LegacyGT.com

Using Navigation While Driving

2006Specb122

Has anyone found a way around the feature that disables the navigation while driving? I mean I love that they're trying to be safe and all but it bothers me that I can't input a simple address while I'm in route. Things constantly change while I'm in the car and I have to pull off the freeway just to input a new address. PLEASE HELP!

My buddy has a new accord and there is no such disabling of his functions while the care is moving. In fact I'm always entering in the info while we drive together.

In the Legacy I can't even have a passenger enter the info while we drive.

Thanks

I think in some states it is illegal for the screen to be active while you are driving. I am sure there is a way around it. It might not be legal though.

Every Honda/Acura allows interaction with the NAV whether the car is on, off, moving, stationary, whatever. You just have to "OK" past an initial disclaimer screen.

It's hard to believe that Honda would sell cars with illegal NAV.

It's CYA by lawyers. The system in the Corvette won't even let you enter it while stationary but in gear.

The Garmin systems come in "safe" mode but can then be reset. The models we have also include a remote control as well as touch screen.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Again.. .there should be a way around it. They should link it to the sensor in the passenger seat that is used for the airbag. IF there is a passenger it should let them use the nav while you drive.

What's next? A device that will cancel out the cell phone coverage while the car is moving?

Again.. .there should be a way around it. They should link it to the sensor in the passenger seat that is used for the airbag. IF there is a passenger it should let them use the nav while you drive.

What's next? A device that will cancel out the cell phone coverage while the car is moving?

I have actually heard the cell phone thing seriously discussed.

-Allen

I have actually heard the cell phone thing seriously discussed.

-Allen

That could never happen. Cell phone jammers are highly illegal. Cell phones operate on licensed frequencies, and nobody but the license holder (the cell phone company) is allowed to transmit at that frequency.

SOA and the government both have the same opinion about consumers. That is, that we're just too stupid and need saving from ourselves and that they know what's better for us then we do.

in the litigious society we live in, they might be right.

dR

that's why I much prefer my GPS receiver + Palm TX combo. it's way better than a car's IMHO. Portable, scaleable, I can switch to any maps, use my address book, surf the web, take it along to travel, cheaper.... only thing is the car didn't have aux jack otherwise, it will speak through the car's system and play MP3/movies too! Oh yes, I can even have Angelin Jolie's voice direction too. :D

dam that sucks. its just yet another reason to not buy the OE nav and to go with a aftermarket nav. not to mention aftermarket is alot cheaper, and would look better.

Got to disagree with you on the "LOOKS BETTER" deal. I don't know how I could make an aftermarket system look better. Besides the full screen navigations are just as expensive as the option for the LGT and besides the Spec b. only came one way.

Are you sure you want Angelina Jolie giving you directions? You might end up in an ancient Egyptian tomb in the middle of a gunfight! :lol:

I would want her giving me directions I woudl just ask her to lead me to her house. Actually it would be distracting I'd be listening to her way too much. Is that really an option for some aftermarket systems?

IF so... anyone want to buy all the factory stuff.. I got to get me that!

Got to disagree with you on the "LOOKS BETTER" deal. I don't know how I could make an aftermarket system look better. Besides the full screen navigations are just as expensive as the option for the LGT and besides the Spec b. only came one way.

I agree. The stock NAV looks great. That is why I wish there was an AV in for it. I am not sure if the screen is Hi Res though. Hmmm....will have to research that.

• 1 month later...
Safety is great but the fact that I can't get directions unless the car is completely stopped is aweful! What if I have a passenger in the car and they want to search for something or change our route... it is all blocked out except for previous destinations. I need a way around this!

• 1 year later...

Archived