LegacyGT.com

HID Kits for the new Legacy?

SPR3472

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='GranTourer']Do you have any instructions for replacing the H3 fog light bulbs? TIA[/quote] Pull the fog light cover off with your fingers. It comes off easily. Jack up the car on the side you're working on. Get under the foglight and pop 2 plastic rivets securing the splash liner and then fold the liner away so that you can get to the 2 10mm bolts holding the foglight in place. Remove these 2 bolts and unplug the wiring harness. The foglight assembly slides right out. Remember not to touch the bulb glass.

Beat me to it Weasel! :D I also managed to install my Xenon kit over the weekend. Install took about an hour start to finish, and was very easy. I will put together some instructions for those that are insterested. I have attached a pic of the finished product. Daytime photo unfortunately, will try to get some night pics tonight. [img]http://home.exetel.com.au/trumpy/XenonInstall/Finished2.jpg[/img]

Looks very very nice, a bit of a distance picture would be nice too, Im sure the Xenon light with the colour of yr car will make it stand out as well. Now you will have to consider changing yr parking lights as they will look almost orange next to the Xenon light, you could maybe go a light blue too. Thanks again, let us know when the instructions will be up. Adam.

No need to apologise, they look great, Im sure when you get the opp, u will post some more. From here, it looks like a very tidy install. Did Frank @ XenonOz give you much assistance or was it a pretty straight forward install for you? Adam.

Adam, Install was very straightforward, no need for assistance. Had it done in under an hour. I have knocked together a quick word doc, outlining the main points of the install, with pics. I will refine it a little more when i get a chance. It can be found [url]http://home.exetel.com.au/trumpy/XenonInstall/HID%20Xenon%20light%20install%20in%20MY04%20Subaru%20Liberty.doc[/url]

Trumpy, that looks really sexy! If you have a chance, please put that as a thread in the upgrades section. I'm sure it will be helpful there since it will be within easy reach. I can't wait to see the nighttime pictures.
-ben

That looks really hot Trumpy. Nice instructions. Couple questions. Did you re-aim the lights, if so how? Did you disable the day time running lights before installing? I read on some vendor's site that it wasn't neccessary b/c DRLs don't supply the ballasts with enough voltage to ignite the bulbs, is that bad advice?

GranTourer, I didnt have to re-aim the lights, as the projector lens in the Liberty headlight keeps the beam in the same position. I have compared against my garage door before and after and the light is in the same place. Regarding DRL's, we dont actually have them on Australian spec cars, so I am not sure on the implications of them on a HID kit. Perhaps Weasel may be able to answer that one, as he also installed a HID kit over the weekend.

[quote name='agctr']For mine, as long as they do the job and look great, thats the main thing but yes I hear you regarding attracting attention, but Xenon does stand out, so it gets two thumbs up for me and the BLING BLING factor too. Adam.[/quote] Too purple for me. There is a difference in usable light between the different kelvin ratings. As they rise from 4100K, less usable light is attained. Basically the farther away from 4100K lights you go, the more bling it is over function...

I believe a pic of the kit in Trumpy's directions says they are 6000k HID. I found [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7918376749&category=36476]THIS[/url] auction on eBay and not only does it have a VERY good comparison between the different Kelvin (4700K - 10,000K), but also a good comparison between reflector and projector housing!! 8)

[quote name='bigbadboss101']I like white lights. the Audi's are more purple/blue. The older Acura's are a little pink. If I recall correctly, some of the Lexus SUVs have nice bright HIDs.[/quote] All OEM HID is 4300k, the housing (reflector\projector) is what affects the color output. The actual light is white, the purple/blue comes from the cut-off of the beam. Theres more about it at [url]www.hidforum.com[/url]

Archived