LegacyGT.com

G35 Coupe vs. LGT

Heres is the situation. My moms company is offering a company car. We already own a 2005 Legacy GT 5MT Sedan. Now, we were thinking that maybe a different type of car would be refreshing, but after test driving many different makes and models, we found that the only other car that caught our attention was the G35 coupe. Now personally, I would like to keep our garage an all subie one, and I prefer the Legacys performance, and practicality, but my mom (who the car is for in the first place) seems to be torn between the two. She thinks there are pro's and cons for both. What do you guys think? What would you choose? Why?

To me, the G35 feels a bit disconnected from the road, it doesnt really feel as powerful as it should (we drove a 06 6MT). One thing I will say is it does have a great exhaust note and having a 6 speed is always great :) .

Also, note that we are in Canada so AWD definatly is a great thing to have. Any input would be great guys :) .

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know guys, the Leggy is awesome, thats why we have one. I dont really want my mom to choose the G, I wanted some feedback from you guys to show her :lol: . Even though I dont drive her car much, I would rather it be a Subaru then a Nissan. Here is our current line-up (they look so good together):

http://canuckrs.netengine.ca/RSTi/Pics/1.jpg

I always brag because mine is faster :icon_twis , but the Leggy looks so damn good.

That car is due for a remodel...its about 4 years old and the magazines that are still throwing it in the comparo are slamming it for being out of date compared to the competition...

Personally a fan or its looks...can't comment on the performance but its in quite a different class w/the 2 door, no AWD, etc.

For us enthusiasts I think the LGT is perfect but I would think for my mom (and yours) the g35 is cushier and more suited for her needs and is still a kickass car for any mom.
...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

I love the looks of the G35 coupe, but the platform is getting a bit dated. Also, if fitting 4 people in the car is a priority, the backseat passengers need to come with detachable heads and legs :lol:. Before I bought my LGT, I seriously considered the G35 coupe till I sat in one and saw the lack of space in the backseat... that and the fact that I paid about $10K less for my LGT compared to an G35 coupe.

Agreed the 07 is a huge step forward.....

Really like the look....Have they came out with final #'s for the 3.5 yet though?

The last I heard was 305hp/278tq

But it has been said Infiniti wanted to trump the performance figures for the IS350.

May have to really give a hard look @ a 08 Infiniti G35x with a 6mt:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

My friend picked up a G35 coupe just before I picked up my Legacy. He took me for a few rides around in it, and I can't say I was overly impressed with the performance. The car looks beautiful though, no doubt about it. The looks of the interior of the G35 didn't seem to match the exterior. I was disappointed about that. It's got a nice Bose sound system though. But for bang for the buck, the Legacy GT wins hands down. My friend doesn't drive his in the winter at all. It does have traction control though. The tires on it are for summer, so you'd need to pick up new ones for winter, I'm sure. If you want a great looking car, go for the G35. If you want something useful and doesn't look half bad, go with the Legacy.

Wait a few more months for the BMW 335i Coupe. The car will be offered with a manual, and should be offered with AWD (X-Drive) towards the fall.

Gotta put my plug in for BMW, as always.

I was going to suggest that, but the price diffference between a 335i coupe and a G35 is substantial. maybe 15-20K more, no?

Depends on what a G35 coupe goes for these days, the BMW should come in with AWD for a base of like 46K, so it will not be insubstantail. I think a well equiped G35 coupe most likely goes for around 35-37K, still a big difference but for driving quality I will take the BMW.

The new BMW does look good, same wit the '07 G35's. But we have to order and pick-up the company car very soon (we need to sell our 2005 LGT first). We do need a usable and comfortable back seat (she is a C.O.O and has to drive around with some pretty important people. She said if we do get the Legacy, shes getting a STi gauge pack, STS, strut tower brace, and we are ordering an exhaust (most likely a Borla). She hates not being able to hear the car. She moved from a 2002 WRX with a performace exhaust, and she loves the Boxer rumble.

As I said before the G35 definatly looks great, but I was a little disapointed with the perfomance, didnt feel much more powerful then the Legacy. And the one thing I hate is, around my area, I see at least 7 G35 coupes a day. And I only see 1 other Subaru (02 WRB WRX).

Errr.... I own an 05 G35C 6MT sport and love the LGT but if we're comparing stock vs. stock....

In stock form the LGT has a just a little more squirt out of corners in normal driving in the right gear.

The LGT doesn't offer as much feedback and has too much body roll in stock form. Also, I prefer the gearbox in the G35C.

LGT has more useable space but the back seats aren't that comfortable for rear passengers because they can't fit their feet under the seats.

LGT has a larger trunk.

The G35C has a nicer interior then the LGT.

The G35C is harder to drive at the limit then the LGT for normal drivers that are used FWD. However, in stock form the G35C limits in handling and braking are far above the LGT.

G35C will turn more heads and will get you compliments.

I've got a 2000 LGT and never had strangers come up to me and compliment my car. Since I've had my G35C it is almost a monthly occurence.

I was in the market for an 05 LGT limited and found Subaru dealerships that did not want to deal off MSRP in Canada while Inifiniti dealerships were willing to give you a break.

The stock exhaust is very nice sounding on the G and let's you hear those blips of the throttle when you downshift. The LGT exhaust muffles everything.

The G35C has a nicer pedal arrangemnt for heel and toeing and better driving position for aggressive driving.

The G35C seats and steering wheel are more adjustable then the LGT.

The MRSP in Canada on a LGT limited is 40k while the G35C 6MT sport is 50k.

might as well get a mitsu eclipse for 20k lol

I agree, the LGT is an awesome car to mod, but if I couldn't mod my LGT I would have gone for something different like a G35.

The new BMW does look good, same wit the '07 G35's. But we have to order and pick-up the company car very soon (we need to sell our 2005 LGT first). We do need a usable and comfortable back seat (she is a C.O.O and has to drive around with some pretty important people. She said if we do get the Legacy, shes getting a STi gauge pack, STS, strut tower brace, and we are ordering an exhaust (most likely a Borla). She hates not being able to hear the car. She moved from a 2002 WRX with a performace exhaust, and she loves the Boxer rumble.

As I said before the G35 definatly looks great, but I was a little disapointed with the perfomance, didnt feel much more powerful then the Legacy. And the one thing I hate is, around my area, I see at least 7 G35 coupes a day. And I only see 1 other Subaru (02 WRB WRX).

Doesn't anyone else seem to think this is a load of crap besides me. This guy is saying his mom is a COO and has to drive around important people, but she is going to mod the car so it rumbles.....To me it just doesn't fit the bill...im calling bullsh*t.

HAHA. Why would I BS about this? I own my own Subaru, she has owned 2. Both have been turbo and the first one had that nice boxer rumble. Im not saying loud, the exhaust just had a slight amount of bass to it. It was a dealership installed axleback. When my mom was in her youth she raced for a few seasons, owned her own car rental business, and is a car enthusiast at heart. Why would I BS? Its not a frigin "Kill story" or somthing along those lines. I was asking for input from you guys..... Your saying that because she is a successful c.o.o she cant enjoy the kind of cars she likes?

g35 = getto

You're retarded. Love to know how this almost 40K is "getto." My friend has one. Its a very nice car. Handles well, pretty fast (I did beat him in my stock LGT though), and the transmission is awesome, something our LGTs absolutely lack. The back seat is actually usuable. The interior is very nice and the options it comes with rivals cars much more expensive than it. If you're mother is looking a sweet 2 door under 40K then really there is no other car that will beat its all around abilities. Keep in mind this car is a complete no go in the snow. The new ones with the 19s especially. Its decent in the rain though.

Archived