LegacyGT.com

JDM heated, folding mirrors on GT Legacy

B2.5GT

Hello, everyone, I have a GT legacy and I was wondering if anyone has done a conversion of JDM heated/folding mirrors to US GT Legacy. Any help will be great, I have an idea what each wire on the mirrros do but not really sure how to install them, plus the guy I bought them from he told me that the mirrors had relay inside, is that true or I need a relay? Anyhelp will be apreciated. O yeah I do have the controler for folding the mirrors, turn the heater or open and close the mirrors.

Anybody know anything about three wire from the control switch, the colors are Black, Brown Red, and Red Black. I know the rest of the wires and where they go too? O yeah one more question, do I need a relay for the heated/folding mirrors????

NO I haven't but since this is a legacy form I though there might be someone here that did similer mode that I want to do, I'll try there but will see what happens, if that doesn't work I guess I have to do it my self and find out for my self what the rest of the three wire are for. Thanks to who tried to help...

Hello everyone again, I've just figured out how to install these folding/heated side mirrors. All I need is two extra wires, since some U.S. Subaru's come with heated side mirrors the wires are already there, right and all I need to do is add two extra wires to fold the side mirrors and connect those two wires with power and ground at the control side of the switch. And another thing I notices was that the heated/folding mirrors I got the wires are the same color as my LGT wires so that makes it little easer to work with. Right now I need to paint the side mirrors and install them, I'll try to write everything out when I do it with pictures so everyone else can see, anyways thanks for the help, who tried to help. Latter...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still working on it. I got my side mirrors painted and they are looking very sweet. Started to installing them last week and when I finished installing the drivers side I incounter a problem the mirrors moved left, up, and down but not right also the mirrors didn't fold but with the old switch it did move right. I cheacked for voltage right before the switch and it was getting voltage, so my guess is that I need a switch. Try to find one of those won't be easy. So far few peope are looking for one. If anyone has a JDM heated/folding switch that can sell it to make I will appreciate it. Until I get one I need figure out what else I could of done wrong...

I just got my switch from JHOT and it works like it dream, yeah. The only thing I got to do now is but the other side together and button everything back. If you guys need any JDM parts JHOT guy from ebay is the way to go, they are fast in answering questions and super fast shipping... Until next time. Hope to finish them up and post the whole project up with pics. Later...

SLegacy99 did you install heated/folding mirrors on your GT, and the fog lights are looking sweet. I got mine few days ago and need to install them soon.

Hmmm, someone in the 300zx community tried this and after all of the electrical gremlins were sorted out, they realized the mirrors were set up optically for RHD and were of no use in a LHD car.

Any word on the curvature of these JDM's?

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived