LegacyGT.com

Removing Black tape from Window Pillars

scans007

Ok I know that might not make sense, but since I don't have a black car anymore it's driving me nutz. When I had my mazda6 I peeled that tape of (with LOTS of effort) but it looked killer, the paint was perfect under it.....it's the black tape between the windows and goes all the way around them....

I circled the attached with the main section.......has anyone attempted this? Any thoughts on do'n this?

I couldn't find any threads on it when I searched....

DSC03321_circle.jpg.22bcd9c054958838062a556958610f9e.jpg

Yeah, I forgot about the tint, The B is go'n in for tint and Clear bra application on March 4th, I'll wait until then to see what I think......but with dark enough tint you are prob right (again ;)) it should be left......we'll see

I had before and afters of my 6, and was gonna post them....but couldn't find them anywhere. Must be burried somewhere on my server at home

Intriguing....

Can anyone provide some photochops of our various colors with this mod done?

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Keep the blackouts. My car is silver w/ deep tint. The whole section of the windows, pillars, etc, looks so clean and uniform...

how deep is your tint.......35% is leagal in MA. My old GT was 20% rear and 35% front....with black interior so the off set wasnt' that much.

With silver and a light interior I don't think I'll be able to get away 35%/20% there will be too much of a contrast diff with it, so I'll prob get 35% all around. I'll sacrifice the darkness for better look'n :D Thoughts?

^ yeah that's my point basically......

I want to go darker, but can't.....as the fronts have to be 35% or I won't pass inspection (I had to rip of tint on other cars and such)

So I'm struggling with: Do I make the back darker then the front and have a big contrast between the two, or do I make it all the same with 35% around......I know in the past I have not liked see'n a big diff between the two %'s of tint...so my guess I will end up with 35% all around.....or 35% up front and a 27% in the rear...or whatever the next level down from 35% is

So to stay on topic, I don't think I'm gonna pull off the tape :D

how deep is your tint.......35% is leagal in MA. My old GT was 20% rear and 35% front....with black interior so the off set wasnt' that much.

With silver and a light interior I don't think I'll be able to get away 35%/20% there will be too much of a contrast diff with it, so I'll prob get 35% all around. I'll sacrifice the darkness for better look'n :D Thoughts?

35% should be fine. It really depends on the tint IMO. I have 20% all around, of course that's illegal, but if you've seen my pictures, it looks really nice. No hassle from the cops yet, they usually target the mirror tint anyway. But if you're local laws/cops won't allow such a dark tint, stick to a uniform tint job. Even w/ a uniform tint, my front looks slightly lighter due to the light entering through the windshield. I hate the SUV look that the lighter up front/darker in back tint jobs give you. At 35%, if it is a metallic black tint, it will blend in w/ the pillars very nicely. My tint is called black chrome or something, so it matches up w/ the pillars very nicely. It matches up w/ the surrounding black trim better than the slight areas of tint around the windows..but only I wuold notice that. :)

Keep the blackouts. My car is silver w/ deep tint. The whole section of the windows, pillars, etc, looks so clean and uniform...

+1. Totally agree.

Every vehicle I see with a body-colored strip at the pillars between the windows, I want to put black tape ON! well, most of them, anyway.

If ya have to do something... get CF trims, or something... K2 has them, AVO can probably import them. They have silver CF ones, too, but again, not my cup o' tea.

The SWP shots with 35% all around...

To me, it is just dark enough. OH is 50% up front and unlimited in the rear. Many people do 35% and 20%, 50% and 20%, or 50% and 35%. I thought matching looked better :D

I did the same on mine. 35% looks great on a white car.

H2OSB

Archived