LegacyGT.com

Window Tint Installed!

Bicster

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone recommend a tint installer for Huper Optik in Northern Cali? I called to the three most prominent local installers and NOT ONE knew about ceramic tint. Clearly, I won't be getting it done in Modesto.

Thanks in advance

H2OSB

Bureaucrat, 4th Class, Boondoggle Department

:lol: Cool, bout what i have in the Navy then.

Yea, probably the best way to get the info you want about this is to talk to them directly via the email addy.

What about 3M Color Stable tint... I was told it was the best film on the market. My legacy would the fourth car I've brough to this guy (two were family member cars) and they've all turned out GREAT.

Anyone have any experience with this product?

Basically it is guaranteed to never turn "purple" like many old tint films do.

thanks

Please refrain from posting childish comments. We're all grown ups here.

I'm just about to get my windows tinted and wanted some serious opintions on the 3M Color Stable tint. It is non-metallic and is guaranteed not to give me any problems on my nav or radio.

He will do back window, side windows front and rear, and the sun-roof (to reduce glare on the navigation) all for $260.00.

He said regular price for all that is $350.00 but like I said I've brought 4 cars to him in the last 6 months.

Serious feedback or opinions only... no jerky comments.

Thanks

I have the 3M Color Stable.

Only been on for about a month. same price ..... maybe mine was 265, but larger surface with the wagon (especially the ridiculously large 2 piece sunroof that I will never use).

My tinter said the huper was better but for the price difference he'd choose the 3M since it's close in performance.

yeah that ceramic stuff is suppose to be very good from what I've read. However I've also heard that you there are limited number of dealers and I really like the guy I work with so 3M it is!

Lots of it has to do with the installer too!!! Not just the film!!!

Just my opinion!

By the way EL PAALO,

What % dark/light did you go with?

Front/Rear Same?

Sunroof?

Thanks

well I had mine done at the dealership.....I like the way it looks, but I was wondering if anyone else finds that the defrost lines cause a glare at night from headlights after your tint job..?

BINGO! :) They will cause a bit of exra glare at first. I felt that mine subsided after about a month (I'm in Seattle so it took awhile to really dry out and secure itself to the windows surface) when the tint reallllllllly adhered to the window. The defrost lines are very slight now and with the auto dimming mirror it's just fine. I got the Lunar film (I believe, don't really remember honestly, I'll have to ask SaggioWRX on here since he did it) and it's 32% all the way around in my sedan and I love it!!! :icon_bigg

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

$200?

Are you kidding?

That seems cheap for 7 pieces of tint installed!

WOW....

Now I'm feeling like I'm not getting such a good deal!

You're in denver... hmmm

I guess cost of living is higher in california...

260 for 8 pieces... and I'm suppose to be getting about 90 bucks off retail.

Now what....

The 3M CS carbon colour stable is a film I have on my car for evaluation.

Against.........

1. It has optical distotions in the base material if you know what to look for that is not good.

2. It has a very poor degree of scratch-resistance compared to other films on the market. I've already brushed up against the driver's door film and marked it which needed replacement.

3.It has a very soft adhesive compared once again to other films.

This manifests itself by creating an impression in the film where the glass sits hard against the rubbers. Especially down in the area just up fom the front mirrors on the doors.

What happens is that the whole perimeter of the glass is leaving a mark right through the film and into the adhesive.

I am not getting this with other films.

4. It is very grainy in optical appearance and I've seen a lot better to emulate glass quality in other films. This is not so with this product.

For......sensational non-reflective blackish colour appearance externally in 35% VLT.

Rob.

well I had mine done at the dealership.....I like the way it looks, but I was wondering if anyone else finds that the defrost lines cause a glare at night from headlights after your tint job..?

Yebby,

The film on the rear screen is refracting the light as the wavelength is being bent over each wire in the screen.

The headlight flare you speak of especially noticeable at night and will never go away.

Whether the film is a minute old or 5 years old the effect is exactly the same. It has nothing to do with drying.

Rob.

woah, i knew the metallic tint affected the radio but radar too? man, i was gonna get a valentine1 but i got the llumar tint job. you guys think it's not worth gettin the V1?

I had metallic film put on my WRX (Solar Gard I think) and I didn't notice any difference in my V1's performance.

The 3M CS carbon colour stable is a film I have on my car for evaluation.

Against.........

1. It has optical distotions in the base material if you know what to look for that is not good.

2. It has a very poor degree of scratch-resistance compared to other films on the market. I've already brushed up against the driver's door film and marked it which needed replacement.

3.It has a very soft adhesive compared once again to other films.

This manifests itself by creating an impression in the film where the glass sits hard against the rubbers. Especially down in the area just up fom the front mirrors on the doors.

What happens is that the whole perimeter of the glass is leaving a mark right through the film and into the adhesive.

I am not getting this with other films.

4. It is very grainy in optical appearance and I've seen a lot better to emulate glass quality in other films. This is not so with this product.

For......sensational non-reflective blackish colour appearance externally in 35% VLT.

Rob.

Great,

Thanks for the honest opinion.

I thought about the glass on the rubber. First car I've had with no window frame.

I guess we'll see how it goes and I'll know for next time. My appointment is in an hour and I have no other places to go to. I'd have to start my search all over again and I really want this done while its sunny out.

I'll report back in a few weeks with my final thoughts on the 3M for my sake I hope you were wrong but for some reason I believe you.

:)

Yebby,

The film on the rear screen is refracting the light as the wavelength is being bent over each wire in the screen.

The headlight flare you speak of especially noticeable at night and will never go away.

Whether the film is a minute old or 5 years old the effect is exactly the same. It has nothing to do with drying.

Rob.

Must just be me getting used to it then... :) I had some bubbles that were back there at first also, so when those dried I felt that the glare was reduced and that probably effected my opinion on the glare factor also.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Must just be me getting used to it then... :) I had some bubbles that were back there at first also, so when those dried I felt that the glare was reduced and that probably effected my opinion on the glare factor also.

That's exactly whay happens!

As for the Solargard not affecting the WRX.... well that depends entirely on the particular film within that family of films from that manufacturer.

Rob.

I was able to get 30% tint all the way around for $250. Not sure what kind of tint it was but it was the good stuff. Metal mess woven to prevent fading and stuff. Looks real good with my black LGT. Also I got a lifetime warrenty, which is pretty sweet.

Archived