LegacyGT.com

Sneaky Partial Pic STI Limited

Jedi Pimp

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My big point is, I don't see a bunch of customers going nuts over an STI with leather. If they want an STI they'll buy a WRX STI. Maybe a Limited will be an alternative to the other STI, but who's customers are they going to take marketshare from?

I respecfully disagree. I may be the exception to the rule, but eliminating the wing and adding leather makes a big difference to me. I could not see myself in a previous STI but I can see myself in this STI ltd. But, I am older and probably not the typical STI buyer. BUT, with a limited run, they may be trying to attract folks like me.

Still not sure I can live with the harsh ride but I might be willing to give it a try. I KNEW I could not live with that wing and I knew I would tire quickly of the interior.

As to marketshare and customers - Perhaps they are cannibalizing the LGT - just as the LGT cannibalized the WRX. Many of us shed our WRX for the LGT. Will some of us shed our LGTs with leather and APs and Bilsteins for the STI Ltd?

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

I respecfully disagree. I may be the exception to the rule, but eliminating the wing and adding leather makes a big difference to me. I could not see myself in a previous STI but I can see myself in this STI ltd. But, I am older and probably not the typical STI buyer. BUT, with a limited run, they may be trying to attract folks like me.

Still not sure I can live with the harsh ride but I might be willing to give it a try. I KNEW I could not live with that wing and I knew I would tire quickly of the interior.

As to marketshare and customers - Perhaps they are cannibalizing the LGT - just as the LGT cannibalized the WRX. Many of us shed our WRX for the LGT. Will some of us shed our LGTs with leather and APs and Bilsteins for the STI Ltd?

You hit the nail right on the head for me. I will give the STI Ltd serious consideration for my next purchase.

Hello,

I'm probably going to trade my STi in to get an STi Limited... and I might trade the OXT in to get a SpecB, but I'm still on the fence. I might go for an Xterra instead of the OXT (OXT can't drive slow enough for some of the gnarly off roading we do, so I'm constantly riding the clutch, stinking the world up, to do 2 mph crawling).

At any rate, ever since I got my OXT, my STi has sat around, never being driven (25k the first year, 6k the second, with 16k on the OXT in half a year). In the OXT, I can go any speed I want, on the freeway, and not attract undue attention. In the STi, cops jump on and tail me all the time. I can't go anywhere without cops looking at me like I'm some 16 year old punk. One motorcycle cop rolled along me and motioned me to roll me window down. He shouted "are those stock brakes?" "Yeah!" "Damn sweet." Meanwhile, my heartrate had shot up to 200 bpm. In the OXT, I'm free to do whatever, without any such attention, and I still kick peoples' arses (Cobb Stg 2+).

An STI (stupid capitalization change) with no wing, more subtle looking scoop (compared to my '05), and heated seats? Sound perfect for my daily grind and for hitting the snowy, cold mountains. I love the heated seats in the OXT and can't stand being freezing for an extra 15 minutes in the STi.

:)

Someone at Subaru finally listened!

Joel

and why would I want an STi in white?

Because white with gold wheels is possibly the best color combination for the 06. If not for the fact that white is almost as bad as black for keeping clean, I would definitely get an STI in white.

Because white with gold wheels is possibly the best color combination for the 06. If not for the fact that white is almost as bad as black for keeping clean, I would definitely get an STI in white.

I agree Zsbaugh! Love the gold on white STIs (Love them Hokies too!! :icon_bigg )

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

ehhh....sorry you don't dig it. Had it been available when I was buying, I might have ended up with it. I didn't like the econobox feel of the WRX and the normal STi was no different, but I wanted better low end than the 2L was capable of. The LGT was the best compromise, as I knew I could get it to STi levels of performance.

I agree, I may also have been driving one. I test drove a STI and almost bought it but it was just too boy racer for this old gent. I like the looks of this new limited. The LGT fit right in between the WRX and STI but now the STI Limited makes it a very interesting decision if I had the choice back then.

^^Yup, quite a bit different, actually.

This "Limited" goes against everything good that is STi. GHEYness.

Let's plump up an already chunky Impreza with sunroofs n leather n crap.

Just GHEYness. Bring over the S204 dangit.

Your opinion, but this old man likes the "Gheyness". I'm 46 and a "boy racer look" has keep me from buying a STI.

I guess I can see the appeal, I just wish that, along with the luxo offerings, Subaru would offer a ballz out performer limited edition. There's always 2008 I guess...and they'll fix that pig nose too.

So you gonna get one? Better get your name and $$$ on the list! :)

Archived