LegacyGT.com

S TEIN Springs Installed 2005 LGT Sedan

Infymus

Front camber can be adjusted. That's about it I think.

I did not need an alignment afterwards, just clearly mark the rotation of those camber bolts before you take everything apart and put it back the same way.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice write up. I live out in Taylorsville. Do you think sometime we could hook up and maybe take a ride with you to see how the springs feel? I'm thinking about getting some springs for my LGT, but I've had lowered cars before and I remember how nice it was to drive with normal suspension again.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Nice write up. I live out in Taylorsville. Do you think sometime we could hook up and maybe take a ride with you to see how the springs feel? I'm thinking about getting some springs for my LGT, but I've had lowered cars before and I remember how nice it was to drive with normal suspension again.

who are you asking?

ya know.. i have an idea!! For those of you that have the new springs installed, drive around in a tight circle turning to the left for about 5-10 minutes.. I think it could level things out a little.

*warning* -- driving in circles for 5-10 minutes could cause dizziness, headaches, or may cause others to find you a complete idiot--

Front camber can be adjusted. That's about it I think.

I did not need an alignment afterwards, just clearly mark the rotation of those camber bolts before you take everything apart and put it back the same way.

Yes, only front camber is adjustable.

I would strongly suggest a 4 wheel alingment after removing and replacing all 4 strut assemblies as things never go back in exactly the same way they came out. Also, on your front camber wcbjr, if you put the camber bolts back in the exact same spot, you're not taking the shorter spring into account and are probably running more negative camber than you realize.

ya know.. i have an idea!! For those of you that have the new springs installed, drive around in a tight circle turning to the left for about 5-10 minutes.. I think it could level things out a little.

*warning* -- driving in circles for 5-10 minutes could cause dizziness, headaches, or may cause others to find you a complete idiot--

And possibly mess up your power steering pump. That's why it's not good to do donuts in the snow repeatedly.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Guys that have H Techs......Is the handling any better or is this purely a cosmetic upgrade.

I think the S TEchs are too aggressive for me and the H Techs would be more my speed. But I wouldn't even bother doing these if there is not a noticable handling improvement.

I am running and will be running Stock Rims with stock sized Pirelli P Zeros and Whiteline F/R sways which are all on the car already. Just looking for a bit less roll

Thanks!

for all of you replacing your stock springs w/ s-techs aren't you worried about it murdering the lifespan of your struts?

Nope, these are just temp. anyway. I am very happy with them especially for the money. I don't think you can get a better value than the S-tech

Mblock66, just had Tein H-tech's installed today, very happy with results, very close to stock ride and handling, i can tell but some one who has never ridden in car could not , i think sway bars are in order, car dropped about 1", just like they said, no noises, clunk's, etc., car looks factory, drives perfect, i could'nt be happier if i was twins, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

ehhh so it doesnt aid performance at all with the H techs. That is not what I am looking for then. I want a 1 inch drop or so with less roll that is noticable. Not just a stock feel with a drop, that isn't worth it to me.

Ok, so if the H Tech Teins really only serve to lower the car but are not noticeably stiffer than stock (bottoming problems?) and the S Techs are too stiff according to the original poster of this thread, what is an affordable option that's "just right" as Goldilocks might say? Ultimately I want to combine Koni FSD struts with a good spring (JSM STi Pinks?), but I don't want to spend $400 on springs just now. Any ideas? My car is a 2005 LGT wagon that carries my wife (who hated my 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo with 45 profile tires -- too stiff she whines!) and 3 year old. Oh yea, does anyone know what the stock spring rates are on my car? PDX told me spring rates aren't really comparable accross brands; is this true? Thanks for the info:)

The S tech made a huge difference in body roll and the ride is not bad at all.

Others in this thread (original poster) hated the S Techs. I guess it depends on what you compare them to. Perhaps at $180 a set plus $200 for installation, it might be worth the risk for S Techs. Perhaps I should get a rear sway bar first and go from there. Who makes an adjustable rear sway?

curious as to how one will know if he has bottomed out his stock struts. I keep reading on these and it keeps getting mentioned that they are too stiff for the stock struts and will bottom them out much faster than stockers.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Tein says that the H techs have stiffer spring rates then the stock ones. I really dont know what the stock spring rates are. Does anyone know?? So if they are stiffer it will help with body roll some.. but unless your on a track it may not be enough to really notice. I am still waiting for my H techs. Hopefully i will have them by next weekend so I can put them on.

Tein says that the H techs have stiffer spring rates then the stock ones. I really dont know what the stock spring rates are. Does anyone know?? So if they are stiffer it will help with body roll some.. but unless your on a track it may not be enough to really notice. I am still waiting for my H techs. Hopefully i will have them by next weekend so I can put them on.

Subaru apparently hasn't released the spring rates, but some members have calculated the stock rates as approx. 200 lb/in front and 300 lb/in rear. The H Teins (according to a seller on ebay motors) are 219 front/309 rear. But PDX Tuning told me that comparing spring rates between manufacturers isn't really accurate since they have different ways of measuring when, say, a spring is progressive and and multiple rates depending on where you measure on the coil. So they might quote an average spring rate, minimum, maximum or what have you. But I imagine you can at least get a ballpark idea.

Archived