LegacyGT.com

MP3's can be played on stock stereo!

NewGTGuy

The problem is you need "Model C" of the stock stereo. Look on page 5-47 in the owner's manual. The only difference is the RPT and RND buttons are combined and they have added a TEXT button on the right side. This allows the user to display the MP3 text. Another side note. A few pages further and you will see a visor with HomeLink buttons in it. Just thought I'd let you know. NGG

Do these happen to be in the "VDC Options" section of the manual? As of now, the Outback VDC is the only model available with the "Model C" stereo that plays mp3s, and homelink (llBean has homelink optional, as well, I think, but no MP3) Do you have any data saying that these options are on other trim-levels?

Is the highend outback stereo compatible with the LGT's? what I mean is do you need to do any mods to the front face plate in order to install it. I am guessing its just s simple swapping of units and everything else plugs and bolts right up. If thats the case I might ask my friend at the dealership to see what the "real" cost of on of these might be.

Ok, I rechecked the manual last night and it doesn't distinguish between the LGT and OB. It simply gives directions for Model A, B and C stereos. Also, if you have model C you get steering wheel stereo controls. I'm a bit upset as I never even new this was an option. Also, Homelink in the visor is not specific to the OB in the manual. It shows you how to program it for US and Canadian cars separetly. It all starts on page 5-47. NGG P.S. This is not in the options section of the manual. It is in the Interior - Audio section.

Archived