LegacyGT.com

KW Variant 2 Coilovers Installed

Chappy

We sell more KW's for Subaru than any other authorized OR un-authorized distributor in North America. If anyone has any questions,..or needs help,..especially on weekends and nights,..let us know, Our regular in store/ shop hours are 10am to 6pm eastern time. Our after hours phone is automatically forwarded for the convenience of our customers.

http://gtworx.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_26_53_205&products_id=1095

Call toll free 888-730-7223 Some one is always available.

Myles, Kelly, Dan, Drew, Mike and Jeff.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if I have the same STi specB pinks that I read about in the past, but they don't feel significantly stiffer than the stock specB springs. Others have described them as being too stiff. I'm a bit confused here...

While I can't buy now, I've been contemplating an upgrade to the KW V2 setup.

As it stands now, the rear feels underdamped. All 4 dampers could use tighter valving, but I don't have the time or money to keep experimenting.

I'm not sure if I have the same STi specB pinks that I read about in the past, but they don't feel significantly stiffer than the stock specB springs. Others have described them as being too stiff. I'm a bit confused here...

While I can't buy now, I've been contemplating an upgrade to the KW V2 setup.

As it stands now, the rear feels underdamped. All 4 dampers could use tighter valving, but I don't have the time or money to keep experimenting.

Max, no problem man, I understand your pain. I now have the V2's coming for the wife's SpecB. Esp with my trip to Road Atlanta tomorrow and later this month Ihave a Panoz race at Sebring and its actually cheaper to drive, since Sebring is out in the middle of no where. I will have them on by then. We have installed many sets on regional Legacy's. I love the valving and spring rates.

Myles

I'm very happy with KW V2 coilovers. Absorbs small bumps pretty well. Very good for daily driving. I can take turns with so much confidence and it won't give a floaty ride. Highly recommended.

Got this from "BoostJunkie". Very good vendor.

hmmm.... sensing a little vendor smack down coming soon:lol:

No smack. I like the folks over at Racecomp just fine. The KW that you can order through me come directly from Auto Talent. You will find them listed on KW's website as one of their authorized dealers. Auto Talent is owned by a good friend and he gives me a good deal on them and I pass the savings along to you guys. He's big with they Euro guys, and I just offered him an "in" for the Suby market.

I fully support all the products I sell. Ask anyone who has ever bought anything from me :icon_cool . The last two posters in this thread both got their KW's from me.:)

Are the bound and rebound adjustable on these. I have a friend who has them on his s2000. May be a different series though. Your before pic looks like you took out the engine. :)

the ones for the GT are V2s.. I think your friend has V3s

Keefe

I fully support all the products I sell. Ask anyone who has ever bought anything from me . The last two posters in this thread both got their KW's from me.

Boostjunkie is da man. Having dealt with many vendors from both the Subaru and Porsche realms, he is among the best to deal with.

• 1 month later...

Keefe, what do you think of the KW2s for autox and track use since from my understanding of this thread they can't be corner weighted? I understand they wouldn't be optimal but I'm just in it for my since in autox, I'm gonna have to run street modified next year. And I'll be using street tires. Would these go nicely with my Cobb sways?

Has anyone had to rebuild these coilovers yet? cost?

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Very pretty.

Btw, How is the adjustment on the rears done. A knob on the top of the shaft? Or is there an extension? (for wagon owners)

I also wonder if coilovers like these have more suspension travel than say Bilstein/Ohlins with Pinks...?

Thanks. Very pretty.

Btw, How is the adjustment on the rears done. A knob on the top of the shaft? Or is there an extension? (for wagon owners)

I also wonder if coilovers like these have more suspension travel than say Bilstein/Ohlins with Pinks...?

Firmness is adjusted by allen wrench at the top of the shaft on all four corners. Mine do 'click' unlike others' previously mentioned in the thread that do not. Can't comment on the travel comparison question.

Thanks. Very pretty.

The suspension travel depends on how you have adjusted the spindles. The dampening is 19 clicks firm to soft with the supplied allen wrench on the front and back.

Finished my install this morning... I still anticipate playing with the firmness settings to see what I like, but the height is spot-on. Initial (and very limited) impressions with the coilovers set 2 from firm on all 4 corners were:

-much more direct steering response, turn the wheel and the car goes,

-little to no dive on heavy braking and similarly little lift on heavy acceleration,

-even set near the firmer end of the spectrum, these coilovers do not beat you up.

So far, I am very impressed.

Archived