LegacyGT.com

HID Kits for the new Legacy?

SPR3472

Hi all, Yes, the kit I have put in are 6000K, and they definitely have a purplish tinge on the road. I am currently investigating trying a 5000K globe, as I would prefer a white light, not a purple tinge. Still, there is an improvement over the stock lights, with a usable beam being projected further down the road.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='VTECorona'][quote name='bigbadboss101']I like white lights. the Audi's are more purple/blue. The older Acura's are a little pink. If I recall correctly, some of the Lexus SUVs have nice bright HIDs.[/quote] All OEM HID is 4300k, the housing (reflector\projector) is what affects the color output. The actual light is white, the purple/blue comes from the cut-off of the beam. Theres more about it at [url]www.hidforum.com[/url][/quote] I don't know if there is any truth to this but I do know that differnt bulbs burn at different kelvin ratings. This translates from white (4100k) to blue (5000k) to purple (6000K+) colors.

(sorry noob here) I don't know if I'm jumping into this thread a little late, but my question was: were there any concerns about the HID bulbs wokring with the existing projector housings? also, Weasel/Trumpy, do you have a link to where you purchased your stuff?

[quote name='Subawho?'](sorry noob here) I don't know if I'm jumping into this thread a little late, but my question was: were there any concerns about the HID bulbs wokring with the existing projector housings? also, Weasel/Trumpy, do you have a link to where you purchased your stuff?[/quote] Shouldn't be as they are the correct projector pattern and not reflector type housings...

Sorry I'm late. This one is a plug and play kit. If you decide to install a set, get a few 12" tie wraps to secure the ballasts to the inner fender well. The auction says it's a 4700k but the bulb has a 5000k tag. Not a deal breaker for me. As always, good luck [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7918376749&category=36476[/url]

[quote name='Subawho?']don't mean to have endless questions, but does anyone have any input on whether this mod could/might cause questions with regard to wrranty? thanks for the info..[/quote] In the US, a dealer can not deny you warranty repair unless they can prove that the modification had a direct impact on the item of question. However, it's only natural for a dealer to approach a vehicle with lots of obvious mods with suspicion. Ken

• 2 weeks later...
My cousin sells HID kits and aftermarket PIAA, Hella, JDM, etc., lamp kits for a living. He has accumulated a 4 digit feedback on ebay and 99% of it is positive. If you check out his new website, which is almost done [url]www.blinglights.com[/url] he has HID kits from Japan with warranty. By the way he has done group buys for various other car forums and I can get him to work something out for us. His email is [email]manus198@yahoo.com[/email]

i beleive they are all standard fit, depending on what you buy obviosuly. the HID kits should fit fine in teh legacy's housing, my cousin includes documentation and frequently asked questions on his ebay site. [url]http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=wwwblinglightscom&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1[/url] each diffferent item has a unique description with the freqeuntly asked questions to go along with it. if you have any more questions you can email him, the adress is provided at his website+ebay site. i will definately be buying my HIDs from him. the 8k+ kelvin rating produces a very blue (almost purple) glow that is quite a site. good stuff :wink:

[quote name='Drift Monkey']differences can be seen here: [url]http://www.xenonfactory.com/products/hid/philips.htm[/url] Any deviation from pure white light negatively effects total light output.[/quote] DM, As I'm sure you are aware, daylight temperature is 6500K. So the previously mentioned 4100K would not be the pure white light you refer to. D stirring

[quote name='Der 5er'][quote name='Drift Monkey']differences can be seen here: [url]http://www.xenonfactory.com/products/hid/philips.htm[/url] Any deviation from pure white light negatively effects total light output.[/quote] DM, As I'm sure you are aware, daylight temperature is 6500K. So the previously mentioned 4100K would not be the pure white light you refer to. D stirring[/quote] It depends on what time of day and what are the conditions. 6500k you could get on a cloudy day.

[quote name='Der 5er'][quote name='Drift Monkey']differences can be seen here: [url]http://www.xenonfactory.com/products/hid/philips.htm[/url] Any deviation from pure white light negatively effects total light output.[/quote] DM, As I'm sure you are aware, daylight temperature is 6500K. So the previously mentioned 4100K would not be the pure white light you refer to. D stirring[/quote] I'm aware of that, but 4100k is the most usable wavelength output from the sun.

Archived