LegacyGT.com

ACURA TSX vs. LEGACY GT in Road and Track (pix on pg.2)

For the record the TSX is only 77 pounds more than the Legacy wagon at 3,257. The TSX also has the advantage of having less than 100k miles, which I'm assuming Raven's car doesn't.

The legacy has 165 hp and the TSX has 205 from the factory. His legacy has no mods and is probably 7-10 years older than the TSX.

You still think its faster?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea... 205 hp but how much tq?? from a dig the tsx stands no chance imo... the 09 tsx has 201 hp.... from a roll the tsx would probably win... how do you know his specific car isnt turbo'd?? i kno alot of older leggys that are turbo'd... they may not come stock but its been done PLENTY of times before...

I'm not really trying to start a debate on which car is faster. Just saying that the OP is stupid for street racing. If he read the new guys thread he would have seen the statement about kill stories.

He didn't say he didn't have a turbo directly but you can pretty much assume he doesn't. Who forgets to add that they have a turbo on an otherwise non turbo car.

In another thread.....

I have a 1998 Legacy gt wagon and I need anyone to give me a direct link to any place where I can find upgrades for my car.

I have already done the tint, wheels, tires, I need more like body kits, wings, Suspension Kits, computer chips etc...

And to TPLGT I should have noted that they have Turbo legacy's in all generations in other countries. The US versions were left without turbo's for a few years unfortunately.

The 09 TSX has 170 lb ft of torque and the 98 Legacy has 162 lb ft of torque.

The 08 TSX has 205hp and 164 lb ft of torque.

So even if his 98 legacy was brand new and had no miles the TSX still has better figures.

And I've driven a 97 legacy with the same motor. In fact I drive it every day in the winter. It's far from fast and/or feeling fast.

The dude was trying to impress his girlfriend and he was the one that started it, so I dusted him and who said I did not have any mods? lol

I have a K&N high flow air filter and on top of that my stock lgt has 167 bhp get it right!

It is what it is bhp does not matter it's about gearing and shifting and I am a pro driver I have driven more miles in one year then you drive in one life time, and any racer knows that it is everything to do with shifting.

That's nothing I raced a cop home last week 110 @ 4500 rpm I red line @ 6500 how much faster do you think I could have went?

I'll be nice on this response the next time you wont be so lucky you old goat!!!!

Raven, enough about street racing. This is you're only warning...

Grow up while you are not posting about street racing also.

:spin:

The dude was trying to impress his girlfriend and he was the one that started it, so I dusted him and who said I did not have any mods? lol

I have a K&N high flow air filter and on top of that my stock lgt has 167 bhp get it right!

It is what it is bhp does not matter it's about gearing and shifting and I am a pro driver I have driven more miles in one year then you drive in one life time, and any racer knows that it is everything to do with shifting.

That's nothing I raced a cop home last week 110 @ 4500 rpm I red line @ 6500 how much faster do you think I could have went?

I'll be nice on this response the next time you wont be so lucky you old goat!!!!

I hate to tell you but a K&N panel filter isn't a mod. If that were the case my Pennzoil Platinum Oil and a Bosch oil filter would be a mod too. Therefor your car is stock.

Pro drivers don't street race. Nor do they race cops.

And I'm not even that old. I just have a lot of maturity unlike some people on these forums.

Really?

Your K&N doesn't add any notable power, just fancy suction noises and buttdyno coolness. You have AWD. Subtract 20 - 30% of your crank power measurement. That is your wheel HP. The TSX is FWD, and thus only loses 10 - 15% of it's crank power to drivetrain loss.

You're a pro-driver eh? I didn't know racing to high school in the morning made you a pro. Shifting can not make up a 50WHP difference, any racer knows that. :rolleyes:

Also, assuming your car is a 5sp (which I'm starting to doubt,) you won't be doing 110 @ 4500RPM.

I'm going easy in this response, you won't be so lucky next time you young dolt!

i had a 1997 Legacy GT before MY09

they fast and fun and all but racing on the street with a TSX? c'mon bro im 19 and i dont even race that often ......

and the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gens all came with the optional turbo'd engine Cman7

and the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gens all came with the optional turbo'd engine Cman7

Not quite.

1st gen had the EJ18, EJ22, and the EJ22T (turbo) in the SS and some turbo wagons.

2nd gen had the EJ22 and EJ25.

3rd gen had the EJ22 and EJ25, until SoA killed the 22 in '02.

4th gen had the EJ25 and EJ255 (turboz)

Archived