LegacyGT.com

got my LEGACY!! / picked up the Legacy today

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't speel, so they give you a goddamn new car and pay for all your college at a expensive university?!?!

****!

well ... to clearfy things, my mom is the bread winner in the family, and sweet thing is we got the car for 24500 with a free spoiler, this is basically my graduation gift (alittle early lol), my parents dont spoil me by any strech, this is the only car they are EVER going to buy me and i expect it to last for 10 years, im not much of a speed demon, i just wanted a manual with awd, the sedan is cheapist for insurance ( i will get into that later) so it was pretty much my only option, i didnt want another SUV with bad mileage. This is my baby, and im going to treat it as such.

now for insurance, because allstate is really nice, im not paying much more for insurance(i should say my rents are paying) than i was on my 96 explorer.

The only reason i got this car was because i have never had an accident or ticket and i got accepted to a really nice university. soo there you go, my chance to defend myself.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Verrry nice! You'll love it for sure! Post up some pics when you can!

A quick lesson for you...My buddy got a new (1990?) Porsche 928 S4 for his 17th bday, and sure enough he totalled it within a month...He was an asshat...Don't be that guy!

To finish the story he had to tough it out in a Caddy Sedan de Ville until he was "trusted" enough to get it's replacement...a MB 500E! I'm pretty sure he didn't crash that one...lesson learned I guess?

Anyway congrats!

Not to be an ass… but WHOA!

I hope your posting prowess is not a reflection of the work you did to get A's at 'The Nations Most Expensive Public University™'

Okay, so I am being an ass.

While I'm at it I'll toss in a "I remember when good grades were expected."

So there!

Not to be an ass… but WHOA!

I hope your posting prowess is not a reflection of the work you did to get A's at 'The Nations Most Expensive Public University™'

Okay, so I am being an ass.

While I'm at it I'll toss in a "I remember when good grades were expected."

So there!

Whats that supposed to mean?

Oh and I guess it cool to be an ass for no reason? Whats up with a bunch of people bein jerks on this fourm lately. Its really uneccessary.

well ... this is fun lol ... i get a new car and people get mad at me, wonderful. well whatever folks, im happy i got a new car and plan on enjoying it, im already trying to find excuses to go drive it lol
I love my car ... basically.

well ... this is fun lol ... i get a new car and people get mad at me, wonderful. well whatever folks, im happy i got a new car and plan on enjoying it, im already trying to find excuses to go drive it lol

Yes, some people hostility is a little excessive. Dont let them get to you. Enjoy the car follow the maintenence schedule and you are set my friend.

Im gonna go ahead and emphasize the neccessity of caution like everyone else. For example, my $250 fog light. And for that matter dont let the dealer rip you off. For example, my dealer wanting $220 to replace the bulb in my A/C. Yeah right.

Question... why did you get a stick when you don't drive one that well and you have a lot of hills? The GT isn't the easiest 5 speed to cut your teeth on, so an automatic seems like it would have been a better choice.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

i know what you mean, dad went and bought the car, mom doesnt do car dealers lol, he got them the give us the spoiler (that is being ordered) for free when he started to walk out. My dealer, Duteau in lincoln is pretty hassle free, atleast that is the way the come off to me, so hopefully everything will work out. the Legacy is suppose to be the most reliable car in america, atleast it was last year, so hopefully i wont run into to many problems.

well, i read that the automatic saps some of the engines power, that is a car editors perspective, and i wanted a manual, automatics are boreing. My car hasnt been all that bad so far, as far as shifting and starting out goes. i have driven several in the past, im just not 'perfect' yet. its already getting easier though.

Question... why did you get a stick when you don't drive one that well and you have a lot of hills? The GT isn't the easiest 5 speed to cut your teeth on, so an automatic seems like it would have been a better choice.

That's the only way to learn!:lol:

Congratulations AWD_Rules3830, enjoy the new ride!

No offense to anyone, but I could never own a Legacy without a spolier. They are hott.

As far as reliability goes, well my '96 was much more reliable than my '99. You remember the movie Jack, where Robin William's bio clock was sped up? Yeah i think that happened to my '99.

Whats that supposed to mean?

Oh and I guess it cool to be an ass for no reason? Whats up with a bunch of people bein jerks on this fourm lately. Its really uneccessary.

Not mean at all, really. I hope he enjoys the new ride and loves every minute of it. Seriously.

Still, I can't help but look at is as a parent and also as one who put himself fully through school. I find it a bit disheartening (and embarrassing for the OP) when one can come onto a forum, celebrate such a magnificent gift, cite a reason (grades, graduation, etc) and then convey it with such poor form by which he received the gift (education).

So, enjoy the Legacy! Cheers. No harm meant.

Who told you the Legacy is the most reliable car in America?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Not so young man. It is reliable, but by far the most. I think Honda holds that title.

Anyway, enjoy the car. Don't wreck it and don't rub it in that your dad bought it for you. Most of us are from the day when your first new car was probably after you had 3 or 4 pieces of shit that you bled and cried over before we could afford a new one. Just make sure you appreciate the opportunity you have with this and don't do anything stupid. Your low insurance rates won't last for long if you get speeding tickets in a brand new GT. Especially when your parents kick you off their policy. :lol:

OCDETAILS BLOG

does your mom have any sisters that make good money? Hell just buy me a happy meal from mcdonalds and ill be happy.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

people are going to burn tires on me for saying this, but i have really had second thoughts about whether to get the Legacy or not, my car, that i had right now, ran good, only the head gaskets cracked reciently, thank you for super cold winter to do that. we got that fixed, and it still runs good, its just 10 years old. idk. i didnt really want to ask my mom and dad to spend that kind of money, but they said they were willing with my good grades and getting into college. the price was good and the options on it cant be beat. i didnt get a BMW or Merc, i dont flaunt money in front of people, that just doesnt make you friends. However if my parents are willing to buy me the car, im not going to argue. and like i said, this car is going to have to last me 10 years.

well, i read that the automatic saps some of the engines power, that is a car editors perspective, and i wanted a manual, automatics are boreing. My car hasnt been all that bad so far, as far as shifting and starting out goes. i have driven several in the past, im just not 'perfect' yet. its already getting easier though.

nah.. not really. You just have more control over your power with a five speed. There are plenty of quick manuals out there putting down great times at the track. If you do a lot of city driving or hill driving then you are probably better off with an automatic, but it is all subjective I guess. Just be careful on the hills. Keep the RPMs lower than 4000 if you want to get more than 15 miles per gallon too. :lol:

OCDETAILS BLOG

well, for the most part this car is going to be a highway cruiser, im going to school and hour away from home, and everything i need on campus is a 7 min walk or buses ... however, im probably just going to drive it anyway, its a Legacy GT after all

Who told you the Legacy is the most reliable car in America?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Not so young man. It is reliable, but by far the most. I think Honda holds that title.

I beg to differ. My Prelude (God rest her soul :icon_cry: ) bled out. And by that I mean oil leak! Ahh. In addition to that, all four wheel well rusted through (at an early age), and the interior accents (chrome,etc.) really didnt hold up.

Deceased at 76,000 miles.

Archived