LegacyGT.com

UnderCover SRT4?

Had to share this from NASIOC!!!

"OK so me and my buddies was driving home from boston. We were 5 cars deep and then a SRT4 pulls up beside me and revs then pulls away so i say wth and just kept going then he slows down and looks at me. I look at him and hung with him for awhile then he starts to downshift so i go along with him. 5mins later 5 staties pulled all our cars over. Damn SRT4 was a undercover cop. Got slapped with a $500 ticket... http://images.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/mad.gif"

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964898

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is VERY common here is FL....

The rule is.....if you cannot see who is driving......NO RACIE;)

The officer cannot be in street clothes...he must be in uniform.

I have had a officer in a M3 try me one time......Just smiled & kept it on cruise....I4!

A little further down the I4 he had a Riced out Civic pulled over:lol:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

+1 entrapment. Thing with entrapment is that you have to prove that you wouldn't have done it in the first place until they entrapped you. It's like an undercover selling you drugs. You'd have to prove that you weren't gonna buy any drugs to begin with & the cop baited you into buying some. Hard to prove when you went to the place where they sell drugs.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiropractor2Be

To bad MOPAR does not make a stage 4. http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

MOPAR stage 4 is a halucinogenic drug to make you think you're going faster than you really are.

MOPAR stage 5 is a professional driving course.

ROFL. This is hillarious!

WTLW ---> http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16408&highlight=undercover

;) There's all kinds - WRXs, SRT4s, Mustangs, F-bodies.

Pick your battles carefully!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

In NY, if you get DWI they TAKE your car. So it can be done. Same thing if you're involved in a drug bust. They confiscate your car
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Well a DWI is totally different then downshifting and hitting your gas for a second.

I can understand that them taking a car b/c you are doing something illegal the moment you turn the key and drive that car.

Since when is accelerating illegal? So I can leave the line and go full throttle up to 65 MPH on the highway if I am alone, but if there is a car next to me doing the exact same thing it is considered racing and they can now take your car???????

Technically in both cases you were never speeding since the posted limit is 65 MPH.

I am not saying I promote street racing, I am just saying taking your car is a rediculous punishment for the same crime that a $100 speeding ticket is used for if you were doing it alone.

I heard about them taking your car a long time ago. You get your car taken away for racing one day and the next day your car is pulling other people over.

They won't really have a hard time fighting entrapment. The fact that the dude responded to the SRT-4's rev is proof enough that he was ready and willing to race. If a cop comes up to you undercover and says "hey, wanna buy some meth?" and you pony out the bucks, then that isn't entrapment. If you say no and they keep pushing it on you, then it is a different story. When this dude responded to the first suggestion of a race he pretty much screwed himself. The cops in his area are obviously profiling cars that look ready and willing to break the law and then gently baiting them to prove they have no qualms about street racing. Personally I encourage that and hope that more of these punks who think residential neigborhoods are their own private drag strips get their cars taken away. Go as fast as you want on the freeway, but when there are stop lights involved there are also pedestrians involved. I've got no pity for guys who race in town and get their cars taken away.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

See there is a thin line between Street racing and accelerating. If a cop ever tried to take my car after baiting me and all I did was downshift and give it a little gas that isn't racing. If I were weaving in and out of traffic at 100 mph then that is racing. I have punched it on a downshift a lot of times on the highway, but that might even be to just pass someone.

They have to have concrete evidence that I was RACING. As I am sure they did in this case. This just scares me as a consumer that I could be just having a little fun and punch it up to 80 MPH from 60 and lose my car b/c a cop called it "racing"

Well my buddy responded and he said it isn't entrapment. Entrapment can only apply to criminal charges and this is a motor vehicle violation.

He said the only creative defense you could maybe use on this is outragous police conduct but that is a slim chance too.

Basically there isn't much to go on he said. If you are caught drag racing then the police can do almost anything to you since there are such open laws on that they can get away with anything. Like taking your car.

See there is a thin line between Street racing and accelerating. If a cop ever tried to take my car after baiting me and all I did was downshift and give it a little gas that isn't racing. If I were weaving in and out of traffic at 100 mph then that is racing. I have punched it on a downshift a lot of times on the highway, but that might even be to just pass someone.

They have to have concrete evidence that I was RACING. As I am sure they did in this case. This just scares me as a consumer that I could be just having a little fun and punch it up to 80 MPH from 60 and lose my car b/c a cop called it "racing"

If the authorities abuse this practice they will eventually end up with a population that is very unfriendly to the Police who are using this tactic to raise revenues. If a large portion of the population of a city or state really wanted to, they could make life very perilous for a corrupt police force. Law enforcement organizations will continue to abuse their authority as long as the courts and the people will let them. Even if the courts would let them continue, a little bit of violent insurection might make them change their ways.

"Trying to get away from a car that was driving aggressively and dangerously beside me..." Car paces you, then accelerates and the brakes and comes beside you again?

That could be damn scary to some folks.

What would have happened if the car crashed into somebody because of the race? When two cars are racing and one crashes, the other guy is also blamed for racing... Would the cop be brought up on charges?

Archived