LegacyGT.com

legacygt.com is at an all time low

geddyup

Every forum there always pops up a member or two who really really take all this personally. Even though SOMETIMES he/she has never personally met anybody here. Its like you're messing with their whole world, almost like you physically attacked them. Its bizarre. Look at the words he uses, its like you beat him up in real life or stole his girl or ipod.

I should write a thesis on the phenomena. Hmmmm :icon_bigg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let me break it down for you shot gun style...

some people dont relize that a forum is like a country. Its filled with different ethinicitys and different origins. Not everyone is gonna be mister perfect and post only usefull information. If it was that way there would be far less members. i know as a fact that some of the most knowelgable members on this site, are the most senior ones. What do you do when you max out your knowledge? hell(http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/report.gif)... you get a little off topic!! So wHat!!!! if this forum was dry and and had no homur to it, all the members who know what the fuck(http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/report.gif) there talking about would leave!! this IMO.

if this forum turned into a place for non swearing, non OT, non humor peeps, there would be alot of people not posting usefull information!!

brother, you are preaching to the choir. Who do you think stood up for just what you describe when he was a mod? That's right, me. I backed you guys despite the BS because it's what makes this site fun and interesting.

My point is that dude's entitled to his opinion. Just disagree with him, but questioning his right to raise a concern or gripe just plays into his hands and proves his point.

:trolls:

brother, you are preaching to the choir. Who do you think stood up for just what you describe when he was a mod? That's right, me. I backed you guys despite the BS because it's what makes this site fun and interesting.

My point is that dude's entitled to his opinion. Just disagree with him, but questioning his right to raise a concern or gripe just plays into his hands and proves his point.

:trolls:

I concur.

I just dont like it when members bash the best sight I have ever been on!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

<emo> i'm crying rainbows because of you horrible people! in fact, reading the text that is on my screen has questioned my $25,000+ car decision! i should have bought a VW Beetle Cabriolet! :sobs: </emo>

life is hard - wear a helmet.

Somebody has an inferiority issue and needs to see the shrink. Sadly this is the generation of kids raised on Prozac and Xanax and most get butt hurt over comments made on an internet forum. Some even threaten lawsuits that I hope no judge ever takes seriously. Any person that gets seriously hurt over what is said over a forum needs to step back and end themselves because they are trully a danger to society. Who is to say that same person will not go psycho in real life one day and start shooting people. The internet is the easiest medium to avoid, just step back, relax, surf elsewhere.

Ha! I don't even understand poetry and I thought it was funny. Damn, some people need to put down the red kool-aid and realize that you don't have to just "believe" to be a member. The world would be a much more boring and less funny place without dissent and the difference of opinion.

edit for bad spelling

Ha! I don't even understand poetry and I thought it was funny. Damn, some people need to put down the red kool-aid and realize that you don't have to just "believe" to be a member. The world would be a much more boring and less funny place without dissent and the difference of opinion.

edit for bad spelling

It was blue in the terrorism thread... this isn't some matrix shit is it? EXPLAIN OR IM LEAVING FOREVER :icon_mad: (you suck)

I agree with Christian.

Sounds like a little mistake and Bosco comes on the site whining like a little american me first baby.

Is it really the end of the world?

This forum used to rip now its full of fricking cry baby mamas boys.

I know everyone wants everything know.

What ever happened to a little patience.

The fellows at cobb are a great group of people. I think all this negative whinning is nothing but a bunch os BS.

These guys are innovating some cool parts for our cars. You should be praising them instead of cutting them down..

Get a dam life and give the people at cobb the respect they deserve.

Patrick

After a quote like this in another thread you must only be starting this one to try to piss people off. I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion, but don't come on here accusing people of whining, bickering, being know-it-alls, or big stinks when you are the epitome of ALL THAT! Especially when the other thread was just someone looking for help and that is your response!

It was blue in the terrorism thread... this isn't some matrix shit is it? EXPLAIN OR IM LEAVING FOREVER :icon_mad: (you suck)

Nah, I was referring more to the ole' Jim Jones type of "the LGT is god! Anyone who curses it's name is a heathen" type of drinking kool-aid. Of course now after careful research, I find that his cult members drank grape kool-aid, so I assume I should've said purple.

Damn what a bunch of losers up at this hour on LGT.com! Even Jedi's asleep.

Loser #35 checking in!

Wow,

1 year later and the place is full of retards.

you havent even been here a year!! how can you judge?

I think Bu11dogg made a good point. The fact that he hasn't been here much longer than Geddyup is irrelevant.

ironically I think he was complementing me :lol:

I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

He's complaining a bunch but I agree there are a lot of very abrasive people here who are quick to bite and poke fun at people who aren't always ready or in the mood for it. That's not the worst of it, some just never seem to let up on people who are new and aren't quite "in on it" yet. The infighting and buddy buddy stuff on this site is a lot worse than a number of other ones I've been on although the site plays the face of being a pretty nice, intelligent and tight community.

I find it not to be a particularly warm and inviting community but I still come here because there are people who know a lot about these cars and have fixes for various problems or advice for various things. Beyond that I haven't got much interest to be a part of the community. I've found it easier to adapt and join at a lot of other forums than this one, so that's what I did. This forum is useful to me, but it's not going to be anything beyond that if it continues the way it is. I'm not going to make a thread and whine about it though but if this one's her I'm just going to say I can kinda see where he's coming from.

I agree on the harassing vendors thing. It got old in a hurry.

The OT/pointless posting is what makes this place fun though, but then again NASIOC is my favorite suby related board so I might be biased. :p If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you get flamed, suck up your e-ego and move on with life..

Where to start? Can I see where things get out of hand at times? Sure. If nowhere else but I the minds/opinions of 1 or 2 people. Sometimes we don't "play nicely with others", and at other times there isn't any harm or disrespect intended. It's kind of difficult to determine the tone of a statement made by someone else when it's just words on a screen. Even so, all of us have different "boiling points", sense of humors, and just stuff that rubs us the wrong way. Due to those variables, "e-spats" sometimes are the result. I have seen some things on this site that didn't exactly sit well with me, but I can't/don't/won't waste my time trying to be a vigilante of the internet because truth be told, if you look or listen long enough, eventually something is going to be unacceptable. I just try to get the info I need, and if I can have a little fun in the process, hopefully at no one else's expense, I consider it a bonus. However, I do wonder at some points would some of the comments made in some of the posts be made in a face to face situation. Not trying to call anybody out, just wondering if it's that serious sometimes. I enjoy this site. Way more positive that negative, IMO. It takes all kinds, and that's precisely what this site consists of.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Archived