LegacyGT.com

Electric Exhaust Cutouts?

SpawnGT

actually i gained 8 awhp and lost 2awtq... ;)

that +1awtq and 1awhp was at this POS shop...

last one i got dynoed at was PDX.. cut out gain was pretty good!!

^ Damn, bro - I'm starting to lose "count" on your posts. :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Liquidq....how much wire did you ask for from DMH? and where exactly did you mount yourwires? run it into the car? can u take more pics of where u put the knob?

This pic uses a flash to show it off, but it's hardly even noticable, people have a hard time finding it. The steering column is snapped back into place, hahaha.

I can't remember what length of wire I got. 8 feet maybe? I ran it from the steering column to the wheel well, then under the car to the cutout.

cutoutswitch.jpg.ae6bf4e47ca326b05f5451cabde93b8d.jpg

Very nice. if i were to do it, id wire it up so it would open automatically at 4k rpm

thats an awesome idea...i want it for the sound, and maybe alil go. But im just worried about my parents killing me if they heard a ricer exhauszt on my car...so ill be able to have it quite when i need it.

well, you could always have a hard switch to shut it off, and when you turn it on, it only opens above a certian RPM. you would use an RPM signal switch like what is used in nitrous systems, but instead of turing on the bottle sloenoid, it sends power to the exhaust cutout. Maybe ill do this.

well, you could always have a hard switch to shut it off, and when you turn it on, it only opens above a certian RPM. you would use an RPM signal switch like what is used in nitrous systems, but instead of turing on the bottle sloenoid, it sends power to the exhaust cutout. Maybe ill do this.

He's right some one with the knowledge and ability could do it easily

you might be right. it moves kinda slow in the video. have it open at a lower rpm maybe?

None of them open quickly enough, they all use high torque motors to make sure they last longer then a week so it takes several seconds for them to open. The best you can do is open it it before you want the extra power.

The OEM's use vacuum valves to do this quickly (like the wastegate actuator). Should be very cheap with one of those vs an electric motor. Not to mention more reliable. Actually you could hook it up to manifold pressure so the cut-out opens at a certain positive pressure.

i think this system is going to be plenty loud with my catless shorty DP, going into the midpipe, and the cutout hopfully will be welded in before the midpipe cat. Meaning a loud ass growl

Archived