LegacyGT.com

Your LGT's Engine Speed at 80mph (5MT)

i doubt you changed your final drive ratio or the gearbox. If you have different rims/different tires that affected the overall diameter of the wheel - yes you would see a difference - how much...don"t know. Otherwise you can have 250 horsepower...or 550 horsepower...rpm at a certain speed in a certain gear should be the same.

i doubt you changed your final drive ratio or the gearbox. If you have different rims/different tires that affected the overall diameter of the wheel - yes you would see a difference - how much...don"t know. Otherwise you can have 250 horsepower...or 550 horsepower...rpm at a certain speed in a certain gear should be the same.

not if you haven't re calibrated your speedo... unless they use gps now or something.

well there will be a difference but not that you will be able to tell.

just a tick under 3500 at 80

Me too.

5-th gear (5MT), of course.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

That's crazy if the manuals have to run at higher RPMs than the autos. Is this normal of most cars? Glad I got an auto haha, although I have to admit it took some getting used to... I still reach for the shifter sometimes.

I agree!!! this thing needs a 6MT in a BAD way...

Coming from other import sport-compacts, I find myself relatively "insulated" in terms of NVH from "gearing" at highway cruise.

Therefore, my opinion is shaded by the fact that I *love* the way our LGTs respond to the go-pedal even at highway cruise speeds.

Just flex your right big-toe, and poof, you've gained another 10 mph over surrounding traffic.... No need to downshift. :D

Of course, we make this sacrifice at having nearly 3.5K on the spinner at-speed, but man, what a great feeling.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

That's crazy if the manuals have to run at higher RPMs than the autos. Is this normal of most cars? Glad I got an auto haha, although I have to admit it took some getting used to... I still reach for the shifter sometimes.

The torque converter in the auto exchanges some rotational velocity for torque which means you can run a taller final drive ratio without having the car feel slugish. This also helps make up some of the fuel mileage loss due to the losses associated with the auto. At 70 I'm turning about 2,750 with the 5EAT.

Archived