LegacyGT.com

Removing Black tape from Window Pillars

scans007

Has anyone figured out if we have this mythical tape that comes off to reveal beautifully OEM painted b pillars??

based on other cars - it would seem that they are just covered with tape. However to my knowledge, nobody has actually verified this.

Sorry guys: our pillar is NOT covered with blackout tape. It's an injection-molded trim piece (not sheetmetal), and I'd guess that it's either acrylic or a polycarbonate+hardcoat material.

I'm not a big fan of CF trim, usually, but I have to say that Jedi's pillar looks pretty damn sharp! Reminds me of some Mercedes pillars I saw at the Detroit auto show a few years back; not sure if they are still making those.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

^ yeah that's my point basically......

I want to go darker, but can't.....as the fronts have to be 35% or I won't pass inspection (I had to rip of tint on other cars and such)

So I'm struggling with: Do I make the back darker then the front and have a big contrast between the two, or do I make it all the same with 35% around......I know in the past I have not liked see'n a big diff between the two %'s of tint...so my guess I will end up with 35% all around.....or 35% up front and a 27% in the rear...or whatever the next level down from 35% is

So to stay on topic, I don't think I'm gonna pull off the tape :D

Steve I just did my fronts with 32% and I really like it. So now I have 32% fronts 20% rear sides and 13% back, I'll get some pics when it gets nicer out. I used Solar gard but don't like it as much as the LLumar I had on my WRX. That was a slight mirrored 35% fronts and rear sides with 20% rear and I LOVED it.

1990786959_Picture224(Large).thumb.jpg.ed1449e8834f388ea0c05a87f671c8b2.jpg

Steve I just did my fronts with 32% and I really like it. So now I have 32% fronts 20% rear sides and 13% back, I'll get some pics when it gets nicer out. I used Solar gard but don't like it as much as the LLumar I had on my WRX. That was a slight mirrored 35% fronts and rear sides with 20% rear and I LOVED it.

Pixors now ;)

it' s go'n in this sat........I wanna see what the 32% and 20% look like.....:D

Thanx for the pix man, I think it looks good. Tough to get a good read because there are too many shadows, reflections and such......

I still think I'm gonna just do what you said and end up with 32% all the way around!

Thanx for the pix man, I think it looks good. Tough to get a good read because there are too many shadows, reflections and such......

I still think I'm gonna just do what you said and end up with 32% all the way around!

Good call, if I could do it over I would do all 32%, I'm not a huge fan of the "Florida senior" blackout look. I do reccomend the back window 20% though for oncomming headlights :icon_surp.

38% Llumar Ultimate all the way around

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/DSC00089small.jpg

Archived