LegacyGT.com

JDM heated, folding mirrors on GT Legacy

B2.5GT

I finally got them installed, they look awesome and work great. I can see great from the driver mirror and still see ok from the passengers mirorr. After spending around $360 dollars I got my heated/folding side mirrors to work.

SUC50047copy1.jpg.8c3b1d90a9fb37099d2c76df620e070f.jpg

The left side mirror is original and the right side is the heated/ folding mirror looking at the car from the front. Tried to post a video clip but didn't work. More pic coming soon.

• 3 months later...
All I need is two extra wires, since some U.S. Subaru's come with heated side mirrors the wires are already there, right and all I need to do is add two extra wires to fold the side mirrors and connect those two wires with power and ground at the control side of the switch.

^ what power did you go off of?

I'm workig on this myself, (legacy BD) and looking for some help.

OK to open the side mirrors the negative wire is Black/ white and positive is Yellow/Red, and to close the mirrors the black/ yelllow wire is positive and yellow/red wire is negative thats the colors of the wire from the mirrores. So do you buy the side mirrors with the heated mirror? If you did and your legacy didn't come with heated side mirrors then you will need to wire up four wires from each side mirror to the switch. The rest of the wires should be the same color wires as US models, which help a lot to me. O yeah make sure that your switch actually works, my switch didn't work and I was pissed for a week, but anyways good luck, let me know if you have any more questions.

um, ya, took apart the switch, and one of the contact points was fryed!!!

(yes on the heated part, no my GT didn't come with the heated ones)

called JHOT, won't know untill Oct.12th!!!!!

nothing like waiting around. But no big deal. (stuff happens)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I find that the passenger mirror view is perfectly fine, but the drivers side, I end up looking at half of my car.

I was tempted to buy a second set of mirrors, just so I could completely rip them apart to see if I could correct the angle.

The other thought was I was going to check out a glass shop and see if they could help fix it with a replacement mirror.

• 3 years later...

Archived