LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy Yokohama tires any good?

Sexymommymissesher97

Hay I need some help. Anybody have a legacy with the stock Yoko's ADVAN A82? Are they any good in snow, We are supposed to get some and I am not sure what to expect from these tires:( My old Legacy had the continental conti-extreme winter tires They were awsome nothing could slow me down but I could always stop!!

i don't think they are going to be any better than the RE92s. OEM is OEM, cheapo tires=more profit.

btw, welcome to the boards sexy! ;)

:lol: hey sexymom, where in Md do you live?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Since you drive harder than most, you might want to get some Michelin Pilot Exaltos A/S for yourself.. they definitely a good upgrade for the people like us that live in Maryland area.

Tire Rack sells them, you can read up on them.

Keefe

Since you drive harder than most, you might want to get some Michelin Pilot Exaltos A/S for yourself.. they definitely a good upgrade for the people like us that live in Maryland area.
We like them on our 98 Volvo V70 GLT.

Well I got to find out how the tires handled in snow! Great we had 15" in MD over the weekend went out did many controlled tight doughnuts,Busted out of my driveway and parking spot with no shoveling 10-13" NO problem. Tires did a Awsome job I stopped no trouble besides theABS acting like crap. The car slide because ABS locked up I hate ABS "ALL DOWN FOR NO ABS SAY I".

• 2 weeks later...
Well I got to find out how the tires handled in snow! Great we had 15" in MD over the weekend went out did many controlled tight doughnuts,Busted out of my driveway and parking spot with no shoveling 10-13" NO problem. Tires did a Awsome job I stopped no trouble besides theABS acting like crap. The car slide because ABS locked up I hate ABS "ALL DOWN FOR NO ABS SAY I".

ABS doesn't lock up........ :lol: That's the point isn't it.... How can ABS cause you to slide??

"My old Legacy had the continental conti-extreme winter tires They were awsome nothing could slow me down but I could always stop!!"

Are you serious?? I had those for about 20k miles and let me just say I would never recommend them. Granted they are decent in the snow and rain but dry traction is HORRIBLE.... RE92's are better on the street in my opinion..

Archived