LegacyGT.com

Charged with reckless driving

wimwam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first thread and I'm sorry this happened to you, but I guess someone has to get caught.

Don't know if anyone replied to the guy who asked why don't you have a radar detector. My response is that it will most likely only save you from 20 mph over max. You have to slam your brakes on pretty hard when it picks up the reading in most cases. If it's laser you're through.

radar detectors are illegal in VA. even if he had time to slow down he would've been busted for the detector. What I don't get is I see alot of people driving around Va with detectors up in the windows. cops must not be looking.

100 mph can creep up on you fast. :icon_wink be careful

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Allright all everything is said and done, got 3 days in Fairfax correctional, suspended VA driving priveleges (sp?) for 6 months with possibly of restricted after 3, and a whopping fine. Just for future reference I used Bose Law Firm and they did absolutely squat for me, do not use them. They charge way to much and didn't really seem to be there for my benefit. For now I am taking the metro (blah) to a different office building and really missing driving my LGT home from work at night post rush hour with the windows down and music up. Hopefully soon I will be back in the saddle.

Wow... I'm never going over 65 again...

3 days! That's f*ing nuts... Were you mixed in with the general population?

Just out of curiosity, no offense intended, are you white? :lol:

Best of luck man...

.__.

I got pulled over @ 95mph once....

In court I said sorry and they dropped it to "speeding" which in CT is 5mph over the speed limit. They also dropped the court fees.

So I got off with $150 fine and thats it. WITHOUT A LAWYER.

Jail + suspension + big fines sounds EXTREME, especially if you had professional representation!

OUCH

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

Not very extreme for the commonwealth. I once went to court for 10 over and they tried to nail me with the maximum penalty for reckless driving which is like 1500-2500 fine. This is despite the fact that the cop didnt have any speed measurement on me.

sgt is right, the commonwealth is hardcore on speeding offenders. There are plenty of accidents occuring in northern VA lately. Read a statistic that said last year over 22500 traffic accidents occured in northern VA alone, while montgomery, anne arundel, and PG county only had about 2500. Crazy huh, though they say that 85% of statistics are made up on the spot ;) . Anyways its all done now, still think I got the raw end of the deal, especially with professional representation. The car is still fun to drive when I can though.

• 2 weeks later...
Just came across this thread.....sorry to hear about that man...3 days in the clink !!!! heeeewwwwweeeee!!!! that’s ruff...the judge through the book at ya....I think you need to sue the legal defense you got...they did jack sh(#% for ya.....:icon_mad:

Archived