LegacyGT.com

How many Legacy owners hate their spoiler?

Do you hate the spoiler on your Legacy?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate the spoiler on your Legacy?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Mono'][quote name='wunderkind']Did you know that the Camry has the exact same spoiler?! Urghh....[/quote] The new Legacy looks a lot like a Camry.[/quote] well I got myself a spoilerless Legacy. For one.. it make the leg look too Camry-ish. The spoiler looks like the camry one.. + the rear lights look sorta like the camry.. the combination of the two sort of emphasized that camry resemblence. And.. after seeing the STi spoiler. I KNEW i wouldn't be satisfied with the stock one :)

Now I still have my MY01 BUT........ I dont mind the factory spoiler on it, unsure why they REALLY changed the total look and feel from mine. But boys dont be really upset at yrself's as we did try and warn you that the new ones were POX. Adam.

[quote name='SUBE555']I like the spoiler on my wagon. :)[/quote] Funny, I was thinking that I didn't like the spoiler on my wagon. I was driving on gravel road the other day, and the big blunt end of the wagon left a vacuum that seemed to suck the dust right against my window. Usually wagons and SUVs prevent that with a spoiler that deflects air down towards the window, but the stock legacy wagon spoiler doesn't seem to help in this regard.

[quote name='godwhomismike'] I can tell you, I disliked it before I got it, and still dislike it, but not as much and for a different reason - the dang thing is right in my rear view mirror :evil: . Thanks. - Mike[/quote] Mike, have you thought about getting it off? You are going to keep the car for at least 3 years and this could be worth it if it makes you like it even more. The car is brand new and the spoiler seems to already be "spoiling" your fun. Some bodywork/painting would be needed on the trunklid, nothing unusual. Maybe reconnect the rear-mounted brake light (I don't know about this), change the trunklid springs (?) and your dealer (or another) could buy back the spoiler from you to help you offset that cost. It would not cost much to ask for an estimate.

i love the car without the spoiler.....Personally i think the car looks more mature without the spoiler and even more luxurious....however i would consider getting the lip on my trunk but the spoiler will never be on there does anyone know where I could get the lip?

I passed on the exact car I wanted that was on the lot because it also had a spoiler. I ordered and waited the 4 weeks (pretty quick) to get one without the spoiler. I'm 46 so that shot the original theory all to hell. I pick up the car tomorrow morning!!! Legacy GTL Sedan 5EAT - Regal Blue.

From what I've seen on local dealer lots and checking their on-line inventories, very few if any in the Chicago area have the spoiler installed. Seems like some people in other locations are having a hard time finding one without the spoiler, besides ordering. Right now I'm leaning toward going sans-spoiler, but if the lip version was available I'd definitely would go with that.

Older, I'm almost 50 and love the spoiler. I have a Wagon, but if I got the sedan, I would also like the spoiler. I wish I could have gotten the spoiler on my 00GT Wagon but because of the rack I couldn't fit it with the Thule Ski Box. On my 98GT Wagon I had to redill the box and buy the Legacy Sedan mount kit so I could move the box forward more, to clear it stock wing. Winged wagons are way cool dud...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Love the LIP spoiler... Can't say that I care for the current big one though. Personally, ite seems too bulky and thick. If it was a bit more svelte and probably a bit closer to the rear deck, I'd go for it. I think the Accord does a good job in this regard.

[quote name='trseeley']From what I've seen on local dealer lots and checking their on-line inventories, very few if any in the Chicago area have the spoiler installed. Seems like some people in other locations are having a hard time finding one without the spoiler, besides ordering. Right now I'm leaning toward going sans-spoiler, but if the lip version was available I'd definitely would go with that.[/quote] Every single dealer in my area was loaded with LGT's w/ spoilers, to be honest, the only spoilerless Legacy was a regular 2.5i sedan. Seems every dealer felt people would be tripping over themselves becuse they all would want the spoiler. My dealer didn't charge me for the spoiler, they ate the cost of the spoiler. Plus my car is a lease, so I don't think I could remove it. I'll let you guys know Monday how annoying the rear spoiler is in the rear view mirror, I am going on vacation tonight and it should be a 3+ hour trip. From driving at night it seems to offer one advantage - it blocks out headlights behind you - lol :lol: - Mike

I have a GT Ltd Sedan. It came with the spoiler already installed so I didn't have a choice. I don't like the center brake light. Subaru doesn't even make a plate to cover the hole if you remove the light. I really like the STI lip spoiler- it looks very classy. I doubt I will ever change it out though, given the cost of the spoiler and the cost of a new trunk lid.

Archived