LegacyGT.com

S TEIN Springs Installed 2005 LGT Sedan

Infymus

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I imagine the H Techs help marginally in the handling dept in that they lower the cars center of gravity. The S Techs are stiffer but some love em and some hate em. Me, the more I think about it I think I might get the H Techs to lower the car and a rear sway bar. The H Techs are 1/2 the price of any other springs and I justify the them as a stop-gap until someone like Koni comes out with a decent strut/spring combo where the damping matches the springs. I'm afraid of going to stiff in the springs with the stock damper since my car is a family hauler, and the eibachs, H&Rs, Swifts are twice as expensive so a bigger fiscal risk. The S Techs just sound too harsh according to the guy who started this thread ("front wheels coming through the hood") even though they're cheaper than the H Techs.

With stock tires, the S Techs are firm but fine. I haven't switched out the tires, but I imagine if you get 18's on with some rubberbands wrapped around them, they may be a bit too harsh.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

With stock tires, the S Techs are firm but fine. I haven't switched out the tires, but I imagine if you get 18's on with some rubberbands wrapped around them, they may be a bit too harsh.

First, why would you make the stripper cry? Thems is happy times!:icon_tong

And, yea, I have 18x8 OZ Superleggeras with cheapo Yokoham AVS ES100s on em, and that is an excellent point regarding rubber bands vs stock 17" rims.

the h-tech's have to help and do, they have slightlly stiffer rates, stock 196# h-techs 220# front, stock 308# h-techs 310# rear, they do make cornering better, next step would be sway bars, remember you have to live with it on the street, let the suspension work, to much spring rate is not good either, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Just a quick update. My wife Angela and myself completed our first day of the SCCA Nationals and I am in love with the S-tech. Compaired to my last autocross where I was about 7 seconds behind the STU Sti's. Now I am 4 seconds behind them and that is still on the RE92s. Monday my new tires and wheels will be in and installed and I will be running another autocross on May 7th. I will give another update about the tire difference.

But again, I think the S-tech is a great suspension choice.

Just a quick update. My wife Angela and myself completed our first day of the SCCA Nationals and I am in love with the S-tech. Compaired to my last autocross where I was about 7 seconds behind the STU Sti's. Now I am 4 seconds behind them and that is still on the RE92s. Monday my new tires and wheels will be in and installed and I will be running another autocross on May 7th. I will give another update about the tire difference.

But again, I think the S-tech is a great suspension choice.

Glad you're enjoying the S Techs. How do you and the wife think they are on the street with the stock struts? P.S. Lucky guy to have a wife that likes to drive and compete. My wife would never try my race kart despite multiple times to just get her to try it on our street.

Well here are the final results. I was more than happy with the suspension. Running in the STU class with an unprepaired car. With my only upgrades being AEM CAI, STI STB, and the S-tech. I was within 2.5 seconds of the Sti's. That is me on RE92s and them with set-up cars, that are stretching the rules a bit. Stech are worth every penny, they could cost twice as much and still be more than worth it.

I installed mine last night, and so far so good! I love'em. I happened to go into the big apple today, and although it's sort of harsh on major bumps/potholes, it's tolerable. Especially for a daily driver. Looks are downright awesome. Handling is fantastic so far, even with the re92's and slick roadways. For the price you can't beat it!

• 2 weeks later...
figured I'd add my 2 cents since I just put s-tech's on my car as well. Can feel the road more, meaning bumps that would be and afterthought are a little harder hitting when driving quickly. Over all, an adjustment in how I drive over speed bumps, and other road obsticals has kept me happy with these springs. Definately can handle fast turns a lot better... Before 60mph was max I could do around off ramp turn, now 70mph... noticeable ride height difference makes the car look pimp. Now all I need is a tint and a detail.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

^^ :icon_twis I tested it out twice, very hard to maintain a steady burnout now with the front wheels on the street. hehehe.

It's not really a steady burnout; Not like what I can do in a rear-wheel car. It'll spin the tires up front, if I really try I can layout about 20ft of tred. lol.

No doubt it's not good for the center diff, but it's job is to work the rear more than the front when the front slips, so it's built for that particular scenario and no doubt can hold up to the power levels being placed on it. I try not to do burnouts wherever I go... only done three really since the new clutch was put in, and one of those was at the track.

lol, I had a bad habit with my turbo'ed trans-am. recovering... but now that I can break loose the lgt, I'm falling back into relapse... lol.

29.5yrs for what it's worth. lol.

Archived