LegacyGT.com

I think the LGT can beat it...what do you think.

m5 dyno

http://www.jimmy540i.com/m5.htm

above 300w/trq all day long.

Looks like a properly tuned legacy 20g would pull from it in an all out race. However, the m5 would aways get the jump on it.

Wrong generation M5, the new car has considerably more power. I have my doubts that even a well tuned 20g would pull away from the new M5, especially as speed increases.

I don't think it could beat it... but imitation is the highest form of flattery.

http://www.emotion-fuk.com/oda0012.jpg

Now, add the M5's tear-drop side mirrors (with the carbon fiber parts replaced by side indicator... PLEASE!) and DDE rings...

some nice BBS forged rims, and a 4-500hp turbocharged H6 (like the Perrin H6T STI SEMA project, but twin turbo...) and the STI/S204-grade DCCD 6MT...

One could probably do all that, and still be in for barely half what that M5 costs, and have AWD for inclement weather... but with slightly less cachet.

It's just taste. Never was much for Bimmers. That ones nice, but I prefer the GT it's parked next to.

admit it, you wish you had chosen the GT instead your serious wagon. ;)

This Space For Rent

I'm trying to talk my dad into buying one, too... he's really serious about it. By then I'll have a well-tuned 20g powered LGT so we'll see!

Seriously, though, how much did he pay if you don't mind divulging? There are 2 at the BMW dealership down the street from me, one was black and must have been loaded because they were asking 99,000; and the other (same color as your dad's) was going for 90,000. I think msrp base is 80k, but after options and dealer markup etc. they get up there...

What I love about that car is that you are compromising nothing (except maybe gas mileage)... it's just everything you could want or need in one huge fast amazing car.

Guest *Jedimaster*
admit it, you wish you had chosen the GT instead your serious wagon. ;)

Never! I still cringe when I see a GT rolling around, sans big foglights and fender flares.:lol:

Was it a 550i, or a 530i? The 550i is still stupid fast in it's own right.

Its hard to say, there was no badging left at all. The single exhaust pipe was pretty tiny, if i had to make a guess, i would say 530.

I agree with the many others here - the LGT is gonna need big help and a heap of $$$$ in order to run with the current-generation M5. A sprint to 30 MPH from a dead-stop dig would be fun, but after that, unless you're riding with a bigger snail, it's by-by LGT!

Not that's a bad thing, after all, the M5's price tag demands such performance. :)

I love the K2 kit for the LGT, and yes, immitation is definitely the sincerest form of flattery. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Here's a dyno chart of a new M5 ( not sure what dyno they used). This chart compares the E60 M5 to the E39 M5. The old M5 a lot more torque down low.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=14350&d=1138847254

Looks like a properly tuned legacy 20g would pull from it in an all out race. However, the m5 would aways get the jump on it.

I have seen quater mile time for the M5 of 12.4 to 12.7 @ around 116 mph. The car really doesn't hit its stride until about 100 mph( as you can see by the dyno).

0-150 time is around 20 seconds!!! The new Z06 does that in aournd 18.5. So the M5 doesn't do too bad for a 4000lb 4 door sedan.

Here's one of my favorite videos....shows how much faster the new M5 is compared to the old M5....mostly on the high end.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5804794435648726396&q=m5

What I love about that car is that you are compromising nothing (except maybe gas mileage)... it's just everything you could want or need in one huge fast amazing car.

Amen!!!

Eff'n amazing car! Definitely gets my vote for the best sports sedan you can buy (500 hp is tough to argue with...) I drove my buddy's '03 M5. He put it into sport mode which tightened up the steering, throttle response, suspension etc and I was in LOVE. It pretty much ruined my love affair with my LGT for at least a month...I'm over it now though...well kinda...I think...:icon_bigg

The one thing I can't stand about bmw/mecerdes benz, the square on the bumper. What a bad location.

I'm sure you know that the square on the bumbers is the access panel for the tow loop. With the Germans form still follows function, at least most of the time.

The M5 (newer or older generations) will never beat an LGT...

in the snow.

:)

Believe it or not, there is another 06 M5 in town that the guy runs in the snow with snow tires/wheels. I just can't see running a car like that in the snow.

I raced one that looked just like the one in the pics (at the track of course:icon_wink ) I was on stage 1 at the time and even from a dig with a launch he pulled from me pretty hard. I think I might have a little better chance now with my protune and my current mods :)

I raced one that looked just like the one in the pics (at the track of course:icon_wink ) I was on stage 1 at the time and even from a dig with a launch he pulled from me pretty hard. I think I might have a little better chance now with my protune and my current mods :)

To 60 you might stay close, but after that....its all over!!!

Archived