LegacyGT.com

iON Springs rear shims.?? to raising rear end..

Selds

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20375AE000 - Rear Rubber Spring Seat

Hmmm, none in stock at Subaru Canada's Toronto warehouse. They will have to come from Japan and will take 2-3 weeks, according to my dealer.

25.00 CAN each.

I've got a spare set of these, new, if anyone's interested. I don't need them.

**Edit - SOLD (that was easy).

• 2 months later...
SGT - just sent you a PM with a couple of questions about the psring seats...write back when you get a chance. Thanks.....

I have a wagon w/ iON's so the rear droop is worse than the sedan's. I just ordered 2 upper rear seats as well and will install them in a couple weeks when my Bosal/STP exhaust comes in. I'll report on the wagon results then.

Ya know, this thread has been alive for 2 1/2 months now. Why hasn't Jack posted yet in response to the rear drop problem? I, for one, have had a MUCH bigger than 1" drop (almost 2" as I have measured a stock LGT wagon and my car side-by-side at the dealer) and I let Jack know this. Even after posting pic's he never really acknowleged my rear drop was too much (which it is).

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21994&highlight=ion+rear+drop

I bought the extra rubber seats for my Ions, but decided not to use them during the install. After the springs were on, I thought my sedan looked great as is. The stance, even with the lower rear wheel arch, looks much like that of BMW and Mercedes sport sedans.
ignore him, he'll go away.

So the wagon Ions sag even more, huh? I'm waiting on mine now, had planned on using the double-seat trick.

I've been using double seats with Pinks, works fine (I'm in a wagon). Actually more secure than I thought it'd be - the first week I half expected it to fold over on itself, but no problems after maybe 10 weeks now.

I did it and it worked GREAT!!! I saw someone post about putting the rubber seat on the Bottom of the Strut. DO NOT DO THIS! Make sure if you do this you double up the seats at the top. I will try to post pics soon but the drop looks great. Its all a preference thing anyway. =)

it may be a little late to post this bu ti just upgraded to 255/35/18 tires and the squatting of the wagon caused ever so slight rubbing on drivers rear corner

so after double checking my air pressires i installed 4 spring rubbers on left sode and 2 spring rubbers on right i have ion springs also

the height changed just a little made the driver s side the same as passenger side which before was a little lower i have about 3/4 " space between tire and rear fender lip about 1 1/2 in front but the car is level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was in the process of ordering coilovers but i think i might just hold off

it may be a little late to post this bu ti just upgraded to 255/35/18 tires and the squatting of the wagon caused ever so slight rubbing on drivers rear corner

so after double checking my air pressires i installed 4 spring rubbers on left sode and 2 spring rubbers on right i have ion springs also

the height changed just a little made the driver s side the same as passenger side which before was a little lower i have about 3/4 " space between tire and rear fender lip about 1 1/2 in front but the car is level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was in the process of ordering coilovers but i think i might just hold off

4 on left/passenger side rear and 2 on rightdriver side rear? or both front and back?

The standard sport spec will give you a 25mm drop in the front and ~20-22mm in the rear...

(according to a PM Jack from iON Performance send me).

So how could it be that the rear of the car drops more than the front?

Tru that sgt and the IONS keep that same look, even tone it down some, which some like some dont. This is NOT a case of ION springs not having the right drop because they do. This is purely a personal preference and this thread was in no way intended to knock on ION, their springs are the SH!@. I just wanted to do something a little different to personalize my ride and I like the outcome with the shims.

Can I get a Moderator to please take the ION out of the title becuase this is not an ION specific mod.

-Thx

Stance appearance seems to vary with model and year. My 02 WRX didn't sit back; neither does my 05 LGT wagon (pre-Ions, currently), nor my wife's 05 OB 2.5 XT.

I'd rather avoid the sit-back look, myself, so I have, so far, one extra pair of rear spring seats ready.

Jack, I'm glad you finally chimed in. Why are there SOOOOOOO many iON users who report only problems in the rear drop? You know I reported this to you last year as an "issue". My rear drop is closer to 2" and I have measured this a number of times, most recently just 2 weeks ago when I was at the dealer. I literally parked next to a 2005 LGT wagon and measured from the ground to the top of the wheel well on both sides of both cars bouncing both cars and taking several measurements. My drop was between aprox 1" to almost 2" compared to the stock LGT wagon. That's not what I "signed-up for" when I purchased these springs...1" is what I was told. Ride, yes, it's good. Great, I'm not so sure, but asthetics...it just sits too low in the rear. There have been too many people reporting this to you, yet you seem to not take responsibility for it. I really don't get it? The front is PERFECT! Yet the rear is not. Why? And before you ask, YES, I did measure the front drop on the stock LGT wagon and it was just about to just over 1" compared to mine. Not to mention NOBODY has complained about the front drop being a problem. What is wrong with the rear springs? Please answer this question for all of us. I think it's time.

NHLEG - The "issue" is more of a subjective rather then "objective". The chassis itself is lowered by the 30mm/25mm whereas the fender line itself will be different due to the lines of the fender (ie: between front and rear). Some have used the rubber "shims" to adjust for this to their personal preference. In terms of the exact drop, there will be slight variances from car to car (the newer the original rubber components & the less wear of the OEM struts, the less there is in variance from vehicle to vehicle). Did you by chance fit an extra rubber shim in the rear?

"Subjective" is looks. "Objective" is taking a tape measure and measuring from the exact same point on each car. My car just turned 12k miles - still quite new. I originally reported the "issue" to you with about 7k miles - basically a new car. And yes, I'm just about to install the upper spring seats to help correct a problem (not "issue") with the rear spring drop as soon as my catback comes in (figure I'll do 2 jobs at once).

Again, why won't you address the FACT that so many people have reported that the rear drop is more than the aprox. 1" as advertised? Why??? Something is going on here and I for one would really like to know what considering I paid more for these springs than ANY other vendor charges for their springs.

I'm the next one with rear drop- which is waaaaaay to much, and not balanced like with stock springs.

Right now my HID light are way to high, so I have to options:

1) adjust lights or

2) install second set of Rear Rubber Spring Seats.... and propably I'll go with this one since I don't want to mess up with light and I allready have a problem when leaving garage (not when solo, only with load or my kid on the back(40lbs)

Archived