shut the car off and step out. Now I was like wtf. It turned out he doesnt like walking up to tinted cars (understandable) My windows are 5% on the rear doors and rear window and 40% on the front (illegal here).

The cop was cool as hell. He told me to slow down, turn my lights so he could check and have a good night. No tickets or mention of tint being to dark:icon_bigg

check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

I was pulled over by a trooper and someone from my own department, but my stories are different from yours, mainly b/c I already know the outcome of the carstop before the officer even gets out of his vehicle.

i get pulled over for tint at least once a month......

9 out of 10 times its been the same cop!!

im like- dude dont u recognize my car by now???? of course he hasnt written me up(yet) because it my local precint and i have some friends there.....

that's why I havent done tinting. I live in NYC and do alot of tri-state driving..the wife said she'd kill me if we continuously get pulled over for window tints.

I was even going to do 50% as I dont need it so dark, but I dont think that would make a difference to the coppers.

It won't matter. I was ticketed by a NJ Trooper for 50% tint. This particular trooper didn't believe in giving anyone a warning so he said he had no choice but to ticket me. :(

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

• 7 months later...

Who brought the punk........this is an easy one.....

I was driving 41 in a 30 (estimated) in the rain 50 yards from a stop light, the cop was coming the other direction, flipped a U turn.....pulled me over.....also gave me a ticket for no front plate......

If I was go'n that fast, I would've made the light and there was no way he would've caught me as my desitnation was 100 yards up on the right....

And the plates are BRAND new......"Scans" and I just haven't had a chance to put the front on yet as it needs a special braket for the truck.....what a punk.... we're go'n to court......:D

Oh and my neighbor statie is outta town....so no favors =(

What's that,

That i didn't wanna leave the house at all, but the girl wanted to go to TJMaxx to get some blazers or whatever you call those things.....she bribed me by telling me we could stop and buy some DVD's......LOL

That was an expensive 2 hours

41 in a 30 = $110

No front plate = $35

2 Blazers = $95

4 DVDs = $42.50

Stop at wendy's = $13.50

6 Years on your MA record = Priceless

Driving without a front plate in Mass is like saying please stop me. One of these days I am going to pop rivet the plate to the front spoiler lip. Just cause it's an inch off the ground, doesn't mean its not on there ,Mr Cop, Sir:lol: :lol:
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

the part about how your $350 radar detector didnt save your ass this time

If you have a radar detector, and get stopped, you WILL get a ticket!!!:icon_mrgr

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

LOL, yup.......toasted......should've turned it on reguardless.....

Yeah I was think'n about putting the front plate on upside down.....LOL....and not so true, I've NEVER had a plate on ANY of my cars, this is the first time I've been fined for it........35 bucks for 10 years of no front plate......that's a fair price. And its not a "moving violation" so it doesn't affect insurance.....:D

For the radar detector, it wasn't even on.....I was only go'n like 4 miles....it was raining, I was in traffic...I was coming to a red light, someone cut me off so I slammed on my breaks HARD...and THAT's what alearted the cops to notice, .....if a huge truck bucks like that it would get anyone's attention....

and he couldn't even see the detector as tara took it off before he got to the car.......and plus his eyes barely made it over my door I had to lean out and look down to talk to him........

He wasn't a bad guy at all, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time....10 seconds later and I would've avoided it all.........called my insurance just to see...wouldn't go on my insurance till 08, so it would go up next year....he said you know what, just got to court and tell you story. So off I go, updates to come.

Got pulled over this morning on the way to work

Was leaving a gas station and forgot to put my headlights on

Here's the convesation

Cop-do you know there is a law in ct that states you must have your headlights

on during dusk and incleament weather?

Me-Ya I'm sorry, no excuse

Cop-do you know your tint is illegal? Who put that on your car?

Me-Yes I do know its illegal and I put it on my car myself, I own Great Scot!Car Stereo and we tint cars

Cop-Get the hell out of here and get that tint off your car!

I did'nt have to bring it up but I remeber that guy and I almost sure we tinted the front 2 windows of his SUV about a monyh ago...illegaly!

I thought I was going to get pulled over this morning on my way to work.(320am) I flew by a parked cop, who wasnt radaring, going 49 in a 35. He didnt move, so I continued driving at the same speed. I got a 1 mile from him and he pull out of the parking lot coming my way. He was flying up behind me in the left lane (I was in the right lane, 4 lane rd) so I slowly decreased my speed to about 38. He finally caught up to me and got right on my ass. I was sure he was going to pull me over. He stayed on my ass for about a 1/2 mile and then he got back in the left lane and flew past me staring at me the whole way.:cool:

I definitely didnt want to get another ticket because I got one last May.

Got pulled over this morning on the way to work

Was leaving a gas station and forgot to put my headlights on

Here's the convesation

Cop-do you know there is a law in ct that states you must have your headlights

on during dusk and incleament weather?

Me-Ya I'm sorry, no excuse

Cop-do you know your tint is illegal? Who put that on your car?

Me-Yes I do know its illegal and I put it on my car myself, I own Great Scot!Car Stereo and we tint cars

Cop-Get the hell out of here and get that tint off your car!

I did'nt have to bring it up but I remeber that guy and I almost sure we tinted the front 2 windows of his SUV about a monyh ago...illegaly!

In Norwich? Some of those officers need an attitude adjustment.

Archived