LegacyGT.com

Indiana Members?

KartRacerBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was DGM. And I did a little poking around and that guy was actually from Pittsburgh.

At one point last fall there were three DGM LGTs running around Lafayette with FMICs and upgraded turbos before I parted mine out and bought a WRX.

It's cool; I'm with the band

There is one that doesnt have a business or anything he is just known for tuning some subarus around here and he charges $50. I have been in one car tuned by him and im not impressed, it seemed a bit sketchy. and there is one in kentucky that has a shop and dyno but its not all wheel dyno so i could only get a $350 road tune that in my eyes is way too much. Im not worried about not getting my tune from infamous, i know its going to take awhile but for the work he does at that price i cant complain. Plus im still trying to figure out how to get this freakin vagcom cable working.

Shamar does good work and it will be very reliable. I had an Infamous tune on my LGT back in the day, and I can tell you that it was much better than my accessport off the shelf tune. I upgraded some parts and went with an opensource tune from a local guy who was able to push the limits a little more because he was a lot more familiar with the car since he was in there getting a feel for how it was reacting to his tweaks.

Long story short, Shamar does great work, but there will be some power left on the table for safety sake, since he can't be there to notice the intricacies and only has some datalogs and learning views. As far as a stage 1 or stage 2 tune goes, I would feel very confident in what he does, but if you're going for more (turbo swap, FMIC, bigger injectors, etc) I would go with someone local to road or dyno tune the car since they can get a good feel for it.

It's cool; I'm with the band

• 7 months later...
There is one that doesnt have a business or anything he is just known for tuning some subarus around here and he charges $50. I have been in one car tuned by him and im not impressed, it seemed a bit sketchy. and there is one in kentucky that has a shop and dyno but its not all wheel dyno so i could only get a $350 road tune that in my eyes is way too much. Im not worried about not getting my tune from infamous, i know its going to take awhile but for the work he does at that price i cant complain. Plus im still trying to figure out how to get this freakin vagcom cable working.

I think you're talking about the guy who tuned my 06 STI back in 07. I think he said I was his first test subject. He had a subie wagon and maybe a regular wrx also. I remember posting the map on the clubwrx forums a long time ago. I'm from around newburgh/evansville and drive a 99 legacy sus now.

Just to add to an older thread but I am in Evansville as well.

Just purchased a 2006 Legacy GT Wagon in Feb.

CBE and Apex'i drop in filter, TDC Stage 1. Soon to go Stage 2!

Welcome to the forums, good to see another legacy owner in evansville. I saw a legacy wagon for sale off of covert ave recently that was black, that wouldnt happen to be the care you purchased was it?

HEY ALL!! Just found this thread.. I live in NW Indiana. Elkhart County. I drive an OBP '08 LGT and I'm going stg 3 soon, just gathering parts right now.

I was just in south bend Thursday, KARTRACERBOY! I was at basney mazda and gates Toyota looking for a car for my wife. hit me up!

HEY ALL!! Just found this thread.. I live in NW Indiana. Elkhart County. I drive an OBP '08 LGT and I'm going stg 3 soon, just gathering parts right now.

I was just in south bend Thursday, KARTRACERBOY! I was at basney mazda and gates Toyota looking for a car for my wife. hit me up!

You seem a little over exuberant. Makes me all scaredy cat. :lol::lol:

Archived