LegacyGT.com

Rallitek SSI Skid Plate Install

I called Rallitek the other day about this. Supposedly it'll be ready end of next month (December). They are making a universal skid plate that'll work with both N/A and turbo cars. It should also fit better with aftermarket headers and cover up more of the underneath stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I called Rallitek the other day about this. Supposedly it'll be ready end of next month (December). They are making a universal skid plate that'll work with both N/A and turbo cars. It should also fit better with aftermarket headers and cover up more of the underneath stuff.

Correct! We expect the plates to arrive from laser cutting any day.

Thanks!

Sean S.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/emailbannerrallitek.jpg

I have gen 1 skidplate, and I am happy with it. That being said, here were some minor issues I had with it:

1. Bend on the "SSI" portion did not provide enough clearance for the O2 sensor. One O2 sensor later, I just modified the bend with my foot for a bit more clearance.

2. Installed the WBR FMIC on sat. Had to trim a tiny bit (~1") on the front sides for the pipes leading to the core. Not Rallitek's fault, and the plate still fits.

Note, this fits Perrin EL headers without any additional spacers.

I have gen 1 skidplate, and I am happy with it. That being said, here were some minor issues I had with it:

1. Bend on the "SSI" portion did not provide enough clearance for the O2 sensor. One O2 sensor later, I just modified the bend with my foot for a bit more clearance.

2. Installed the WBR FMIC on sat. Had to trim a tiny bit (~1") on the front sides for the pipes leading to the core. Not Rallitek's fault, and the plate still fits.

Note, this fits Perrin EL headers without any additional spacers.

Nice. Thanks for the review.

Sean S.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/RTK_Shift_Ad500.jpg

Can't wait for the Gen2 to get into production. My OE skid plate is all chewed up. It's cracked and my header melted the oil filter door off and is starting to warp the rest of it. It's covered in alimunum heat tape at the moment to keep the snow and salt off my header.

Can we pre-order the new ones?

Let's kick this pig!

praedet how you liking the skip plate so far. im thinking of picking one up now that im doing autox. allrdy busted a piece of the plastic undersheild on a cone..lol

Yeah me too. I drive my 2007 like a grandpa...but already noticed some deep scrape marks on the plastic.

I can see how the aluminum plate will be stronger and take more punishment.

Do you have to get that Fujimoto valve for oil changes? Was wondering if anybody has tried an oil change yet using the regular drain plug.

Ideally would like to get to the filter/plug without having to take off the plate. I plan on getting those new covers when available to keep the access holes.

What about the 2 new 13mm bolts? The holes are already there or do you have to drill? I thought there was only 1 bolt in the back for the stock plastic cover.

Hopefully the new design will work for my '07 Legacy wgn 2.5 non-turbo.

Do you have to get that Fujimoto valve for oil changes? Was wondering if anybody has tried an oil change yet using the regular drain plug.

Ideally would like to get to the filter/plug without having to take off the plate. I plan on getting those new covers when available to keep the access holes.

What about the 2 new 13mm bolts? The holes are already there or do you have to drill? I thought there was only 1 bolt in the back for the stock plastic cover.

Valve not necessary, but do be careful when loosening plug. First time I did it, it overshot the hole and had a mess to clean up. Just take your time and the oil will go in the pan.

No drilling necessary to mount this thing.

I don't like to do pre-orders, but this part is due any day, and if you call our customer service dept. @ 1.888.773.1212 we can get you on a list.

I will announce here in this thread (as well as many others i'm sure;)) as soon as I see then arrive at our warehouse.

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/Ad_banner02_700.jpg

I don't like to do pre-orders, but this part is due any day, and if you call our customer service dept. @ 1.888.773.1212 we can get you on a list.

I will announce here in this thread (as well as many others i'm sure;)) as soon as I see then arrive at our warehouse.

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Were you guys still going to offer those access hole covers? I definitely want to keep the access holes but was thinking some sort of rubber grommett would work.

You still ship the spacers when I place the order?

Can't wait for the Gen2 to get into production. My OE skid plate is all chewed up. It's cracked and my header melted the oil filter door off and is starting to warp the rest of it. It's covered in alimunum heat tape at the moment to keep the snow and salt off my header.

Call my customer service dept. to see about the new Gen. I don't think we can take orders for them yet. Our CS dept is open on Monday Dec. 24th for 1/2 day, and again on Wed. Dec. 26th. Toll Free - 1.888.773.1212

I believe we still have the 1st gen skidplates in stock! I am sure customer service will make you a deal on them. We REALLY want them gone.....

Thanks,

Sean S.

Hopefully the new design will work for my '07 Legacy wgn 2.5 non-turbo.

Factory oil plug works great. The hole for the oil drain is cut so oil does not spill out onto the plate as it drains.

You can access the drain plug and the filter without removing our skidplate.

Our skidplates bolt on. No drilling or customizing of any kind. (applies to both Ver1.0 and Ver2.0)

We have desigend our Ver2.0 plate for Legacy to fit all models. Both turbo and non-turbo.

Call in or check the web for pricing. 1.888.773.1212 / www.RalliTEK.com

To check shipping costs, add the skidplate to our shopping cart @ www.RalliTEK.com and just type your zip code in the shipping calculator.

P.S. - We Are a bit overwhelmed with PMs lately. Please call in or email sales@rallitek.com if you need help with a price quote. Ron is trying to get through the PMs as fast as he can. He was out for a bit having his appendix removed. He is still trying to get caught up.

Thank you,

Sean S.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/emailbannerrallitek.jpg

Anybody tried installing this with a floor jack? Looks like the only way to do this is with a shop lift because of the spacers.

I can barely reach the center rear bolt - no way for me to add spacers.

I'm sure the labor wouldn't cost much though to get it installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to add my $.02 to this. I purchased and installed the skid plate along with all my listed upgrades while I was home from Iraq last September. The skid plate looked great and the install was cake even though I knew that I would never be putting my car in a situation where I'd really be needing the benefits of a more solid under body splash guard.

In novemeber I ordered my Albero bumper and had that installed to the tune of nearly $2,000 and the skid plate went right back on and matched up with the bumper quite nicely. A couple of weeksd ago I went to a friends house for a Christmas gathering and I was going to park the car on the side of the snow covered road when all the sudden the car just shifted sideways (I wasn't moving) and slid right into the ditch. I tried everything to get the car out but it was too steep and the surface was too slippery. One of the neighbors hooked up to my rear tie down point and dragged me out backwards and after the initial inspection, I thought the front bumper made it through unscathed however upon further review, I saw that she was actually cracked/torn about 1" on the underside of the bumper.

Bottom line is that if I hadn't had this particular skid plate, my bumper would've been completely ripped off of the car. Great product, worth the price.

Archived