LegacyGT.com

One Touch Down for all windows?

Noel

I just bought a 2006 GT LImited and coming from an old unreliable Audi A4, the only feature I miss is that fact that it had one touch down on all of the windows. Could this also be done on the Legacy? Is it as simple as replacing the other three switches with drivers window switches?

Thanks,

Noel

Yea with a relay and some good wiring I am sure it could be done.

This is unecessary though.... There is a special trick Subaru programmed in all the late model Legacy's. You have to hold all 4 window switches in the downward position, wait about 5-8 seconds, then release.

There is a special trick Subaru programmed in all the late model Legacy's. You have to hold all 4 window switches in the downward position, wait about 5-8 seconds, then release.

I guess technically that is still "One touch." :)

Thanks guys.

Yea with a relay and some good wiring I am sure it could be done.

This is unecessary though.... There is a special trick Subaru programmed in all the late model Legacy's. You have to hold all 4 window switches in the downward position, wait about 5-8 seconds, then release.

Oh wow...will try this myself.

I think there should be a section of the forums with all these gadget programming that can be done by the driver and not by the SUbaru Select Tool.

.... There is a special trick Subaru programmed in all the late model Legacy's. You have to hold all 4 window switches in the downward position, wait about 5-8 seconds, then release.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Oh wow...will try this myself.

I think there should be a section of the forums with all these gadget programming that can be done by the driver and not by the SUbaru Select Tool.

Holy crap- you're right- go out and try this tonight guys!

That is the one thing that I miss most from my 90 leg l. It had one touch up and down for the driver only. But I do remember some lawsuites in the mid 90's about the one touch up and it causing injury if not death for some kids and/or pets. I don't exactly remember. I think that is why Subaru and some others are no longer offering it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

That is the one thing that I miss most from my 90 leg l. It had one touch up and down for the driver only. But I do remember some lawsuites in the mid 90's about the one touch up and it causing injury if not death for some kids and/or pets. I don't exactly remember. I think that is why Subaru and some others are no longer offering it.

My Australian 30RB has one touch up and down on the driver window.

I guess law suits are cheaper here ;)

I tried holding all 4 switches down at the same time for greater then 8-10 seconds. The only "one touch" operation is still the drivers window. Does this trick actually program all the windows to work like the drivers window? Did I miss something?

I tried holding all 4 switches down at the same time for greater then 8-10 seconds. The only "one touch" operation is still the drivers window. Does this trick actually program all the windows to work like the drivers window? Did I miss something?

It's a joke...

Didn't you notice all the windows were down after you did this? ;)

It's a joke...

Didn't you notice all the windows were down after you did this? ;)

haha..

as for the lawsuit thing... that's why there's a feature called "pinch protection" if there's excessive resistance on the motor (like something forcing it down while it's trying to go up).. the window will stop working and roll down a bit.. all german cars have it.

i tried holding all 4 window switches in the downward position, I then saw the illumination for the master switch in the drivers door turn off for about 3 seconds, heard a relay click on and off but it didn't work. SOunded like it did, but it didnt. I have a 2006 legacy 2.5 NOT GT so I suck but oh well....is this even possible to have ALL 4 windoes have 1 touch????

Archived