LegacyGT.com

SOA approved intake, finished and CARB approved?!

wcbjr

IF you have forgotten; the STi and LGT's MAF intake is slightly different sizes. We/I have seen that even a slight difference in size could mean a big difference in tuning and engine behavior. So I am going out on the limb and saying it will not fit our LGT, or else I would be using the STi Cobb SF intake on my car right now.

Biggest most important question is will it alter the state of any cars current tune. I mean wether it's ECUtek'd,Protuned,Cobb off the shelf maps or whatever. If you put this intake on will the MAF readings remain calibrated and match what the stock MAF read the last time the car was driven. Be nice to slap on an intake on a tuned setup and have all remain well. Namely my TDC Protune setup that I am putting a FM on. FM= I need an intake for charge tube clearances or i'd leave the stock airbox.

Might wanna hold off on anything intake-related from Cobb for a while. Been a bunch of intakes falling apart during installs on NASIOC... Here here for poor epoxy jobs!

i wouldnt worry consiidering the cobb LGT intake will be injection molded plastic

not aluminum (and btw they fixed the epoxy issues)

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

• 2 weeks later...

official SPT intake for the LGT:

http://files.tagworld.com/e65f38f13554875e43928d69e5f1fec4e8fd.jpeg

About $290 for the intake, filter, hose and heatshield. MSRP of course ;) Should be shipping next month. I've got a scan of the marketing slicks from the Motorsports Day last weekend - if anyone wants them, I can upload.

Archived