LegacyGT.com

WTF. . who does this kind of crap?

So I walk out to get the mail and on my way back spot a huge dent in the passenger side door from some A$$hole that parked beside me in the parking deck at work today.

This is not just a 'door ding' it is the size of fifty cent piece. It also left a great deal of white paint on my pretty black car. Probably would not have even noticed it had I not just washed my car on Sunday.

I mean, whoever did this had to have slammed my car with their door before getting in or out of their piece of sh!t car.

No note to apologize, or to say sorry man, hit your car. No nothing, just a nice reminder that other people in this world have no respect for their own property or much less anyone elses.

So my question is this. . . what is the best way to repair it and where should I even start to find a good body shop that isn't gonna see some chick coming from a mile away and take me to the cleaners for the repair.

Help guys. . .I'm a gal in need of some good honest advice, outside of getting all menapausal on the bastard and bashing their car with a base ball bat tomorrow morning on my way into the office.:icon_twis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
paintless dent repair works wonders. Do you know who the owner of the car was?? At least know what car it was?

Unfortunately no to both ??'s I work in downtown Minneapolis and the parking deck is a pretty busy most of the day with comers and goers. But I park on the top deck where the spaces are a bit larger to protect against such bullsh!t. Most of the regulars do the same, so hopefully I can spot the offender in the next day or two.

If I wasn't a nice person, I'd suggest carrying a pint of paint stripper with you. I've Heard it works wonder as revenge. Just watch out for cameras, they can be a Long way away and still be focused on mmmmm things.

A valve stem remover is a less dangerous way of delivering retribution. ;) Take the valve stems out and leave them sitting there. You haven't damaged or stolen anything, but you have put quite a damper on someone's day. Leave a note thanking them for the damage to your car. :icon_bigg

Kimmi - The Morries dealerships are usually pretty fair about PDR. They usually have a guy stop in at once or twice a week to do work.

Other than the souvenir paint, any damage to your paint?

Kimmi - The Morries dealerships are usually pretty fair about PDR. They usually have a guy stop in at once or twice a week to do work.

Other than the souvenir paint, any damage to your paint?

No. The paint is not damaged at all. But everytime I look at it, I just want to scream out obsenities. :argue: :argue: :argue:

Give Eric Weingart a call at Brooklyn Park Subaru (763) 424-3331. He's one of their service advisors.

Ask him when they could do a PDR on the car and they'll probably help you out. I was very happy with the work their guy did on my car. I know where it was, but I can't find any evidence of the ding.

+1 for paintless dent repair. I have a guy that has "saved" my life one dent at a time. As long as no bad damage to clearcoat/paint, they usually can work them out from behind.

so what should I expect for charges? have no clue what to expect. just want to prepare myself so I don't get screwed by the PDR place.

Reminds me of what happend to me the first week of owning the S4.

A Cadillac STS parked beside me @ Starbucks, I was sitting outside & heard the impact of his door into mine.

Basically ran over & confronted the guy...."I didn't hit your car".....The hell you didn't Asssssshole......"Prove it then"!

My emotions got the best of me....after letting him know how much I respected him. I walked to the front driver quarter panel & let the size 11 fly three times just above the front wheel:)

Metal was touching the tire

Walking past I said.......

Prove it!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I got keyed going to cost me $500

I got keyed on three panels. Not one long scratch like it was "accidentally" across the panels. More like, "there's a scratch" [ka-ching], "there's a scratch" [ka-ching], "and there's a scratch" [ka-ching]. Same thing happened on the same night to the Corvette down the street. People suck.

Reminds me of what happend to me the first week of owning the S4.

A Cadillac STS parked beside me @ Starbucks, I was sitting outside & heard the impact of his door into mine.

Basically ran over & confronted the guy...."I didn't hit your car".....The hell you didn't Asssssshole......"Prove it then"!

My emotions got the best of me....after letting him know how much I respected him. I walked to the front driver quarter panel & let the size 11 fly three times just above the front wheel:)

Metal was touching the tire

Walking past I said.......

Prove it!

:lol:

Dude!!! We need to go grab a beer man. Seriously.

I got keyed on three panels. Not one long scratch like it was "accidentally" across the panels. More like, "there's a scratch" [ka-ching], "there's a scratch" [ka-ching], "and there's a scratch" [ka-ching]. Same thing happened on the same night to the Corvette down the street. People suck.
Thats how mine is, those bitches.Only 2 panels though rear passenger door and rear qtr panel.

Denial is your best friend

...It also left a great deal of white paint on my pretty black car.

...The paint is not damaged at all. But everytime I look at it, I just want to scream out obsenities.

To make it less obvious until you can get the PDR done, use some polishing compound to remove the white paint from your black.

Hi Kim-

Sorry to hear that the fat-a$$ed morons of the world are in your neck of the woods too. :icon_mad: I have had to have a few issues resolved over the years (see attached picture for the largest). I use Juergen's Dent Kraft at 952-472-5100. Juergen is a crusty old German that learned the paintless dent removal craft in Germany for one of the automakers, fixing imperfections before the cars left the factory. I am not easily pleased, but this guy is flipping amazing. It is an art. I have watched him work and was awed. He was doing painless dent repair in the Twin Cities before most of these new guys in the business were born. He works out of the Collision Center (body shop) in Golden Valley just north of 394 off the frontage road and just east of Menard's. When you call the number, his wife usually answers and sets up the appointment. You can wait for him to do the repair (probably 20 minutes to 45 minutes depending on how big the dent is). The repair in the picture was done in 2000 and was $65 for him to push out the dent and $40 for the body shop to buff out the paint. You could not tell anything ever happened to the fender. :) I have had him work on 4 different cars over the years (the Mustang managed to stay dent free for 7 years) and have never been disappointed. The best thing is that you have no paint damage. Give him a call and you will not be disappointed. He and his wife should remember my "good German name"...Steigerwald. :icon_bigg Good luck.

Mark

img014.jpg.a3e6ef66bdb5e14ef3d3cb759507c705.jpg

It is still ugly.

^^^

I've heard of this guy before too, and have also heard he's VERY good.

Bumping metal is an interesting craft. I have a manual for it at work (we manufacture some of the only bumping tools in the US!) and it's interesting to read through sometimes. It's basically an old text book, and when I say old, I mean OLD!

First month of owning the car, first week at work....first bumper hit....someone hit my back bumper, scraped off a good amount of paint from parts of that corner of the bumper. I just touched it up b/c I figured, who knows how many times this is gonna happen. Well, I decided not to be anal the other day and not park farther away from the restaurant b/c of the more secluded parking spot. Paid the price again....somone just parked right into my front bumper or something....a circle where their license plate screw hit my car was left along with another paint scratch all the way to the plastic..... no note in either case..... really, I just wanna beat the crap out of these people with some sort of bat.

S

I mean, whoever did this had to have slammed my car with their door before getting in or out of their piece of sh!t car.

No note to apologize, or to say sorry man, hit your car. No nothing, just a nice reminder that other people in this world have no respect for their own property or much less anyone elses.

dude, you got off easy.. the guy who hit my car at the mall took off my whole driver side bumper on my integra.

this was about 2 years ago.. and my car is old.. til this day i am still pissed!! probably cuz i have to look at it every day!! yeah.. i still have yet to get it fixed.. my detuctable is too high.. and i am cheap arse..

Archived