LegacyGT.com

WTF. . who does this kind of crap?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I had a disgruntle worker key my front right fender after I let him go. NOTE: I didn't fire him, I let him go because the project was ending. Needless to say, I called everyone I know in the bussiness and made sure he never got a job in town. If he didn't go pyscho and keyed my car I would've given him a good recommandation.

I also had a guy dent left side of my old celica from the back wheel all the way to front wheel. I mean, this wasn't "woops, I scraped someone's bumper." This was someone gunning their car all the way through.

so what should I expect for charges? have no clue what to expect. just want to prepare myself so I don't get screwed by the PDR place.

Be'n around and driving all over boston, I've delt with this for a ton of my families cars...I've gotten so used to its sad.....we have great dent removal people around here. Some are even mobile and will come to your place of work...

From personal fixage:

Cheapst Fix for a door ding - $25

Most $$$ fix for a door ding - $117 (they had to touch up with paint)

They both happened to be on the same car too.......My sis needs to learn to park in better spots :D

i've had my LGT for approximately 2 months. during the second week of ownership, someone left a nasty dent in my rear passenger door...well not just a dent, it cracked the paint!!! now i gotta pay the man 300-350 to repair/repaint the door. these things always happen to me:(

Sorry about the dent..:icon_mad: I just noticed my first scratch on the front hood, probably 1-1/2" long :icon_mad: This was probably just road-rash. The first one always hurts the most! Good Luck with the repair!
"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

Park far away and walk whenever possible

Word! +1

But the a-holes will find you sometimes! The worst are the ones with the big SUV's who can barely fit into a regular parking spot. These things have huge doors. Most of the time the drivers are considerate but if they have kids in the back seat or a passenger in the front seat your car is going to get bumped when they open them. The doors are so heavy they'll leave a 3 inch dent. Cars leave smaller dents but just as annoying :icon_mad:

Watch out for windy days too!

A friend of mine was turning into a parking spot on a suburban street in a very affluent town. To his left, in swings a hoity-toity super-exclusive SUV, driven by Blonde Bimbette #1 and joined in the passenger seat by Blonde Bimbette #2. The passenger door swings open, and bam! It hits the left side of my friend's car and puts a not-too-small dent on my friend's car. Bimbette #2, who did this, says nothing and walks away in her Gucci loafers to shop for Caviar at the local gourmet food store with Bimbette #1.

Funny, when the bimbettes came back to Bimbette #1's super-exclusive SUV, there was a big gash scraped across her door.....

i know how you feel..someone took a shopping cart to my car in february..and they hit it hard, my front passenger fender was bent in enough where it was bending out over the front of the door and i couldnt open my door for weeks..cost 425 to fix it. and never found out who it was

^ Am I missing a logic link here? The passenger is the one who damaged your friend's car. Now the driver has to pay to fix her car and the passenger pays nothing.

Uhhh... yeah, it's Kaa Kaa Man, please don't get him going. :iam::icon_bigg

Back on topic: First and foremost KimmiGT, I'll apologize for everyone calling you a dude in the past posts. :lol: We don't see many women on here (besides Kenda, Stephy, and some others:icon_tong ) so I think many just assume. We all love that you have such an exquisite taste in cars though. :) As for what Pillboy and Brady have said, I think $100 is about fair if you have to touch the paint up at all. Give some calls around but don't always expect an exact quote over the phone cause they will need to look at it. I would go with the German guy since you have a name to reference (a German name too!:icon_bigg ) and it seems like he is well respected. You might as well do it right the first time! Good luck and I hope you've got some good leads from everyone on here.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Yep, they will find you, and usually its an 84 Ford LTD, or similar POS. I try to find spots that are protected on one side when I can. But there is always someone, I had the kind young lady in her Benz sport ute slam her door into mine not just one but twice. I even said something to her the first time.

Anyway, a few weeks later she was dropping her kid off and she was obivously in a hurry to go somewhere. And you know what happened? My car stalled as I was passing her parking spot, she just had to sit there until I could get the car restarted. Imagine that.

Uhhh... yeah, it's Kaa Kaa Man, please don't get him going. :iam::icon_bigg

Back on topic: First and foremost KimmiGT, I'll apologize for everyone calling you a dude in the past posts. :lol: We don't see many women on here (besides Kenda, Stephy, and some others:icon_tong ) so I think many just assume. We all love that you have such an exquisite taste in cars though. :) As for what Pillboy and Brady have said, I think $100 is about fair if you have to touch the paint up at all. Give some calls around but don't always expect an exact quote over the phone cause they will need to look at it. I would go with the German guy since you have a name to reference (a German name too!:icon_bigg ) and it seems like he is well respected. You might as well do it right the first time! Good luck and I hope you've got some good leads from everyone on here.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I am already checking out some places and will definitely keep you all posted.

I love my Subie . . . now if I could just find a man that performs as well as my car I would be all set. Single fiery redhead seeks single man who likes fast cars and even faster women. Ha ha just kiddin guys :lol:

Yep, they will find you, and usually its an 84 Ford LTD, or similar POS. I try to find spots that are protected on one side when I can. But there is always someone, I had the kind young lady in her Benz sport ute slam her door into mine not just one but twice. I even said something to her the first time.

Anyway, a few weeks later she was dropping her kid off and she was obivously in a hurry to go somewhere. And you know what happened? My car stalled as I was passing her parking spot, she just had to sit there until I could get the car restarted. Imagine that.

that's a great non-legal repercussion way to handle it!

Reminds me of what happend to me the first week of owning the S4.

A Cadillac STS parked beside me @ Post Office, I was sitting outside & heard the impact of his door into mine.

Basically ran over & confronted the guy...."I didn't hit your car".....The hell you didn't Asssssshole......"Prove it then"!

quote]

wukindada, this sounds more like it., took me a few seconds to figure out the "size 11" was your shoes, i was thinking razor blades at first - scared me.:lol:

Reminds me of what happend to me the first week of owning the S4.

A Cadillac STS parked beside me @ Starbucks, I was sitting outside & heard the impact of his door into mine.

Basically ran over & confronted the guy...."I didn't hit your car".....The hell you didn't Asssssshole......"Prove it then"!

My emotions got the best of me....after letting him know how much I respected him. I walked to the front driver quarter panel & let the size 11 fly three times just above the front wheel:)

Metal was touching the tire

Walking past I said.......

Prove it!

sweet crap dude!

i am in :) lol

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I am already checking out some places and will definitely keep you all posted.

I love my Subie . . . now if I could just find a man that performs as well as my car I would be all set. Single fiery redhead seeks single man who likes fast cars and even faster women. Ha ha just kiddin guys :lol:

First let me say that this thread is very depressing. Second.. now since when do I get included in "some others" .. haha I know I haven't posted in awhile but come on I could have been named with the Kenda and Stephy... I am discusted! LOL

Sorry to hear about your dent Kimmi... my car came off the boat with a big green paint mark from the container.. brand spanking new.. sucks.. but what can we do? Welcome to the board BTW.

Children's and Family Photographer http://www.AForgetMeNotMoment.com

me gusta roja!! :icon_bigg

didn't have the car 48 hours before some woman hit ours in a parking lot. when confronted about it, she said "I di in't hit yo car". worse, while pulling away, her kids were in the back seat waving and saying "this is us leavin, good bye white girl goodbye" to my wife. It's bad when you see a complete waste of a human being walking around, but it's a bazillion times worse when you know they have ruined their children as well.

thats ok, this is us calling the police, reporting a hit and run. have fun with that.

stupid whore.

Archived