LegacyGT.com

any parts you guys want?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll have to find a retailer in Europe. I have the part numbers for the right and left assemblies. You will also need the flasher, which I do not have the number for, but hope to find. I'll post em later as I do not have them at the moment.

-BB98

You are going to want to find "Continental European" headlights (LHD).

Left assmebly PN: 84001AE231

Right assembly PN: 84001AE221

remember you will also need the flasher as it has one less bulb on each side. Since there is less draw, the OE flasher will think a bulb is blown and not operate properly.

If anyone locates a place to order these from. Please post up here as we might be able to get some sort of group buy going to cut down on the $600+ cost to each of us wanting these.

Also, we can get the NASIOC Legacy owners involved (for those of you that aren't already) and the SL-i.net forum.

-BB98

[edit]

According to Daniel Stern, these lights have the auto levelers that can be connected to the US STi switch to operate the motors. Plus he says he has all the bulbs for 'em...

[/edit]

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes!

There has got to be a cheaper way to get those lights.

Someone in the UK is selling leather shifter boots for our BE's 00-04's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8050653564&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'd rather order one from the US or Canada. Redline goods has them on this site for 95-99 & 05+ Legacy's but no 00-04's. On Nasioc Redline claimed they could make a boot for our BE's if one of us sent them their stock vinyl boot. That person would get a leather boot for free!

Who's going to be the guinea pig?

• 1 month later...
Its listed at 25mm or 0.98 unches, which is precisely the amount of drop I'd like. We need these.

Exactly. BE Legs seem to have just the right amount of wheel gap for my taste. Also, suspension travel >>> aesthetics with me any day and I'd like to preserve as much of that as possible:icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...

I went to japanparts.com and went right through to checkout, and those springs seem like a great deal. Its was $288CAD shipped to my door for the front and rear STI springs.

Has anyone ever dealt with them before? There is a risk I guess ordering from an online store overseas, but that price is great for the springs I want. They also have a ton of lower body and tower braces at good prices. Then you can get an exhaust for $2000. The exchange seems skewed on some stuff.

Thoughts? I'm about to just do it.

Japanparts.com

EDIT * Received an email back from Koji less than 6 hours after I submitted my request. Seems very knowledgable and led me to some reviews on NAISOC, all positive. I'm going to order the springs, so I'll let you know the order date, ship time and when they arrive*

Well I ordered my springs today from Japanparts. These are STI front and rear pinks for 2000-2004 sedans. The total with surcharge and insured shipment via DHL to my door is $284 CAD which I think is awesome. I'll have to pay taxes when they arrive, but its still on par with what I could get here, and gives me the exact drop I want.

We need to get a supplier within NA that brings these over as they have tons of BE/BH parts available I'd love to buy.

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
Well I ordered my springs today from Japanparts. These are STI front and rear pinks for 2000-2004 sedans. The total with surcharge and insured shipment via DHL to my door is $284 CAD which I think is awesome. I'll have to pay taxes when they arrive, but its still on par with what I could get here, and gives me the exact drop I want.

I know that STI springs aren't progressive and i would be interested in hearing how you like the ride.

$284 CDN for set of OEM quality performance springs sounds to good to be true!

Seems like Ion doesn't keep stock BE/BH springs and I believe they were close to $400 USD last time I checked.

Keep us in the loop ryankenn!

Sadly, it was too good to be true. I got an email about a week ago informing me that the part shown ( and cost ) was for 1 spring. So they had me order 1 front and 1 rear. I guess when they placed the order themselves from STI, they were informed this didn't make a set. They wanted to double it, so I just asked for a refund, but alas, they don't give refunds on products they've ordered. They finally setlled on giving me a break on the second set, so now I have STI springs for $460CAD shipped.

Not the smoking deal I thought it was going to be, but not terrible. They should be here early next week, so I'll check back in.

I wasn't aware they weren't progressive? Oh well, I guess I'll see what I get. This order was prompted by the quote returned to me from Ion for $550CAD shipped for a set of springs. Then I read a bit about them, and saw some members had waited nearly a year for their exhausts, so I went a different route.

Ryan

Heh.... i thought that $284 shipped from Japan was to good to be true.

You still got a godd price for a set of STI springs shipped from Japan.

I guess the only cheaper spings are the Whiteline or H&R.

ION say they don't like that Whiteline spring because they aren't buildt for Canadian weather(rust and sag after two years).

You shouldn't have any problems with the STI springs though. Are you going to run stock shocks are getting some new ones?

I'm going with the new stock ones I have until they blow up, then I guess I'll but some KYB GR2's off Ebay. I bought the car used in May, and all four struts had been replaced by the dealership, so I should be alright for a while.

Is there a better option ( AGX ) out there for struts? The GR2's are sure attractive at under $300US shipped to me for four.

eBay Motors: KYB GR-2 GR2 STRUTS SHOCKS SUBARU LEGACY 00 - 02 ALL (item 180011455424 end time Aug-04-06 13:01:59 PDT)

Ryan

Archived