LegacyGT.com

Car and Driver to do show on Legacy GT

My wife has a TSX. I prefer the Legacy GT myself, but the TSX offers a tremendous amount of content and features for a very fair price. If C&D was considering value, then I can see how the Legacy GT got a lower ranking (compared to the TSX at least, not sure how the Volvo would do any better than the Legacy on value....). You're basically looking at a $2400 premium to buy a Legacy GT over a TSX and it comes with a lot fewer features than the TSX. SO if you looked at it apples to apples, it's more like a $3500-4500 difference, depending on how much value you place on HIDs, stability control, etc... I consider AWD to be in the Legacy's favor, but not necessarily for a $4000 premium. Let's face it -- I am thrilled with the Legacy GT and many people here are. But, it has its shortcomings, price probably being the most obvious for many people (personally, I feel like it is a bargain compared to my MSRP=$26K WRX). I am very anxious to get my C&D and see what those boneheads were reasoning.... Craig

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='eatV8']I have seen STOCK Forester XT's run 13.9's at the tracks. The forester is underrated in its power, plus you all have to remember its short gearing. [url]www.subaruforester.com[/url] have a look around.[/quote] Really, because there's a moderator at Subaruforester that said the best he's seen timeslips for is 14.2 There is one guy who ran a 14.4 stock, then removed his intake restrictor and got a 14.15 @ 93 Then he ran a 13.9 and 13.84 @ 96 mph, but someone stated he had lighter aftermarket wheels and some other "mod" that he didn't list. I'm not calling you a liar, but I find it hard to believe that if the FXT's you've SEEN run 13.9's were stock. If you've seen stock FXT's run that times, I'm sure they weren't stock and I'm sure it would of been posted all over the Subaru forums. There just aren't post by anybody I've seen (or searched for) with truly stock FXT's that have gotten those times. Most all the ones that are truly stock are running 14.2 and slower @ 94 mph or LESS. Like I've said before, once I get my LGT and it's broken in, I'm going to find someone with a stock FXT and do a couple runs with and see how they compare. Anyway, this is about the Legacy GT not FXT, I (we) should not hijack this thread.

[quote name='c_hunter']My wife has a TSX. I prefer the Legacy GT myself, but the TSX offers a tremendous amount of content and features for a very fair price. If C&D was considering value, then I can see how the Legacy GT got a lower ranking (compared to the TSX at least, not sure how the Volvo would do any better than the Legacy on value....). You're basically looking at a $2400 premium to buy a Legacy GT over a TSX and it comes with a lot fewer features than the TSX. SO if you looked at it apples to apples, it's more like a $3500-4500 difference, depending on how much value you place on HIDs, stability control, etc... I consider AWD to be in the Legacy's favor, but not necessarily for a $4000 premium. Let's face it -- I am thrilled with the Legacy GT and many people here are. But, it has its shortcomings, price probably being the most obvious for many people (personally, I feel like it is a bargain compared to my MSRP=$26K WRX). I am very anxious to get my C&D and see what those boneheads were reasoning.... Craig[/quote] not just AWD, also C&D Jan 04 "we wouldn't mind if the TSX had just a little more punch. Its 2.4-liter DOHC 16-valve four is rated for 200 horsepower and 166 pound-feet of torque. Mated with the standard six-speed manual, that's enough to produce 0-to-60 sprints in the low-seven-second range," with the LGT tested at 5.7 0-60, with 50 more hp and 84(!!) more pound-feet of torque it really shouldn't be compared to the TSX in terms of value and dollars. It seems to me that the proper comparitor for the TSX is the Legacy 2.5 i Ltd.

I don't want the GT to do well in magazine reviews to inflate my ego here. I'm more worried what may happen if the car gets constantly trashed in mag reviews and sales suffer. Both second opinions in the Edmunds.com review took digs at the car for being a 30k Subaru. No other reason, just that it was a Subaru. I don't want to see the GT in the US market go the way of the SVX, that would be going back to the dark ages...

I think a lot you of you are just being sore losers. C&D is not out to get Subaru. In fact, they have spoken very highly of the WRX and WRX STi in the past. Other mags. rave about the WRX STi as well. Everything I read about the WRX STi is postive for the most part. By the way, there are loads of TSX's on the road. TL's and MDX's as well. Acura makes nice cars and they are priced competitively.

[quote name='bigbadboss101']At TSX.com someone scanned in part of the article and ratings: [url]http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?p=251786#post251786[/url][/quote] I like the TSX, but I can't believe how excited some of the people on that forum got, saying it "crushed" and "stomped" the competition. Really, it seems that C&D just thought it a better overall package. It is very clear the LGT was doing all the "crushing" and "stomp"ing. Those guys should not get so excited, I just sold my 95 Legend 5 speed, there is NO way I will step DOWN to a strung out 15.9 second car. My Legend was getting 15.0 flat off the bottle, haha, my old Luxury Sedan could stomp on a TSX :wink: what a bummer..... maybe it will be easier to get a LGT that I want when I get back home now that everyone will be "rushing" to buy the almighty TSX.

I agree, I was going to log onto the TSX forum and question them with their "stomping" and "crushing" comments. At least some of them were wise enough to be surprised that the LGT didn't finish higher. And as I said before, I'd welcome ANY Acura TSX owner to ANY kind of challenge between the two cars. They can have the "win" from the obviously none enthusiast and DRIVING related journalists at C & D, but in the real world, the LGT would be doing the "crushing" and "stomping" on all those cars, even though it's interior is a 1/2 step down. They tested 3 "premium" nameplates against the everyday Subaru too. I know Subaru wants to think of the LGT Limited as a competitor to the BMW and Audi, but realistically it's competition is these cars: Honda Accord V6 Nissan Altima SE Mazda 6 s Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Toyota Camry SE VW Passat V6 It's just a bonus that Subaru is the only one that offers AWD standard. And the only other car that even offers it is the Passat. Those are the $26-30K true competitors of the Subaru Legacy GT. The other 3 cars in that tests true competitors are: Lexus IS 300 BMW 325i Saab 9-3 Cadillac CTS Infiniti G35 Jaguar X-Type Mercedes Benz C class The Subaru LGT was misplaced and we could go on and on about how the LGT was wronged by C and D's obvious lack of interest in performance. But I can say without a DOUBT that EVERY single Acura TSX owner and driver who has even the smallest bit of car enthuiast in him will absolutely KNOW for a FACT, he would get CREAMED by the LGT in any performance contest. So let them soak in their C & D win...because they will be cowering in fear the first time they pull up alongside an LGT on ANY road or track!

:roll: Let's stop with the "my engine is bigger than your engine," "my dad can beat up your dad," "I'll beat you in a race in back to the school gym" stuff. The article made clear that pure speed and acceleration were not decisive. The editors concern was aesthetics, the experience, etc, etc I'm also tired of reading comments about C&D's advertising income from different makers. The mag LOVED the wrx and the forester xt. Has Subaru cut its ad budget lately? These ratings reflect the perceptions and values of the editors who produced them. We should note that in the wrx, 330xi, s4 comparo two of the editors ranked the wrx first irrespective of price, but the third editor ranked it LAST because of its interior. It takes all kinds. I agree with the comment that the tighter JDM suspension likely helped the legacy become Japanese car of the year. I also think better tires would help here. Coming from a wrx I must say that I haven't been happy with the body roll on the LGT. It's liveable, but I felt better with less roll. Maybe I'll do something about that and maybe not. Fact is, I ONLY buy AWD. That's been my policy for about 20 years. So those other cars don't even come onto my list of possibilities. I suppose an awd volvo might, but really?? Anyway, get over it! [sorry for the double post but these two threads should be combined]

Yeah, guys, relax! How any comparo comes out is going to depend on the particular mix of people doing the voting. We all have our different criteria. The TSX is a nice enough vehicle. I do disagree with Driver72 about if the Legacy is a legit competitor to the other vehicles--of course it is! You really see an Acura as a huge step up prestige wise or something? And see a Cadillac or a Saab as more so of a competitor? I feel my legacy compares just fine with a volvo or acura myself... One could argue I suppose that MB, BMW and Jaguar perhaps were a rung up, but the others are all within reach/on another tier...

[quote name='scubie02']Yeah, guys, relax! How any comparo comes out is going to depend on the particular mix of people doing the voting. We all have our different criteria. The TSX is a nice enough vehicle. I do disagree with Driver72 about if the Legacy is a legit competitor to the other vehicles--of course it is! You really see an Acura as a huge step up prestige wise or something? And see a Cadillac or a Saab as more so of a competitor? I feel my legacy compares just fine with a volvo or acura myself... One could argue I suppose that MB, BMW and Jaguar perhaps were a rung up, but the others are all within reach/on another tier...[/quote] Acura and Saab are "premium" labels. Subaru is not. The Subaru is priced in the area of the cars I listed them with above. The "premium" brand cars are all listed in about the same price category or a price level up, with the exception of the TSX. I would NOT put the Subaru in the same category since it is "Not" considered a "premium" label. True the TSX is on the low side of the "premium" label, but it's still Honda's premium label. Someone shopping an Audi, BMW, Volvo, are NOT going to be cross shopping a Subaru. Even people shopping Acura and Infiniti will most likely NOT cross shop Subaru. Now people shopping for Honda, Toyota, VW, and Nissan WILL more often give Subaru a look and compare it to the cars like the Passat, Accord, etc. The Subaru is priced SQUARELY in the middle of the price of these cars. It's NOT priced with equally equipped BMW, Audi, Volvo's, Infiniti's, etc.

Um, Driver72, you might want to be a little more open minded. I've seen quite a few people coming in from the brands you mentioned people will NOT be looking at Subaru for a comparo, but I've seen less people coming from the brands people WILL compare with Subaru. I've been around here a bit longer and have seen a number of former Acura, Audi, BMW, and a few Volvo, as well as VW also. There are a few Nissan and Honda owners, though they generally come from the more performance models like the Ludes and Mazimas. The more generics like Camrys and Accords we see far less interest from considering those buyers generally appear to know what they want and many times are repeat and dedicated buyers of those brands. Seen a number of to be G35 owners get LGT's instead also. So I wouldn't judge just yet. There are a lot of cards switching hands right now and while I won't call Subaru a premium manufacturer per say, they are more often being compared to models a distance above them for content and specification.

[quote name='Driver72'] [b]Someone shopping an Audi, BMW, Volvo, are NOT going to be cross shopping a Subaru.[/b]Even people shopping Acura and Infiniti will most likely NOT cross shop Subaru. Now people shopping for Honda, Toyota, VW, and Nissan WILL more often give Subaru a look and compare it to the cars like the Passat, Accord, etc. The Subaru is priced SQUARELY in the middle of the price of these cars. It's NOT priced with equally equipped BMW, Audi, Volvo's, Infiniti's, etc.[/quote] My partner's wife needed a new wagon. She has driven Volvo wagons for many years. She would not even consider a (lowly) Subaru, he told me. On the other hand, she was unhappy she couldn't get awd and a manual from volvo. I talked to her about the LGT, sent her 4 emails with attachments and information, and she's now driving a 5mt LGT wagon. So even volvo drivers can change their minds, and see the value of the subie. On the other hand, most of them wont have the attention I gave or the information and question answering. I guess this means it'll be a slow growth story as owners spread the word.

[quote name='jk']The mag LOVED the wrx and the forester xt. [sorry for the double post but these two threads should be combined][/quote] Actually, Car and Driver didn't like the Forester XT too much. Read their write up about it in the August 2003 issue. In the "counterpoints" section, two of the three would choose the WRX wagon over it. One editor questioned why the FXT was even made. You also have to consider the FXT is a performance stand out for the price and the choices in it's category are slim. Not so with the LGT, where there are sedans abound in the $26-30K range many offering near, at, or above performance for near, at or slightly above the price. The editors and others also think the FXT looks, in their words, "dorky" or soccer mom-ish. I'm not putting the FXT down, I considered getting the FXT when it came out. But after looking at it more in person, I agreed, it isn't the best looking thing, appears a bit like a square Volvo-ish "family wagon" like and isn't offered in leather with a manual. Car and Driver did what everyone did with the WRX. It blazed a trail and set new performance standards for the price. It's hard NOT to love that. Nobody in their right minds could of said, "ahhh the WRX is boring, it's slow, it isn't any fun to drive, etc etc" Of course they would be laughed out of business for that. The LGT isn't blazing any new trails. It's a HUGE improvement for Subaru and when compared to other cars in it's class (Accord, Camry, Altima, Passat) it IS a performance leader and offers AWD standard). Even though in this C & D test, it's numbers don't show it (this car probably had a green engine and was tested in the peak summer heat) the LGT is faster than the WRX in every way. Anybody whose driven both can tell you that, and every owner of a WRX who went to an LGT can tell you that. I think Subaru made a BIG mistake trying to market this car against "premium" name cars. It's looked at as a performance leader, but bottom of the pack to the premium cars in name, features, and fit and finish. If they marketed it against it's TRUE competition, it would be a STAND OUT in nearly EVERY category and therefore garnish more respect and admiration from the auto journalists. And that brings more sales!

It seems to me that Subaru has succeeded with the new Legacy by the simple fact they ARE being compared to Acura, Volvo and Audi. In the past, Subarus have not been great sellers in the US, but with the WRX, STi and now the new Legacy, they are gaining ground quite well. I seriously doubt that Subaru expected to "win" in the US in the first year, and I would imagine that they are feeling pretty good to be a contender. I am impressed at the risk they have taken to bring a unique and very nice car to the US. And because of that, they will be getting my business.

Looking at the test results, the Legacy did well in the Powertrain section and okay in the Vehicle section. Where it lost a lot of points was in the Chassis area -- why did it score so low relative to the other vehicles? [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/jcg878/Random%20pics/canddcomparison2.jpg[/img] Ken

I agree with the LGT not being as ground breaking as the WRX. I think it was a good car for Subaru to make, because we see how many WRX drivers are switching over now, or want to. They are looking for something still performance oriented, but with more class. LGT is reborn. Personally I didn't get the wrx because i couldn't stand the interior. Its an amazing car, my roomate used to have one, but i just was never down with the inside. But when the wrx first came out, it was compared with the 3-series and the A4...no one seemed to mind that then. The thing with the test. Its based on too many things. Its not just how ground breaking the car is. Lets be honest, the tsx is an accord. Its sold in europe as an accord. What is so ground breaking about that? Slap a new name on it, and make it a new car...not really.

[quote name='Driver72']I think Subaru made a BIG mistake trying to market this car against "premium" name cars. It's looked at as a performance leader, but bottom of the pack to the premium cars in name, features, and fit and finish. If they marketed it against it's TRUE competition, it would be a STAND OUT in nearly EVERY category and therefore garnish more respect and admiration from the auto journalists. And that brings more sales![/quote] And your telling me a glorified Honda is a luxury car :lol: very funny. - Mike

They said that the TSX fronts seats needed more padding, yet when they rated the comfort of the front seats they gave it a 10. Ummmm????? Doesn't make much sense. And why the hell would they use a regular Legacy GT instead of a GT Limited, the price of the every other car in that comparison is either the price of the GT Limited or more. Again doesn't make sense. I see it as an advertising scheme of Honda's. - Mike

Wait... If they used a regular GT, not a Limited, then it's not a $30k car. Any way you slice it. The regular GT is a $26k car. Nice to be compared, but now they're really doing apples to oranges. I really can't wait for the mail to get here now to find all the inconcistencies. That and that bank getaway car quote is really a shot below the belt. Throwing crime into a cars list of good uses is just wrong.

[quote name='SUBE555']Throwing crime into a cars list of good uses is just wrong.[/quote] With partners like these below, I can't see how they could associate crime and Subaru together - what a disgrace [quote] [b]American Association of Snowboard Instructors[/b] [url]www.aasi.org[/url] The American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the sport of snowboarding through instruction. Snowboarders benefit from educational training and safety instruction throughout the year. Subaru is proud to be the official vehicle of AASI. [b]Telluride Ski Resort[/b] [url]www.tellurideskiresort.com[/url] Subaru is proud to be the Official Vehicle of Telluride Ski Resort. Telluride is the perfect blend of pure mountain splendor, historic charm, world-class skiing, and unsurpassable beauty. It has over 1,700 acres of skiable acres and 84 total trails. [b]National Ski Patrol[/b] [url]www.nsp.org[/url] Subaru is proud to be the official vehicle of the NSP, a nonprofit organization headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado dedicated to serving the public and the ski industry by providing education on emergency care and safety. [b]Professional Ski Instructors of America[/b] [url]www.psia.org[/url] Subaru is proud to be the official vehicle and a major sponsor of the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA). Thousands of ski instructors in the U.S. benefit from the education and training programs of the PSIA, a nonprofit association dedicated to promoting the sport of skiing through ski instruction. [b]Subaru Factory Team[/b] [url]www.dreamofit.com[/url] Subaru is the proud title sponsor of the Subaru Factory Team, the most successful cross-country skiing team in America. The team is made up of Olympians, National Champions, Olympic hopefuls and stars of the future. The Subaru Factory Team competes in more than fifty events in thirty locations around the world. [b]Subaru-Swix Technical Force Team[/b] [url]www.swixsport.com[/url] Swix Sport U.S.A., Inc. (Swix) and Subaru of America, Inc. have formed the Subaru/Swix Technical Force (SSTFT) program. The SSTFT will be present at events nationwide including alpine, snowboard and cross-country venues, educating skiers and snowboarders on the latest wax tips and techniques. As part of the promotion, Subaru has been named the "Official Vehicle" of the Subaru/Swix Technical Force Team and Swix Sport U.S.A, Inc. Swix is the leading worldwide supplier of ski and snowboard waxes. In addition to waxing and tuning products, the company also offers a full line of Alpine and Nordic ski poles. Swix also produces technical clothing, hats and gloves. [b]Subaru-Nordica Service Team[/b] [url]www.nordica.com[/url] Subaru and Nordica have joined forces to create a revolutionary program called the Subaru-Nordica Service Team (SNST). The SNST are strategically positioned around the country and will be attending hundreds of events this ski season. The SNST program is designed to offer the highest level of service in the industry for all of Nordica customers as well as to give skier's across the nation an opportunity to try Nordica boots and skis. Nordica has been America's premier winter sports supplier of high quality alpine skis and alpine ski boots for the past 50 years. Each SNST member will be easily recognized in a 2005 Subaru Outback (the Official Vehicle of the Subaru-Nordica Service Team). With the Subaru Symmetrical All- Wheel Drive technology and Nordica's unparalleled skiing history, the Subaru-Nordica Service Team will be mastering snowy conditions on and off the hill all season [b]National Brotherhood of Skiers[/b] [url]www.nbs.org[/url] Subaru of America, Inc. has joined hands with the National Brotherhood of Skiers (NBS) in support of its mission to identify, develop, and support athletes of color who will win international and Olympic winter sports competitions representing the United States. The NBS goal is to have broader ethnic representation on the US Olympic winter sports teams. To that end, we provide encouragement, training, and financial support to develop young skiers and snowboarders who are elite-level competitive athletes. [b]American Canoe Association[/b] [url]www.acanet.org[/url] Subaru is proud to be the official vehicle of the American Canoe Association — the nation's premier canoeing, kayaking and rafting organization. Founded in 1880 and now boasting over 50,000 members, the ACA is the oldest and largest recreation-based conservation organization in the U.S. The ACA is dedicated to promoting and improving recreational paddlesports through its mission-based work including waterway access and conservation, safety education, instruction and competition. [b]Dagger[/b] [url]http://www.dagger.com/[/url] Subaru is proud to be the official vehicle of Dagger who designs and builds canoes, kayaks, composite kayaks, composite canoes and world-class slalom and white-water racing boats. "Wherever there's water" is their philosophy and it shows in the wide range of high-end paddling products that they supply to the world. [b]Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics[/b] [url]www.lnt.org[/url] Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics (LNT) is a nonprofit organization based in Boulder, CO that promotes and inspires responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships. Subaru is a principle partner of Leave No Trace helping to preserve our nation's treasured natural resources by providing resources to put education in motion. Throughout the year, the Subaru-Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers will visit nationwide attending over 250 events where they will educate the public about the 7 LNT principles. Please visit their website to see where they're headed next. Subaru is proud to be the official vehicle of the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics. [b]International Mountain Bicycling Association[/b] [url]www.imba.com[/url] Subaru is proud to be the official vehicle of the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA), a nonprofit organization based in Boulder, CO. Subaru sponsors the Subaru-IMBA Trail Care Crews - two teams that travel across the country in Subaru Outbacks encouraging responsible off-road cycling, supporting volunteer trailwork and promoting cooperation among trail users. [b]Subaru-Gary Fisher Mountain Bike Team[/b] [url]www.fisherbikes.com/team[/url] Subaru is the official vehicle of the Subaru Gary Fisher Mountain Bike Racing Team. The All-Wheel Drive Subaru Legacy GT wagons will transport the team with confidence and control in all conditions throughout their racing season. In 1974 Gary Fisher created the first reliable, low-maintenance mountain bike. Today, Gary Fisher Bicycles is one of the world’s leading brands of performance bikes. Subaru and Gary Fisher have three main commonalties - both work hard, play hard, while having fun doing it! [b]United States Postal Service Pro Cycling Team[/b] [url]www.uspsprocycling.com[/url] The United States Postal Service Pro Cycling Team is the only American-based team ever to win the sport's premier event, the Tour de France. The USPS team is led by the sport's preeminent figure and one of the world's best-known and admired athletes, Lance Armstrong. [b]The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA)[/b] [url]www.SCCA.org[/url] The Subaru Impreza, a popular choice among SCCA competitors, has been victorious in many SCCA events since 1998. The next logical move for Subaru was to create a partnership and become an official sponsor of the Sports Car Club of America. As a result of this unique partnership, owners of the high-performance 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX and Sti models will receive a complimentary membership to the SCCA, in return the SCCA will welcome more than 10,000 new members to their organization. [b]Subaru Rally Support Program[/b] [url]www.Rally.Subaru.com[/url] Initiated for the 2004 season, the Subaru Rally Support Program was established by Subaru of America in an effort to support private Subaru rally entrants and maintain a presence within the SCCA ProRally Championship. Through this program, Subaru maintains the highest total contingency payout for Subaru rally entrants in the Group N and Production GT classes, as well as at selected ClubRally events. Additionally, the program includes a Subaru Rally Parts Support Truck which will be present at most ProRally events and make available for purchase a specialized inventory of genuine Subaru parts for competition use. [b]Subaru World Rally Team[/b] [url]www.swrt.com[/url] Over the years, Subaru has consistently fielded one of the most successful teams in the FIA World Rally Championship Series. Meet the members of the Subaru World Rally Team and Check the Rally race Schedule -- our World Rally drivers are history in the making. [b]American Association For The Advancement Of Science[/b] [url]www.aaas.org[/url] With more than 138,000 members and 275 affiliated societies, AAAS serves as an authoritative source for information on the latest developments in science. Subaru's sponsorship highlights our advanced design of all-wheel drive technology to our target markets and underscores Subaru's commitment to further science, engineering and technology education both at the annual meeting and programs throughout the year. [b] American Speech-Language-Hearing Association[/b] [url]www.asha.org[/url] With one in every six Americans living with a speech, hearing, or language disorder, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) has set forth to ensure these individuals have access to quality services which can help them communicate more effectively. Toward this end, ASHA has become the national professional, scientific, and credentialing association for more than 103,000 audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Subaru is proud to be the exclusive automotive sponsor ASHA. [b]Geological Society Of America[/b] [url]www.geosociety.org[/url] Established in 1888, The Geological Society of America (GSA) provides education and information essential to the professional growth of earth scientists at all levels of expertise and from all sectors: academic, government, business and industry. The GSA/Subaru of America partnership funds a portion of annual meeting expenses, enhances member services and provides critical funding for other GSA priority programs. [b]Mount Washington Observatory[/b] [url]www.mountwashington.org[/url] Subaru of America, Inc. has been a proud sponsor of Mount Washington Observatory since 1994 and the Weather Discovery Center, the only weather museum of its kind. Through the support of Subaru, the Mount Washington Observatory has developed new outreach programs for school and civic groups. A Subaru weathermobile travels to schools and other venues bringing interactive weather demonstrations to New England and beyond. [b]The Weather Notebook On Public Radio[/b] [url]http://www.weathernotebook.org[/url] Subaru underwrites this national, daily radio program produced by the staff of the Mount Washington Observatory. Host Dave Thurlow weaves his extensive knowledge about weather along with humor and folk lore into each segment. Over 200 stations across the U.S. receive The Weather Notebook via the Public Radio Satellite System. [b]Greensgrow Philadelphia Project[/b] [url]www.greensgrow.org[/url] Greensgrow Philadelphia Project is an experiment in urban farming. The farm was built on the site of an abandoned galvanized steel plant. Their mission-here and all over Philadelphia-is the redevelopment of abandoned land parcels (or "brownfields") as green businesses. Every year they harvest thousands of pounds of gourmet vegetables that are served at Philadelphia’s finest dining establishments. Every year they welcome visitors and students who want to learn more about urban agriculture. And every year Greensgrow’s annuals, perennials, vegetable plants and flowers find their way into homes, gardens and public spaces across the city. At Greensgrow they truly reap what we sow. Greensgrow Philadelphia Project’s home-the Greensgrow Farm in Kensington-is just five minutes from Center city Philadelphia. A former brownfield site, it was cleaned up by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It sat empty for eight years until they took it over in March 1998. [b]Pennsylvania Horticultural Society[/b] [url]www.pennsylvaniahorticulturalsociety.org[/url] The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society motivates people to improve the quality of life and create a sense of community through horticulture. In addition to being the Premiere Sponsor & Official Automobile of the Philadelphia Flower Show, Subaru of America also supports community greening programs and local garden shows throughout the year. [b]Rainbow Endowment[/b] [url]www.rainbowcard.com[/url] Subaru is the founding sponsor of the Rainbow Endowment, a nonprofit organization chaired by Martina Navratilova. This organization funds causes related to the arts, culture and health care issues like AIDS and breast cancer. [b]Japan America Society[/b] [url]www.jasgp.org[/url] The Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia is devoted to fostering relationships between Americans and Japanese by promoting and encouraging a better understanding of the business, cultural, social, educational and political practices and customs of Japan and the United States. As the American branch of a Japanese company, Subaru of America, Inc. is honored to be the title sponsor of the JASGP’s Cherry Blossom Festival. With its strong roots in the Philadelphia area, Subaru is proud to give back to the local community through this weeklong celebration. [b]The National Gardening Association (NGA)[/b] [url]www.garden.org[/url] Subaru is proud to be the official vehicle of National Garden Month and The National Gardening Association (NGA), a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the benefits of gardening. As two like-minded organizations, we believe in the power of gardening to transform environments, individuals and communities. Gardening is one of the most popular leisure outdoor activities. More than 85 million American households participate in lawn and garden activities. [b]Lance Armstrong Foundation[/b] [url]www.laf.org[/url] The Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF) exists to enhance the quality of life for those living with, through, and beyond cancer. Founded in 1997 by cancer survivor and champion cyclist Lance Armstrong, the LAF seeks to promote the optimal physical, psychological, social recovery and care of cancer survivors and their loved ones. Subaru is proud to be a corporate partner with the Lance Armstrong Foundation. [b]American Veterinary Medical Association[/b] [url]www.avma.org[/url] Subaru is proud to sponsor the American Veterinary Medical Association Annual Convention and be Presenting Sponsor of the Life Experience Sessions. This interactive session provides attendees with insight to overcoming obstacles in balancing both personal and professional life. Subaru values the contribution that veterinarians make to our society, and acknowledges the important role they play in our communities. [/quote] - Mike

Archived