LegacyGT.com

Electric Exhaust Cutouts?

SpawnGT

Think brother team23jordan's got a cut-out on his ride.....

If I remember correctly, his tuner found very, very little (like around 1 wHP/wTQ) with the cutout open as opposed to closed - but this should be framed in the context of his custom exhaust system. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have the DMH, works fine. Broke once on a hard launch.

The DMH has a 4 year warranty, the QTP does not have a warranty.

I put it in place of the resonator on the stock catback, so it's quiet stock like when closed, then loud as hell when open. I dunno how much power increase I am getting. Team23jordan has a 3" Y-Pipe if I remember right, so his power gains from opening the dump will be less than mine I believe.

^ Again, this is as-compared on team23jordan's very, very - er....big :) - custom-piped exhaust. :)

With the much more restrictive stock pipes, increases may be significant.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Again, this is as-compared on team23jordan's very, very - er....big :) - custom-piped exhaust. :)

With the much more restrictive stock pipes, increases may be significant.

i agree -- when compared to the stock exhuast, i'm sure gains will be much more pronounced.

actually i gained 8 awhp and lost 2awtq... ;)

that +1awtq and 1awhp was at this POS shop...

last one i got dynoed at was PDX.. cut out gain was pretty good!!

my gain was minimal because i'm catless and 3" all the way

if you have cats...thats different story ;)

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Guest *Jedimaster*
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Media/WRXVideo.wmv

Jedi, where do you plan to install it? Are you going to have someone weld it in for you? I'm seriously considering this now. My car sounds sick/old they way it is now.

I'm gonna have it welded in. The shop I'd like to use is against doing it beofre the 3rd cat, so I'll either shop around or I'll put it where the resonator used to be. I really need to get under the car once we get some better weather and try to find a location that won't be as near to the road as others. I don't want dirt, etc. jamming the butterfly open (or closed).

dmh is a quality product. fwiw, the shop that installed mine thought it was higher quality than the qtp (which they have also installed).

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/sand_wood/P1220005.jpg

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

I'm gonna have it welded in. The shop I'd like to use is against doing it beofre the 3rd cat, so I'll either shop around or I'll put it where the resonator used to be. I really need to get under the car once we get some better weather and try to find a location that won't be as near to the road as others. I don't want dirt, etc. jamming the butterfly open (or closed).

I'm pretty sure it's going to need some extension (I think this should come pre-fabbed with the kit) to keep it clean.

http://www.dmhperformance.com/pic%20(3).jpg

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm pretty sure it's going to need some extension (I think this should come pre-fabbed with the kit) to keep it clean.

http://www.dmhperformance.com/pic%20(3).jpg

Whoa, what happened to that pic?

I got the QTP over the DMH because I'd never heard of the DMH before coming to this board and the QTP was available with all the goodies attached and ready to be welded on.

which diameter are you guys using? i have no idea what the diameter of our midpipe is

2.5 inches.

I got the 2.5" version because I was using it on my stock catback. It replaced the resonator.

I'll take some pics tonight, if they come out knowing my flash. It just saturates everything, hahaha. Maybe a little video if you ask nicely ;)

I got the 2.5" version because I was using it on my stock catback. It replaced the resonator.

I'll take some pics tonight, if they come out knowing my flash. It just saturates everything, hahaha. Maybe a little video if you ask nicely ;)

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE lol

You know how your car sounded after the last time the valve was closed? Yeah, my car sounds like that now.. I swear it's a leak somewhere. Ugh, I want to get a cutout just so I don't have to listen to that if I don't want to..

E-Cutouts might actually induce a slight leak, but it doesn't bother me since it sounds stock inside the cabin.

Archived