LegacyGT.com

Rallitek SSI Skid Plate Install

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazingly, the flat black paint looks almost as good now as it did when I painted about a year and 13k miles ago :D

If it continues like this, I MIGHT paint every 2-3 years, but who knows. I did not prepare it in anyway since the brushed aluminum is pretty rough already...

Ted

:spin:

• 2 weeks later...
Good wright up It helped way more then the instruction that came with it. I just have a recomendation if you are doing the install your self. If you have a set of 4 jack stands, use 2 on the sac and use the other 2 to hold the back of the skid up while you put in the first 2 bolts. Leave them there till you get the rest of the blots in place. It makes the install so much easier by your self.

• 2 weeks later...

Update; The short answer is that the skid plate will clear the GT Spec Headers but, you need 3 spacers at every mounting point. I purchased some additional nylon spacers the same thickness at my local Ace Hardware. Also had to get longer bolts. I also picked up some stainless steel fender washers to give the bolts more coverage area. I also gave the passenger side "wing" a little tug to give it a bit more clearance. Also have to watch the clearance on the O2 sensor. Overall, pretty good. Certainly better then the cracked, warped piece of plastic I removed.

I know, this post is worthless without pics. If anyone wants some, I'll try to get some in the next few days.!

so it can be made to fit with extra spacers and work. Rallitek should adjust the plate to fit them. No bending. Pics would be great especially for Rallitek. That way they could include the extra spacers and bolts for those that request them.

I am getting a vibration noise that I never got before the install. I am thinking that it is the header and the undercover touching during certain situations when the suspension moves. Anyone else getting this?

TIA,

Anthony

Also this is on my 06 spec B

Archived