LegacyGT.com

got my LEGACY!! / picked up the Legacy today

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Right Way:Congratulations on your new car... enjoy... tomorrow won't come soon enough.

The Wrong Way: YAY!!! I peed in your pool... tomarrow and congradulations!!!! phonics... YAY!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't let anyone make you feel bad for your dad purchasing you a car. Most just feel jealous and wish their dads would purchase them a new Legacy GT. The only bad thing about having someone purchase you a car is you have not yet gained the knowledge of what it takes to earn that money and can't fully gain attachment to said vehicle. I remember I beat up my first car because I didn't pay a dime for it other than the gas.

Have fun but be safe. If I had had a car this fast when I was 16 i'd probably be dead right now lol

He's 18, not 16.

I think it's a really bad idea for any parent to buy their kid a fast car, or really even a new car. Insurance is just too expensive when you're that young. Although you can easily do stupid stuff in a slower car as well.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I wish my dad would buy me a new Legacy GT. I mean come on he goes from Audi to BMW. Cant complain though, I go to the most expensive public University in the country. Text books alone are killing me.

Penn State University

Overcharging since 1855

He's 18, not 16.

I think it's a really bad idea for any parent to buy their kid a fast car, or really even a new car.

Quoted For MotherF***ing Truth.

Ask IAHAWK what I think about kids getting spoiled when daddy buys them a new car....just for doing what they should be in the first place!

The only thing I'll do for my kids when they don't **** up, is not whup up on their asses!

But as for making you feel bad about rich uncle daddy (:iam: ) buying you a new car - I hope you do feel guilty. I at least hope you have a job and pay all of your insurance and gas.

Dont be a F***head and hotrod all over, because you don't appricate it. Things in life won't always be this easy - unless uncle daddy really spoils you....but even then you won't be happy....

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Quoted For MotherF***ing Truth.

Ask IAHAWK what I think about kids getting spoiled when daddy buys them a new car....just for doing what they should be in the first place!

The only thing I'll do for my kids when they don't **** up, is not whup up on their asses!

But as for making you feel bad about rich uncle daddy (:iam: ) buying you a new car - I hope you do feel guilty. I at least hope you have a job and pay all of your insurance and gas.

Dont be a F***head and hotrod all over, because you don't appricate it. Things in life won't always be this easy - unless uncle daddy really spoils you....but even then you won't be happy....

I don't understand rants like this. It's not your life, it's not your kid, it's not your car. Different parents have different parenting styles, if you want to rag on anyone about the kid receiving an LGT as a gift from his parents, then go after his parents, not him.

As a side note, my girlfriend's parents bought their kid a WRX Sti as soon as he got his license. (He had to "Wrent-A-Wreck" to learn how to drive a stick) Not even a year later, he was driving too fast on a curvy road and slammed head-on into another car. All 3 passengers in his car and the two people in the other vehicle were OK, just rattled.

-I assumed that the STi was going to be scrapped and the kid was going to get a Dodge Neon, but sure enough, insurance fixed it and the kid has the car back. (And he's driving it again)

It's fine for parents to trust the kid enough to have a car, but once the kid abuses it (i.e., crashes), then that's when the line has to be drawn.

well ... to clearfy things, my mom is the bread winner in the family, and sweet thing is we got the car for 24500 with a free spoiler, this is basically my graduation gift (alittle early lol), my parents dont spoil me by any strech, this is the only car they are EVER going to buy me and i expect it to last for 10 years, im not much of a speed demon, i just wanted a manual with awd, the sedan is cheapist for insurance ( i will get into that later) so it was pretty much my only option, i didnt want another SUV with bad mileage. This is my baby, and im going to treat it as such.

now for insurance, because allstate is really nice, im not paying much more for insurance(i should say my rents are paying) than i was on my 96 explorer.

The only reason i got this car was because i have never had an accident or ticket and i got accepted to a really nice university. soo there you go, my chance to defend myself.

I love my car ... basically.

Archived