LegacyGT.com

Window Tint Installed!

Bicster

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't remember exactly what I paid, but I got the HuperOptik on the fronts and 3M on the rears. I think it was something like 400 - 500. But my memory is fuzzy. It was part of the deal I got on the car.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Speaking of UV protection, I need it here in PA. I get cooked in the car and my doctor says I'm not allowed to get tan due to current health issues. I am tired of applying sunscreen just to drive somewhere. Pennsylvania has a form for your doctor to sign to request an exemption for after market sunscreening for a physical condition. For some reason you can request windshield and side windows, but not back window. Maybe they don't care. Their website says a medical exemption allows colorless window film that blocks UV. Anyone ever used anything like that? Does anyone have any idea of the UV blocking ability of the factory glass? Otherwise the site says they require 70% light transmission all around on 1998 and newer passenger cars, but I was advised by a tint shop that factory glass was already at 80% transmission. That makes it sound like I can get away with a light tint. My local cops have the device to measure that light transmission. Due to our low crime rate, they have tons of time to do this.

i thought that i read somewhere that glass inherently blocks like 80% uv rays . . . i'll have to go check up on this . . .

• 3 months later...
This was the first "mod" to my car back in 2005 :) Paid about $260 at Tropic Window Tint in Union/Elizabeth, NJ Excellent job (Llumar 35%). I'm sure I would've gotten the Huper Optik, but I wasn't aware of such product at that time. :spin:

Image6.thumb.jpg.85e890421a48c4148e2e6f4008d125e1.jpg

Guest DJ Proez

If you aren't going to match all around don't bother. 20s all around FTW and I Paid 300 which is the most you should ever pay.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb46/SPT08SPECB/CIMG0026.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived