LegacyGT.com

Lexus HID headlights

LegacyLexTek

if anyone can get headlight assemblies out of a wrecked lexus 2004-2005 RX330, you can disassemble the headlight and take out the light assembly and it will bolt directly onto the projector housing on the legacy headlight. plus the lexus ecu is tiny and easy to hide. plus you dont have to do to much modification to the legacy headlight. kicks ass. i just checked ebay there are a lot of RX330 headlights for sale. all you need is the ECU and the light, the wiring can be done by a monkey. any questions let me know

74238924_232311692_0.jpg.da1f74595813baadf349e1bd86f2c270.jpg

74239030_232312043_0.jpg.3177dc1b53d6d59bbd551c18b6e93b2e.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that is why these lights get stolen out of these cars more than any other cars. I can't believe the amount of RX330's that I have seen with the headlights missing overnight.

X

---

Yes, that is why these lights get stolen out of these cars more than any other cars. I can't believe the amount of RX330's that I have seen with the headlights missing overnight.

X

yeah tell me about it, i work at a lexus dealership as a tech, we are now installing an anti theft bracket on the RX's

you can disassemble the headlight and take out the light assembly and it will bolt directly onto the projector housing on the legacy headlight.

how about a walk thru? :icon_bigg

This Space For Rent

i've heard this is true, but good to see it confirmed. i would suggest perhaps just getting the projectors and then using a hella gen iv d2s system like i used in my retro for easy wiring and much smaller size. post more pics in the exterior section.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

how about a walk thru? :icon_bigg

basically you take the rx headlight remove the bottom cover 4 screws, remove the HID ecu, 2 screws. disconnect the wires and the bulb. then looking the back of the headlight, the silver cone that the headlight is attached to, is held down with 3 screws, remove the silver cone. and youre done with RX headlight.

remove headlight from sooby. i did it the hard way, by not completely disassembling the headlight, which ever is easier for you do it that way. i installed the silver cone off the lexus without taking the headlight apart. i had to grind down the silver cone around the edges to get it into place. then the hard part was lining up the 3 holes on the silver cone with the holes on the projector housing. if you take the headlight apart by heating the glue and completely tearing it down its alittle easier i tryied both ways because i removed the oragne marker lens. basically the silver cone that holds the HID bulb from the Lexus will screw directly into the projector housing in the subaru headlight.

its almost too easy. i can explain every step but if you just get the parts and look at it, its almost like it was made to be in there. the 2 wires that come off the RX HID ecu are pink and black, the 2 wires that come off the Subaru headlight bulb are pink and black. the back cover even screws back on its that good of a fit.

i know i should have taken more pictures, but i was too busy getting it done.

and i know i suck at explaining things because i am a tech and just do things with the instructions in my mind.

Hah my mom has an rx330 its getting the anti theft device right now... too bad I should have stolen them while it was easy.

it's your mom, just switch them out, she'll never know:icon_bigg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Wait....this is just a bulb/ballast/ignitor retrofit, correct? not a full-optics retrofit?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I think its a full retro, though our OEM cutoff sheild and lens are far better and are not frosted like the lexus, so we would just use some of our oem componets but the projector and bowls are true oem hid and we would use the ballest/ing/bulbs, add a washer or 2 for and bend the shield a little for a sharper cut off and more color at the cut off line.

Wait....this is just a bulb/ballast/ignitor retrofit, correct? not a full-optics retrofit?
Mr.350

Archived