LegacyGT.com

I want a Cobalt SS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on Panama....a COBALT?

:lol::lol::lol:

Dont laugh at me. :( I like them. I want t small car that isn't a little bit*h. Colbalt is small, i like the styling, and like I said can be tuned to kick a WRX ass on the track. Just ask one of the Lock brothers. :icon_surp

Cool cars. I want one. Too bad they have a solid rear axle, but on the other hand tuners have been able to make them handle very well with little modification.

Agreed.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

It's a Cavalier....:lol:

I would take a look @ the new all new SRT4 though....300HP / 280Ftlb 3300lbs.

I am going to go drive one as soon as they come out....just to look for a toy;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

there is no new SRT-4. well at least neon that is. there is the srt-4 calibur. Its 300 hp but its one of those half car half suv things and it is just as fast as a stock neon srt-4. But way heavier so not as much modding potential.

I'm driving a Cobalt LS right now while my car is in the shop. It's not that bad. It has decent power for what it is, and I'm getting 30mpg beating the crap out of it.

On a side note, last year I raced a black Cobalt SS on the parkway and boy was I suprised. He must have been modded, because I was running my STi swap. From about 70ish I would be in 4th and wail it. He would immediately pull about 1/2 car every time, but then I would reel him in till about 90 and then start pulling. I was suprised though. For the money, it's not that bad.

Guest *Jedimaster*
:lol: I do like the sound of the s/c though. But like someone said, 200hp? That's all they can get with a s/c?

I don't particularly enjoy this little runabout's looks, but it's hard to deny that it's got some potential - and is definitely, so far (until that shoebox from Dodge steps up), one of the best little affordable pocket-rockets around. Now from the standpoint of a guy who grew up with DSMs, it's hard not to love. :D

Isn't the Cobalt SS, with factory backing, doing pretty well in the road-racing circles? And I though that with the same support, it's also won several "tuner shootouts," correct?

^ Genuine questions. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

OK....

As far as Performance goes I know quite a bit about these....they are very popular @ the local meets.

Chevrolet offers Stage kits....that are covered under the 3/36k mfr warranty

Stock 205hp

Stage I 230hp

Stage II 245hp

They do not have what you will call a stage III, but one guy I know has several mods on top of the stage II kit such as...

Honed manifold

Cat-Back

Billet Crankshaft

The dealer installed ALL of the parts & told him they would bump the hp by another 25 bringing him up to 270. He had the car dynoed on a Mustang in Orlando, it was putting down 248 @ the front wheels.

I do not remember what he said his Tq figures were:rolleyes:

Now listen to this....

Grand total for all his mods..................**including Labor**

about 3,500

That is on top of a 24K purchase price....so he now has a very quick Cavalier that is almost 30K:eek:

I will say this.....we ran once.

It was a very close race if it were not for my launch he might have won....I had him by about a car when we shut down.

**Get a Mustang GT MT 24,500**

Headers/Throttle Body/catback/STS/Cold air intake/tune........1,900

There....now you have a car costing about the same that will put down about 325hp & 350Tq.

It will get about the same gas mileage also;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Isn't the Cobalt SS, with factory backing, doing pretty well in the road-racing circles? And I though that with the same support, it's also won several "tuner shootouts," correct?

Yup.

http://www.grandamerican.com/Events/SessionResults.asp?SessionID=669

http://superstreetonline.com/eventcoverage/130_0511_timeattack/

But according to that video on streetfire its not the best street racing car so it must suck :icon_roll

And the car may only be 200 hp stock, but the Ecotec has tons of potential.

Yup.

http://www.grandamerican.com/Events/SessionResults.asp?SessionID=669

http://superstreetonline.com/eventcoverage/130_0511_timeattack/

But according to that video on streetfire its not the best street racing car so it must suck :icon_roll

And the car may only be 200 hp stock, but the Ecotec has tons of potential.

The cobalt SS is underrated, many dynos have shown power to be in the area of 220 fwhp, 190 trq. Some guys are pulling low-low 14s stock as long as they have the LSD.

That cobalt in the vid must have some nawzz or something, if not it sure is a runner

Still, awd ftw

Archived