LegacyGT.com

Gas Prices rising. It's spring. We know. AKA Where have you been the last 20 years?

Ok, I'm going to just get this out of the way before we see 47 threads complaining about rising gas prices (you know they're coming).

It's springtime folks. That means gas prices will go up. That's just what happens every year. expect to see them "obscenely" high around Memorial Day (Topping $3 gal probably). It's not some commie conspriacy - it's happened every year for the last 20 years, so I don't want to hear anyone bitching about it like it's some huge surprise lest I think some of the members here are stupid.

I don't think anyone is stupid here at the moment, so let's try to keep it that way. ;)

Seriously. It's coming. No whining. We didn't buy GT's for the economy.

Thank you, please pull through.

Brady

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady...you are WRONG ! Gas prices are rising for pure speculation. And when I bought my GT I knew I am paying premium, and it burns more. I am not bitching about fuel economy since I can pull a 30 mpg out of my GT any damn time I want.

But i am bitching about gas prices. It went up 60 cents in 2 months. This has nothing to do with how much the Subaru is burning but everything to do with this country's failed politics and big corporation greed.

Oh and by the way...it is 3 dollars a gallon for premium already ! By Memorial Day it will be 4 dollars a gallon if it keep going this way. Summer my ass ! I failed to watch the news about another hurricane wiping out the petroleum industry in the gulf...nor can I believe that switching from winter gas to summer gas makes the summer gas variably more expensive...already 25% more so.

Brady...you are WRONG ! Gas prices are rising for pure speculation. And when I bought my GT I knew I am paying premium, and it burns more. I am not bitching about fuel economy since I can pull a 30 mpg out of my GT any damn time I want.

But i am bitching about gas prices. It went up 60 cents in 2 months. This has nothing to do with how much the Subaru is burning but everything to do with this country's failed politics and big corporation greed.

Oh and by the way...it is 3 dollars a gallon for premium already ! By Memorial Day it will be 4 dollars a gallon if it keep going this way. Summer my ass ! I failed to watch the news about another hurricane wiping out the petroleum industry in the gulf...nor can I believe that switching from winter gas to summer gas makes the summer gas variably more expensive...already 25% more so.

+1 2.99 a gal here currently. Brady you actually think there is no greed involved here???:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I seem to remember a company reporting record profits last year Exxon/Mobil ring a bell anyone? Anyone happen to see the ski slope that was built in the middle of the desert over there? I'm not kidding lookup "Mall of Emirates in dubai"

Twin Cities vs. Chicago

http://66.70.86.46/test.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=1&Areas=Chicago,TwinCities,&Unit=US%20$/G

For regular, unleaded. But to just add 20 cents to get the price of premium...oh well...in Chicago it doesn't quite work that way ! More like 25 (at least).

Funny who is quick to defend the gas prices...and blame it on spring fever ! For them, there is a price increase then a huge drop in prices...for us...prices are steady...then up...steady---and up Wonder what is the difference between our gas and their gas ! I also read that Midwest gets its gas from Canadian refineries...yet we are affected.

Twin Cities vs. Chicago vs. New York

http://66.70.86.46/test.gaschart?Country=Canada&Crude=f&Period=1&Areas=Chicago,NewYorkState,TwinCities&Unit=US%20$/G

A couple bucks extra per tank is worth it to me to have the turbo. There's not many other places I can spend just an extra couple bucks per week and get this much fun. :)

+ Anyone happen to see the ski slope that was built in the middle of the desert over there? I'm not kidding lookup "Mall of Emirates in dubai"

Damn KTM, you beat me to it !

http://www.dubai-ski.com/about.html

That's where oil money goes to ! Building ski slopes in the freaking desert for the rich ! You know...I am not a humanitarian, environmentalist or some other socially inclined charitable soul ! But I think the rich Arab royals got enough money to travel to Swiss Alps to ski...and could have used that money to boost social reform or somehow improve the well being for the rest of their country ! Maybe...clean water in the desert outpost ! Or twice a year free medical exams for people over 60 ... A public library ? A new hospital ? Stuff like this...

That's what oil money gets you...ski in the desert ! Imagine the electricity costs to keep that thing at 0* Celsius !

A couple bucks extra per tank is worth it to me to have the turbo. There's not many other places I can spend just an extra couple bucks per week and get this much fun. :)

Marc, my man, it's not about the turbo and about the premium...It is about the greed of corporations and the failed politics.

So if I bought a Toyota Corolla I would have made what...5 extra mpg and paid for regular octane 87. That amounts to what...25 cents per gallon savings ? I can swallow that difference !

But gas prices going up 60 cents in 2 months will affect me and the price per gallon whether I drive a low key Corolla or a spiffy Legacy GT !

They are actually not reporting records with respect to unit profits. It is funny that a lot of you have given in to the hype. If the gas companies sell ten units, and make 2 cents on each, and then 20 units, while still making 2 cents on each unit, they record higher profits. But, they are making the same as the always have, they just have to add more people and grow with this new demand. To you f1anatic, you must live in a dismal world since the US can't control other countries, and that is what you want...

Ted

:spin:

Praedet, you're exactly correct. It's not the amount a profit a company makes as, when you sell twice as much of a product you tend to make twice the profit.

The real issue here is how much profit are oil companies making per unit. If you think 7% is some kind of huge, obscene profit, maybe you should look at companies that sell soft drinks, or coffee. Last time I looked the profit margin on coffee was close to 1200%.

The free market economy works both ways, companies want to make obscene profits, consumers want bargain basement prices. Acme Company Might price it's goods so that it makes profits that would make Croesus green with envy, but if Ace company undercuts them by 10% then Acme will lose most of it's market share. The only way for a company to be profitable, is... surprise, to offer the lowest prices possible for it's goods, even if that means hiring illegal immigrants to harvest crops, thereby driving down the real income of everyone, or shipping jobs overseas to be done where countries have a lower standard of living.

Mph > Mpg

+3, 4, 5, 6...

Hey, my computer says 23.4 avg mpg right now. In a car that can do 0-60 sub 5 seconds, 1/4 mile sub 14 @ 103+, haul alot of crap (wagon), tow my boat and PWC to and from the boat launch each Spring and Fall...what else could I ask for?

By the way, today at Exxon/Mobil, $ 2.67/gal. You guys up near $3.00 are getting raped.

There have been countless investigations into the oil industry, but how many federal actions have been taken against the industry? If you think it's just about money, compare to the tobacco industry. The US is basically the world's supplier of tobacco. It's bigger business than oil. Remember the 7 dwarfs? It was a much different result than any of the oil industry investigations.

As for the $3-4 dollars per gallon thing, well, I just wasn't thinking last night. But seriously, gas prices have hit "record highs" just about every year at this time of year, and every year people shout "conspiracy" from the rooftops. If it was a conspiracy, why just this time of year? Why wouldn't they pull a crazy increase around Halloween to line their pockets to pay for the holidays?

Seriously people, market forces do in fact drive pricing. And no, you as a consumer are not the driving factor. Much more oil is used by industry than we consumers. Not necessarily in the form of pump gasoline, but if oil is being used elsewhere, it drives up the cost of gasoline since gasoline is refined from ... oil.

I think what upsets everyone is that we all know that the gas price increases are complete bulls**t. We all bust our asses to make the crap pay we make, and it's an insult that we have to pay twice the price of what we have been paying just so a few people in the country could get richer at everyone elses expense.

But.... yeah there are too many gas price threads on here.

Archived