LegacyGT.com

Just got home with ...

my new used 05 LGT limited. 19k miles, white outside, taupe leather interior, 5spd, still smells new, sti short shifter, sti wheel, sti pedals.

It's going to take some time to get used to the clutch/shifter, but dayam - passing on the freeway in 5th is cake.

The UTEC should be here early next week, along with an uppipe & shorty downpipe.

Man - I think it's time to get that bottle of glenlivet 18yr out. :)

Pics tomorrow.

forget the pics! ok some pics please.

how about some of the glen!!! :icon_tong

though not a big fan of the livet, i am a huge fan of the fidditch.. mmmm 18 year olds.. heck i take some 15 year olds..

hmm.. i don't think that came out right.. :icon_surp

late,

k

mmmm 18 year olds.. heck i take some 15 year olds..

hmm..:icon_surp

:eek::confused:

Just kidding dude...couldn't resist.

EDIT:

johnAWD, Congrats on the ride!! Sounds like a sweet package with all the extras.

Can't wait for pics. Where in Castle Rock are you? Not stalking you, just curious. Again, CONGRATS!!

Cheers.

Will do. The owner made mention of an STi steering wheel, but as I go through the paperwork this morning, I only see reference to the short shifter kit.

Congrats. If by STi Wheel you mean steering wheel, please post a picture of your interior shot so I can see the steering wheel!

Some initial pictures are here. I will need to give it a thorough bath & take some more.

It was dark lastnight when we took ownership, so I didn't see that it'd not been cleaned prior to me taking posession.

What a world of difference from my 121k mile A4. I'm a bit disappointed at how mushy the brakes are - perhaps some SS lines will help.

And regarding the STi steering wheel, perhaps I was mistaken. No reference to it on any of the paperwork, but I'm pretty sure the seller advertised the steering wheel on his ad.

Cheers! :)

[edit]

The ad I saw which pointed me at the car has this text:

------

2005 Legacy Turbo (Limited) LoadedThis car is in awesome shape; was 30k new, buy for $6k off!

18k (commuter)

Loaded; Pearl White Metallic, Dark tint windows. all the badges have been removed off the rear; looks great.

250 hp 2.5 liter turbo. (same block as in WRX STI!)

I put in Subaru's short throw shifter kit; make the 5 speed shift amazingly well.

Clear bra, never wrecked, need to sell to get an automatic so my wife can drive it.

has STI shifter, pedals, steering wheels... subwoofer with 6 disc changer, loaded with every option. Light grey leather heated seats. AC, power everything, power moonroof, dual front and rear airbags, Fog lights, power windows, seats, etc.

-----

So, can someone in the know look @ that steering wheel & tell me if it's a stock LGT wheel?

[/edit]

it is easy...

Does the steering wheel have an STI logo on the airbag?

It is possible that it has the STI wheel rim... in which case, does it have red stitching? Does it have a seam on the front of the wheel rim, and perforated leather? or is it an inside seam, with normal leather?

The 06 LGT MTs have the same smaller diameter steering wheel as the WRX STI, without the red stitching, and without the STI-logo airbag. (normal subie oval airbag...)

After looking at your pics... nope. that is the LGT MOMO steering wheel. not the WRX STI MOMO steering wheel. Car looks great, though.

Will do. The owner made mention of an STi steering wheel, but as I go through the paperwork this morning, I only see reference to the short shifter kit.

those are the STi pedals as well..

but yeah, thats the standard MOMO wheel.

The 06 LGT MTs have the same smaller diameter steering wheel as the WRX STI, without the red stitching, and without the STI-logo airbag. (normal subie oval airbag...)

smaller? Where did you get that info? '06 loses the Momo embossed logo (though the Spec B keeps it).

from my impression on the dealer lot.

After sitting in an STI (seats too tight... interior too small... nice otherwise)

and a Spec B, an 05 LGT 5MT, and a 06 LGT 5MT...

I got the impression that the 06 5MT and WRX STI wheel were the same core, with black stitching and subie oval on the airbag for the LGT. No momo logo, but it is a momo wheel...

It seemed like a thicker rimmed wheel, of a few mm less diameter, with the same airbag module shape the 05LGT 5MT / Spec B / LGT 5EAT Momo wheel with the seam on the front of the wheel rim, perforated leather, (some with Momo logo, some with switchgear facility, some with wood trim in the OB models...) with a thinner rim... like JohnAWD's car and most other LGTs have in them.

I could be wrong, and the STI / 06LGT 5MT steering wheel may not be a smaller diameter...but it seemed so to me.

After sitting in an STI (seats too tight... interior too small... nice otherwise)

I got the impression that the 06 5MT and WRX STI wheel were the same core, with black stitching and subie oval on the airbag for the LGT. No momo logo, but it is a momo wheel...

It seemed like a thicker rimmed wheel, of a few mm less diameter, with the same airbag module shape the 05LGT 5MT / Spec B / LGT 5EAT Momo wheel with the seam on the front of the wheel rim, perforated leather, (some with Momo logo, some with switchgear facility, some with wood trim in the OB models...) with a thinner rim... like JohnAWD's car and most other LGTs have in them.

I could be wrong, and the STI / 06LGT 5MT steering wheel may not be a smaller diameter...but it seemed so to me.

Man....you just need to buy one already. :lol: Quit teasing yourself!!

I have both an '06 Spec B wheel and of course my '05 wheel - I'll line them up and confirm soon. :icon_bigg

How often do you visit a Subaru Dealership? you must be a stealerships nightmare. The guy who wants to buy but won't pull the trigger.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most of the time it is after business hours, to see what the stock is, after a day of shopping in Des Moines. I try not to bother the sales people needlessly. I've probably been there three times in the last year during business hours. Plus they are a mazda dealer, so I go there to check on parts and things for the Miata...

But they probably do recognize me. They don't ignore me, but I think they have only one or two subaru salesmen, because I have met one of the mazda salesmen twice now, who admits to knowing nothing about subarus.

I have been to the omaha dealership twice in the last year, both times during business hours on saturdays. My wife, mother-in-law and I actually got to sit in a spec B just after it arrived that time. They mentioned test drive but it was raining, and the car was just unwrapped off the transporter truck. I didn't want to get it cruddy for someone else.

August. That should be it. Just in time for my 29th birthday, and just as the 07s are arriving on the lots. I haven't decided on LGT or Spec B yet, because of the speculation on the Spec B color issue, and finalized equipment details, and I want to drive a 5MT and 6MT back to back. But I do want an 07 turbo Legacy with a manual trans. The dealers better not ignore me TOO much, because I may take a while to pull the trigger, but when I do, it will be a .50cal through the bullseye. One shot, one kill, like a sniper. It just depends on which dealer gets the commission.

BTW, patagonian, the 05 MT wheel and the 06 Spec B wheel should be the same, aside from the steering wheel controls, and perhaps the momo logo. they should be the same otherwise.

It is the 06-only LGT 5MT NON-spec B steering wheel that is different from all other legacys, and is a variation on the WRX STI steering wheel.

Archived