LegacyGT.com

LGT and Miata owners

That person is my bud. He can do it that dman fast. He's the one that port and polished my motor and put in new valves/valve springs. I'm hoping he'll be able to do something with my Legacy. In return I'm letting him buy my Spyder. That should be good for something.

Of course I'm bias also! Haven't driven a Miata... Only sat passenger in a few. The 1zz motor in general is crappy but slap on a turbo and you get some extreme power.

Watching the Gumball 3000 though makes me think I need a car with a high top speed although I'm sure I'll never get to use it. The 1zz will top out at about 138 mph due to gearing. Theoretical top speed for my car if you have enough power should be 175 or so.

In Houston you can't drive 90hp fast haha. When I left this town people hauled a$$.

Dmanit... tonight I found two 17x7.5 50mm offset SSR Comps for 300 bucks (345 shipped with couple of 225/45/17 tyres). Just can't find the other two wheels. Tire Rack seems like a no go, but I'll give them a call.

Yes I tried fitting into the 2006, but while the leg and shoulder room increase a tad-and I mean a tad, their was no improvement in head room. The seats have hardly any seat foam, so that old remedy is a no-go, and they have an airbag on the sides making swaping out tough. Hence, I think I'm SOL.

For some reason Subaru and Mazda go well together.

I recently got an 06 legacy gt as my daily driver and my wife has a 97 M Edition Miata as her daily/autocrosser.

We actually just got done putting on some koni yellows on the car, and I have a roll bar sitting in the garage just waiting for installation. It's really hard to beat the bang for your buck factor.

Also, Flyin' Miata is redoing their turbo kits, full CAD design, should be some nice improvements on the old designs.

If you get one of the older 1.6 engines however, there are lots of cheap greddy turbos you can throw on the car, the parts are the same (practically) from the old 323 GTX.

• 2 months later...

I have a 94 M edition.. decked out. It was suppose to get supercharged this summer, but the army moved my dates up and im not going to have time with flight school.

I traded my 99 in on my 03 wrx, traded the wrx in on the 05 lgt. talked the wife into selling her civic and getting the miata if i let her drive the wrx in the rain. lol. it is definatly the best of both worlds.

While the wrx was fun to autox it wasnt the same... it felt like driving a suv in a race track seriously. NOTHING compairs when it comes to handling and i had a full suspension and sways on the wrx.

I would recommend a 94, even though im biased a but hear me out. there the lightest 1.8 pre-ob2, and every leather edition has LSD.

Also if you have any miata questions... pm me i have spend hours reading

I know one of you is over on www.miata.net...

Just wondering if anybody else has both an LGT and Miata.

Looking to get a Miata, pretty much the opposite of the what the LGT wagon, is hehe.

Thinking 94-97, use it for NE back country driving, autocrossing and some track days.

Any thoughts and comments from Miata fans appreciated, will probably buy in fall and have a budget of 7K.

:stupid::icon_bigg Thanks for the thread Beanboy! Lots of very good info here!

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I have a 94 M edition.. decked out. It was suppose to get supercharged this summer, but the army moved my dates up and im not going to have time with flight school.

I would recommend a 94, even though im biased a but hear me out. there the lightest 1.8 pre-ob2, and every leather edition has LSD.

Also if you have any miata questions... pm me i have spend hours reading

Good call on the 94 recommendation.

I have wanted to build a Miata project car, (among other dreamed-up projects...) besides my wife's 99... from bare sheetmetal redone with Simpson Design's Italia re-body, and re-hashing the interior to look more like a 60's MG/Triumph roadster (minimalist with leather and chrome).

Then putting a turbocharged engine and fully sorted suspension under it, to make it fun, reliable, and handle as good as anything on the road, and probably just as fast. I've also thought about putting a refreshed and injected ~4-liter rover V8 engine under the hood... for even more old-school throwback interest... But that would be harder to do...

I'd love to have a 94 or 95 to build from, with the 1.8 liter engine (if kept), but before OBD-II complications.

the monsters are over rated... the rover at least keeps a 48-52 distribution(actually a lighter engine believe it or not) I only know of 1 guy who did it, he also supercharged it(wacker)

To me... i have a nice turbo car already, to make the miata feel like a v6(they should have made the 00+ with a duratec option) all you need is the jrsc with a boost upgrade, or if you wanna get crazy get the brp super charger. a turboed miata is fun, but it takes away from the spirit of the car. if you up it 50hp you should use a SC it makes it more drive/streetable like the roots.

Thats the main reason i got rid of the 99 i didnt like what they did with the NB, vowed i would get an old one like my dads and i did.

• 10 months later...

Ill dust it off with ya. My sister got an 06 MX-5 this past summer. It's auto, but honestly, it's a blast to drive (paddle shifting). Really punchy, I was joking around about it and put it sideways at AutoX.

My uncle had a 94 Miata w/ JRSC, Koni Yellows, and H&R springs. It hauled....handled great on the track as well.

Do it!

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up on miata.net for some information for my mom's car. I haven't post over there in a long time and honestly don't remember what my name was.

I'm 6'4" and can wedge myself in her car except for my knee rubbing the door panel and the steering wheel when I let the clutch out. I know I look ridiculous in the car, but driving it always puts a smile on your face.

I am 6'2", and I am in the same position.

I actually have to press in the clutch in order to get my right knee under the steering wheel, and then again so that the door doesn't close with my left knee pinched between the door and the steering wheel.

I probably look rediculous folding myself in and out of that car, but it is fun! My legacy is spoiling me for power, though.

can someone explain what a 1994 R-package has? does it have power steering, a/c, leather, lsd, etc.?

The R Package has no power steering, no power windows or mirrors, no leather. It has a Torsen LSD, stiff springs,fatter roll bars, Bilstein Shocks, lip spoiler and spoiler on the rear decklid. Not built for luxury or convenience, built for club racing.

Do a Google.

• 1 month later...
I just got my Miata 94 R package a couple months ago. Been loving it ever since. It's pretty much my track/auto-x car now, although I take it to work and drive around town sometimes in it. I just finished having the roll bar and two sparco sprints installed (mounted to the floor for my tall 6'2" self). Also got a set of Scroth 6 point harnesses. Enkei RP-F1 15x7 wheels and some RT-615s. Next up is suspension.

• 7 months later...

Archived