LegacyGT.com

Installed rear STi Brembos on my Legacy today.

Mach V Dan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No idea what you are talking about here. :confused:

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

I have TWR Racing 2pc rotor's, that have a Al center hub, and what they did was to move the rotor outboard by about 10mm. This is enough to not need to remove the dustshield. The rotor is still slightly larger, but much of the rotor is protected.

I have to mention that this isn't an available kit, as I needed to have custom brackets made to mount the caliper. It also only works with their rotor, but luckily they have really good thick rotor's meant to stand up to the abuse of track racing...

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6535/sm10040797oe.jpg

I installed my Brembo rear kit this evening...even with removing the dust sheild, notching the spindle and repainting the bare metal blak it only took about an hour and 15 minutes start to finish.

http://www.thel7.com/Wills/qwik.jpg

I even used a Dremel for the notching! :) Tungsten Carbide tip of course...I only had a chance to bed them in but the braking seems much "flatter now, no front end dive at all.

Dan, aren't you interested in a group buy on the rear Brembos? You're ignoring us! Perhaps with good reason...but it's rude. Please, Dan, group buy? Pleeeeassssseeee.

I've posted this before, but I'm not a big "group buy" kind of guy. Some reasons...(copied from another post of mine)

- Group buys are quite a bit of work to administer.

- From experience, if 40 people say they're interested, in the end, two will actually pay.

- The group buy people always want full normal customer service (and who wouldn't?), despite ordering through a group buy, so it ends up costing us the same as a normal sale.

- Group buys always take longer than they're supposed to, and the members get annoyed.

- I'd like people to order when they want the item, rather than wait for a group buy.

We pride ourselves on our service level, and the group buy thing just doesn't seem consistent with our standards of customer service and prompt order-handling.

Finally, even ignoring all my points above, the sheer mass of the brake kits makes them not really group buy material.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

with all due respect Dan, your competitors have done group buys on the Brembo front kit. It's simple to do - set a minimum number of people....the order goes in once that minimum is reached and they are all paid. No risk to you and people get a bit of a break on an expensive upgrade.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks!

I'll take my car tomorrow with brembo STI installed

The swap of the rear rotor took so long to build, they changed the brake line with SS custom, to build the rear fitting kit custom........

The guys worked 22 hours.

Unfortunately, I knew later that DBA sells rear discs for Legacy with STI's caliper :icon_mad:

• 1 month later...
nope it only works for the wrx

The WRX bracket will work...just needs a little finessing, same as the brackets that come with the WRX Brembo kit that Dan shows earlier in this thread. Many of us, including me, have gone this way. Works fine...over 20,000 miles on mine...

• 7 years later...

Ok, so I have 04 STI rear brembos and OEM rotors and the adapter brackets. Just to clarify,

1. Will these rotors clear the e-brake?

2. Do I need anything else to make it work?

3. What's the best thing to use for grinding and how much of a pain is that?

If you are using the oem 2004 sti rotors with the adapter brackets, then you'll need special parking brake pads.

http://www.knsbrakes.com/c/kns-bracket

These rotors I have might be DBAs, idk. How is the DBA adaptor rotor any different? I measured the inner diameter of the rotors I have, and they're 190mm wide where the parking brake goes.

Archived