LegacyGT.com

How many Legacy owners hate their spoiler?

Do you hate the spoiler on your Legacy?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate the spoiler on your Legacy?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do notice that the spoiler blocks the rear third brake light inside the rear window. My wife was driving our Legacy the other day, and I was following her, and when she puts the brake on, the 3rd rear brake light in the window and the 3rd rear brake light in the spoiler both light up....its totally stupid since you cant even see the one in the window.....although it lights up the trunk area...dumb looking though. Mark 2005 Silver Legacy GT Lmt. Sedan

[quote name='frontrangeSubie']I do notice that the spoiler blocks the rear third brake light inside the rear window. My wife was driving our Legacy the other day, and I was following her, and when she puts the brake on, the 3rd rear brake light in the window and the 3rd rear brake light in the spoiler both light up....its totally stupid since you cant even see the one in the window.....although it lights up the trunk area...dumb looking though. Mark 2005 Silver Legacy GT Lmt. Sedan[/quote] Pull the bulb out, that's what I did.

[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='frontrangeSubie']I do notice that the spoiler blocks the rear third brake light inside the rear window. My wife was driving our Legacy the other day, and I was following her, and when she puts the brake on, the 3rd rear brake light in the window and the 3rd rear brake light in the spoiler both light up....its totally stupid since you cant even see the one in the window.....although it lights up the trunk area...dumb looking though. Mark 2005 Silver Legacy GT Lmt. Sedan[/quote] Pull the bulb out, that's what I did.[/quote] Good Idea...I will do that.... along with the seatbelt chime...this forum helps out alot! Too bad we even have to REPAIR these! Mark

A few options from Subaru or STi if you are already without a spoiler or looking for a change: [img]http://www.kingofimports.com/ProductCart/pc/catalog/Legacy.Exterior.BodyKits.BumperSkirtKit.Sedan.RearBumperSpoiler.00004.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.kingofimports.com/ProductCart/pc/catalog/Legacy.Exterior.Lips%26SPoilers.TrunkSpoiler.STi.installed.jpg[/img] Kevin King of Imports, LLC [url]www.kingofimports.com[/url] [email]sales@kingofimports.com[/email]

I would like to stay my Legacy without the spoiler, for 2005 legacy sedan, they already have very good design on the rear, I can say that you will feel they already integrated the little spoiler on rear of legacy sedan, that style is good enough for me, and that is my favorite, similar design as the previous Audio A4, they named it "Duck Tail".

[quote name='kevin@kingofimports.com']A few options from Subaru or STi if you are already without a spoiler or looking for a change: [img]http://www.kingofimports.com/ProductCart/pc/catalog/Legacy.Exterior.BodyKits.BumperSkirtKit.Sedan.RearBumperSpoiler.00004.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.kingofimports.com/ProductCart/pc/catalog/Legacy.Exterior.Lips%26SPoilers.TrunkSpoiler.STi.installed.jpg[/img] Kevin King of Imports, LLC [url]www.kingofimports.com[/url] [email]sales@kingofimports.com[/email][/quote] I have to say, that as a huge fan of lip spoilers on this car, the STi one is very close, but the one on the blue car is bad. I may need to mock one up in blueboard or something when I get my legacy in the future. It should sit completely in, and cover all of the beveled edge of the trunk, when seen from the rear. The sides should taper out to the rear fenders, at the same angle as the rear fender detail line. The rear face should extend up from the back of the trunk lid at the same angle as the rear fender kick-up line as seen from the side. it would actually be and angle change from the back of the trunk, extending further rearward, accentuating the concave of the back of the trunk lid when seen from the side. The top face should extend back from the trunk top (it may need to overlap onto the top of the trunk lid, but no more than an inch or two) at a shallower angle than rear fender kick up line, and meet with the rear face at the tip, perhaps with a narrower beveled edge. General radiused edges and blended corners should be similar to the fit and finish of the STi lip spoiler, but a slightly more anglular peice in all. Made of urethane, and painted to match, of course. I would love to have a wide LED CHMSL in the lip spoiler, at least 24 inches wide or wider. I would love it even better if it were mounted inside the rear glass, at the TOP. Think late model Olds Aurora. invisible, then a bright red line, about the width of the center 1/3rd of the glass, across the top of the rear window. Just my ideas.

It was a pain to find, but I got an Atlantic Blue Gt Ltd sans spoiler. I'm 33. My '98 had a spoiler, which seemed to improve the look. I liked the cleaner look of the '05 sans. My wife also mentioned later, 'Maybe you should have gotten the spoiler" and "Maybe you should have gotten silver" and "Maybe black interior...." Then she'll later say, "This blue does look nice, everyone at work said it was beautiful" and "The taupe looks classier". Women.... :D I think the black interior looks much sportier, the taupe has more class.

Archived